Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2007, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Surrounded by cattle

I should let the picture do the talking.

As far as we could see (next one kilometer perhaps), the whole road was blocked by cattles. Several hundreds of them. And boy, were they slow! I didn't want to honk and cause a flutter among them. So slowly made my way. And one shepherd wasn't enough to manage them, so he given up too.

Enroute Gopalaswamy Betta after taking the turn from Mysore-Ooty highway.

Kousik
Old 1st September 2007, 22:28   #2
BANNED

Nice to know that this phenomenon still exists!!!
Old 1st September 2007, 23:10   #3
BHPian

This looks like a strike and a protest caused by cows provided the shepherd isn't in view!

One more guessing, related to the Ice Age movie, everyone are migrating!

Sorry but just had to tell this out.. This came to my mind once I saw the picture!

cya
A
Old 2nd September 2007, 00:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
This looks like a strike and a protest caused by cows provided the shepherd isn't in view!

One more guessing, related to the Ice Age movie, everyone are migrating!

Sorry but just had to tell this out.. This came to my mind once I saw the picture!

cya
A
he he he...shows how ignorant most of the younger generation is (guessing you are young). Do you need to see Ice Age to know that animals & birds do migrate ?

This is probably just an easy everyday walk for these animals , not any migration.
Old 2nd September 2007, 17:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
he he he...shows how ignorant most of the younger generation is (guessing you are young). Do you need to see Ice Age to know that animals & birds do migrate ?

This is probably just an easy everyday walk for these animals , not any migration.
Me young ah? I've seen Ice Age many times! It was just an observation thought.

You observe its an easy everyday walk eh? Looks like everyday this'll be happening in that road and BackseatDriver will be more happy to know this phenomenon exists and happens daily..

Let's not go offtopic again.

What happens if its a soft horn? They wouldnt get frightened and get into a flutter.

cya
A
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is the most common phenomina in most of the village roads. Do not understand when this country will improve........
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:44   #7
BANNED

Actually the image invokes nostalgic memories of standing up whole day/drive on the front seat, between the driver and front passenger, on some cars which are listed are "exotics" and "vintages" here!!!
Those were drives with an ancestor, during his pilgrimage - cum - pleasure - cum business trips. I was too young (I had to stand up on the seat to get a view) The vehicles were specials in the family and ancient even then - Dodges and buicks and what not. Used for short time on long drives before being sold off to some collector.
And in my innocence, I used to wonder why the moon used to stay aside our car during the night drives. I pestered elders with this question till somebody said that we are being guided. I miss that "guidance" nowadays - the horrid hoardings and all those commercial buildings even in the remotest highways block the view.
Old 3rd September 2007, 00:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
What happens if its a soft horn? They wouldnt get frightened and get into a flutter.
They aren't organized at all. I tried some small `beeps' but if that moves the cow directly in front of me towards left, some other cow also moves and takes her place. Finally we started enjoying being hopelessly surrounded by them, and the most excited guy was my two-year old kid in the whole affair!

Kousik
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:20   #9
Team-BHP Support

kousik >> I tried some small `beeps' but if that moves the cow directly in front of me towards left, some other cow also moves and takes her place.

I face the same problem with a couple of motorcyclists, autos, indicabs.
Could it due to small brain size of these cattle and those riders/drivers?
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
This is the most common phenomina in most of the village roads. Do not understand when this country will improve........
We can complain when cows block main city roads, but to complain about cows blocking a rural road is like saying that trucks should not be allowed to drive into factories!

When India appreciates its farmers as much as it does a few call centres and software companies --- then we can say the country has improved
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:26   #11
BHPian

Kaushik , you should have gotten out milk a few of them cows. Now thats a huge herd. How did you manage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
I should let the picture do the talking.

Kousik
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nothing new, this happens every time i visit that place.
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We can complain when cows block main city roads, but to complain about cows blocking a rural road is like saying that trucks should not be allowed to drive into factories!

When India appreciates its farmers as much as it does a few call centres and software companies --- then we can say the country has improved

well said and adding in -
its like shooting the elephants that trample ur crops and ur like raising vegetables in the middle of a forest reserve!!!
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:07   #14
BANNED

Hey guys, what do you expect? Cattle learn traffic rules, walk on the side of the road and make way for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Old 3rd September 2007, 21:24   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
They aren't organized at all. I tried some small `beeps' but if that moves the cow directly in front of me towards left, some other cow also moves and takes her place. Finally we started enjoying being hopelessly surrounded by them, and the most excited guy was my two-year old kid in the whole affair!

Kousik
I also find it amusing and as excited as your little kid. A cow moves and another cow takes the first cow's place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Could it due to small brain size of these cattle and those riders/drivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey guys, what do you expect? Cattle learn traffic rules, walk on the side of the road and make way for you?
brain size of these cattle and riders/drivers similar???!!! HAhahaha.. Cattle learning traffic rules and walk on the pedestrian side?? This is such an hilarious thread. I'm rating it for best humor!

cya
A

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks