Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 00:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thats quite a turn around in 3 months' time. Was he really a colleague of yours ? a lot of stuff comes out in the papers, it is wise not to associate ourselves with them.
he was travelling to goergia to join my company when he crashed. I myself contributed to help him (along with others. $s directly went to the hospital for food etc).

Later he quit (rather did not join). I am sure a lot of thought, planning and trauma happened in last 3 months for him. I had assumed he was going to stay with us.

I vaguely knew him from my previous job in chennai where he worked too.

in spite of this, I have no knowledge of his personal life. does that still sound fishy?
Old 3rd December 2007, 20:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

U.S. traffic law

In the U.S. the merging vehicle onto a main highway must ALWAYS yield. However, it is considered courteous for a vehicle on the highway to move over and let the merging vehicle onto the road if he can. But, by law, he does not have to. This accident is questionable because there appears to be no contact between the 2 vehicles. It might come down to what witnesses say as to who was wrong.
Old 15th August 2021, 12:54   #18
BHPian

Re: accident in North carolina, one of my colleagues involved

1. Not sure if one can generalize "never swerve, always brake" as a rule. If the time/distance to collision is beyond the stopping distance it might be ok to brake first, then swerve or brake and swerve. Today's cars with ABS allow you to brake and steer at the same time
  2. Also depends on what vehicle you will collide with-if it's a semi trailer or a truck/bus you might want to avoid the collision at all costs since it will lead to a small overlap underride. If it's a car, then the delta V for both of you will be half of the initial difference in speeds (assuming equal masses) and occupants in both vehicles will have minor injuries.
While driving once on the road, there's usually no choice that's 100% safe. It's a trade off between different outcomes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks