Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 23:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Isn't the road in front of MPhasis the one that leads to Ulsoor lake? Is this Old Madras Rd?
Yeah exactly. (20 characters)
Old 14th September 2007, 01:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Oh..no wonder.
I used to hate using that road,thanks to all the side roads & trucks parked on the side,making it tough to drive on 1 lane. And the other issue used to be kids running across from the slums.99% of the time,i've seen trucks go on high beam since the street lights would never work.
There used to be a few 'no right turn' boards (ie,while coming from the Ulsoor lake side towards Lakshmipuram), and those would vanish & re-appear from time to time. Same with the stone blocks that form part of the divider.
Old 14th September 2007, 18:23   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

oh man.... that's really sad.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:36   #49
BHPian

Remember when it comes to traffic in India your ego is proportional to the size of your vehicle. And in case of cars its more like a girl surrounded by bunch of hooligans like a hindi movie (izzat ka sawal funda). Damage happens to car and you have to bear the brunt.

I am not giving you any gyan but just make sure that its better to play it safe and keep a safe distance.
Old 17th September 2007, 10:52   #50
BHPian

I dont have a clue why whenever some one replies to this thread i get an alert in my inbox saying the thread has been updated!! Can some one throw light on this issue.
Old 17th September 2007, 14:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Have to get the bumpers repainted next time the car goes for service
I can totally identify with your frustrations. it costs something like 8k to get the bumper replaced; must cost atleast 3k each to get them re-painted.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I dont have a clue why whenever some one replies to this thread i get an alert in my inbox saying the thread has been updated!! Can some one throw light on this issue.
may be you have subscribed to this thread, check it out if its the case
Old 17th September 2007, 18:53   #53
BHPian

My god
After reading these horror stories abt new babies(read cars) getting scratched by reckless bikers/autowalas, i've started wondering if i should buy a car or...may be a bulldozer!!
I am such a weak hearted guy..i wonder how what will happen to me when my car gets scratched :(
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:19   #54
BHPian

Driving thru traffic in b'lore is the best cuz you save on gym costs
your foot is welded to clutch and brakes and hardly ever grazing on the accelerator. Just simply shift into first and let the car inch thru traffic ......To make matters worse are the natural elements of nature rain and the slush on the roads and the pleasant surprises...provided by the BMRCL....KPTCL....BSNL ....(the list may go on....)

The ultimate solution.... buy a bicycle and fit a jet engine to it just like J clarkson did it the 5th episode of speed........
Old 16th October 2007, 21:22   #55
BHPian

Well, too add to the traffic - one other recent thing in Bangalore that causes dents & scratches - parking: in public places, malls, other buildings. Last year, I had an incident where one nut case had parked his omni near jayanagar 4th block in such a way that there's no way I take my car out. That after I thought I parked in a safe place, just next to a entry point to a building where there's supposed to be no parking. Tried all sorts of things to take it out & ended up with few bumper scratches. Ended going home in auto and come back after 2 hours - still the guy has not taken it out. tried enquiring around - nobody knows. again go home in auto & return 2 hours later - no luck ! walked half way to the police station & decide to do one last check before filing complaint: luck, he had gone...

Other thing - looked at some MLCP in new buildings ? seen at wockhardt hospitals bannerghatta road ? the curve at each floor is so short and narrow and leaves no room for error & if you are to go 3rd flloor - you can get giddy in that continous short circling...

Most Viewed