Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 18:39   #1
BHPian

bangalore traffic...leaves its mark on the vtec

PLACE: Republic nursing home road
TIME : Around 330
INCIDENT : Tempo left its mark on the vtec

I turn out of the republic nursing home road onto the main road and stop as traffic is at a standstill. This tempo next to me, suddenly forgets he is a tempo and tries to manoeuvre like a cycle from right to left in thick traffic. I horn incessantly trying to enlighten this driver that there is no room, and instead a head pokes out of the shotgun seat and says there is place. 5 seconds later, a sickening scrape is heard as per my anticipation. So i get down, confront this guy, who has the nerve to say "saaar bidi saar, baree ondh chikka touch" and climbs back in to leave as the light turns green. Now for a guy like me this "chikka touch" is burning a hole in my soul as i absolutely LOATHE a scratched car or for that matter anything out of order with regard to my car, and this is quite a big gash that removed a good chunk of paint off the bumper, (thankfully no damage to the headlight or fender as that could prove more expensive). AND on sunday, traffic is at an absolute standstill near symphony theatre as some NAMMA METRO is going on, so i switch off my engine and wait for things to clear up. Out of nowhere i hear a "THUNK" at the back and i see this two wheeler just being pushed along in neutral trying to squeeze between cars and scratching mine in the bargain. Now there is absolutely no place for this bloke in front and yet he nicks cars trying to squeeze forward. Sorry to say, rage got the better of me and i put the window down and gave him a string of choicest swear words from around our country.
What i would like to bring to light is that traffic in B'lore is at the absolute pits and it's a near impossible task for people who are meticulous about the cars, to keep the same without damage, with so many savages on the road who have as much traffic sense as the cows we try and avoid.
Have to get the bumpers repainted next time the car goes for service
Old 14th August 2007, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats horrible!
The tempo driver should have gotten a black eye from you..and you could have said- 'parvagilla ri..chikka dent aagithe..bitt bidi'..

I hate those 2 wheelers trying to squeeze in between traffic. Last Dec,we faced the same situation. A biker decided to squeeze through b/w our new Verna &the median. He ended up grazing the door,and he got a good chunk of my dad's anger.
Old 14th August 2007, 21:40   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Something similar happened to me the day before. Had parked the car in front of Rex theater. By the time I was back some moron had scraped the right side of the bumper and chipped the paint off. Needless to say, I gave the guard on watch a earful. Wish I had caught that prick who did that to my car. Would have made sure he would never get within 2 feet of any car all his life. Such lousy #($$)%_%_%++#*@*!&!(!)!_!_!+
Old 14th August 2007, 21:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Such lousy #($$)%_%_%++#*@*!&!(!)!_!_!+
That..raised to infinity would more or less describe these characters..
God must have tried to expadite the process of making such people.. too bad he forgot to put 'brains' in them..
Old 14th August 2007, 22:00   #5
BHPian

I haven't seen senseless driving in any city as much as in Bangalore.

Especially the 2 wheelers. They are the ones with the least patience on earth. Just because they have only 2 wheels they feel queues are not meant for them and they can paddle and sweeze in anywhere. And they leave scratches on your car in the process. When they are at your back they never brake. Why brake when bumpers are there as stoppers! Until few years back, footpahts were for pedestrians. Not anymore. You see more of 2 wheelers on them.

God save "Namma Bengaluru"!
Old 14th August 2007, 23:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

ash_vtec, thats really painful dude I can understand.

I once whacked a pillion rider when the biker squeezed in between my car and the divider. Hardly any space and he managed to squeeze thru and in the process hit my RVM.

I pulled the car as close as I could next to the bike and could only reach the pillion rider after stretching. Managed to whack him tight, poor chap was shocked .

He realized why I whacked him. Both biker and pillion dint utter a word.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I pulled the car as close as I could next to the bike and could only reach the pillion rider after stretching. Managed to whack him tight, poor chap was shocked .

He realized why I whacked him. Both biker and pillion dint utter a word.
Man, thats terrific. It is very rare that one gets such a chance.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ooh yes John. I never let any chap get away easily after making my day miserable.

When you and I can stick to and abide by traffic rules, why not the others?

Some people would want to only learn the hard way. Embarass them in public and they wont utter a word. I have seen it happen.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ooh yes John. I never let any chap get away easily after making my day miserable.

When you and I can stick to and abide by traffic rules, why not the others?

Some people would want to only learn the hard way. Embarass them in public and they wont utter a word. I have seen it happen.

Good job! thats the most effective way to teach these guys a lesson. I once saw business man thrash a motorist at a busy intersection. The former was driving a Cielo,and this biker decides to do the serpent dance (ie, weaving in &out of cars/bikes waiting at the lights). The biker grazes the car,enough to peel some paint off the fender.
Out comes the businessman, walks straight to the biker & slaps him so hard across the face that the guy falls off his bike. The noise from the traffic seemed to have been swallowed by the 'thuuuddd' from the slap.
A couple of girls walking by began clapping..adding to the embarressment of the biker.
Old 15th August 2007, 00:00   #10
BHPian

Dealing with such things is nothing new for people living in bangalore..But there r a few who agree their mistakes n are ready to pay for it (definately not the auto n tempo drivers).. i was stuck at this signal after windsor manor bridge, sankey road. Bang!!! a bolero from behind.. got down immediately from the car. Fortunately jus a small scratch on the bumper. even before i could say anything, the driver apologized. n said he is ready to pay for the damage. gave me his card. i am sure this doesnt happen all the time. The auto drivers refuse to pay even when they know that its their mistake...
Old 15th August 2007, 01:32   #11
BHPian

Yeah Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
I haven't seen senseless driving in any city as much as in Bangalore.
100% Correct !

I travel 50 kilometers every day in my office cab and it's more than a roller coster ride sometimes. Very horrible sence of driving. If one of my days is on a ride like that, i pass a few sarcaustic comments to the driver and make sure his wood head thinks about saftey as well.

Most of the cabs have been installed with Pricol Speed Limiter device. And guess what?, they all have been tampered already !

Yes, God only can save " Namma Bengaluru ".

Cheers,
Jai
Old 15th August 2007, 02:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

The hardest fact to digest is that most of these bikers are techies(no offense to any chaps here).

A few weeks back , when it was raining heavy in bangy something really funny happened.

People who travel to e-city would know how traffic piles up at Bommanahalli opp' Gold Hill Square building.

Well one of those days, heavy rains , stranded in traffic without an inch to move. Out of nowhere a biker with his wife/gf/colleague manages to squeeze thru and gets ahead of our cab.

Right in front Oxford college of engineering there was this 3 feet deep trench dug up by NHAI(?) .

The biker lost balance and both fell into the trench.Both pull up themselves and come out covered in muck and what not.. yukkk !!

Am sure an auto also wouldn't offer them a ride being in that stinky state.

Was it needed at all ? How long would it take for them to stay foot and move on when traffic moves ?
Old 15th August 2007, 09:32   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
PLACE: Republic nursing home road
TIME : Around 330
INCIDENT : Tempo left its mark on the vtec
Bang outside my house. Pleace needs to be made oneway. It will get worsr with complexes coming up. Sometimes, I cannot enter the road due to idiots on the wrong side.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:02   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Right in front Oxford college of engineering there was this 3 feet deep trench dug up by NHAI(?) .

The biker lost balance and both fell into the trench.Both pull up themselves and come out covered in muck and what not.. yukkk !!
Something of a similar nature happened when i was along with my project team for a dinner outing last Friday evening. We were on the Airport road, in front of HAL and as is usually the case, traffic was not even moving an inch. Two wheelers as usual begin their darting game through the trees which are lined beside the road. It was drizzling and thats more than enough to send the 2 wheeler riders into a frenzy.

One smart chap on a Passion decides to explore further avenues, and be a pioneer. Soon his bike is stuck in loose mud and loses any form of traction. Instead of getting off and pushing his now stranded bike, he decides to rev it in gear. The scene was one not to be missed. He soon had muck all over his pants, probably new leather shoes, and the likes. All of us who were travelling in the Qualis cab including the cabbie had a whale of a laugh.

Ash_Vtec : Sorry to hear about your car, buddy. Driving through the traffic in Bangalore is enough to make any sane person lose all sanity he ever had.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Opps thats bad dude!

Have heard many opting to drive only if required (like odd hours) or else take ric or bus. i do the same.

Dont think its worth to go through all this.

Most Viewed