Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is the introduction of the Electronic Toll Collection a useful idea?
Yes, sounds like a very promising idea. 34 82.93%
No, it will only add to other problems and complexities. 4 9.76%
Maybe, but better ideas can be implemented. (Please post your ideas in this thread) 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Electronic Toll Collection in Mumbai

Renewed my monthly toll pass for the month of May 2016 for the Eastern Express highway (Mulund) only through the online option provided by MEP Infrastructure. Paid by credit card, convenience fee of Rs 12 was charged over and above the monthly toll charges of Rs 1165/-. Payment process was smooth and received an SMS confirming the payment of charges and renewal of the toll.

All in all a satisfactory experience.
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Renewed my monthly toll pass for the month of May 2016 for the Eastern Express highway (Mulund) only through the online option provided by MEP Infrastructure.
Great Girish!!

I still preferred the old card type system as the Fast Tag/ETC due to the long queues.It is somehow chaotic in most cases considering that only one dedicated line has been allocated for ETC.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Great Girish!!

I still preferred the old card type system as the Fast Tag/ETC due to the long queues.It is somehow chaotic in most cases considering that only one dedicated line has been allocated for ETC.
I have both -the card as well as the RFID tag. I look opportunistically to choose the lanes, if the ETC tag lane is crowded, I use the card lane and vice versa.

My only grouse is 50% of the time, the RFID tags do not work or rather vehicles do not allow them to work. I have seen vehicles rushing toward the barrier in the ETC lane not giving enough time for the camera to scan the RFID tag and then others follow too confusing the RFID tag reader. This forces the operators to manually scan the tags which takes lot of time.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 08:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if any one saw this new article in TOI.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/53360687.cms

The state government is planning of waiving off the toll for the cars.

Quote:
LMVs are to be exempt from payment of toll at the five entry points of Mumbai. The five entry points are Eastern Express Highway, LBS road, Airoli, Vashi and Dahisar
This has been an year old story when the government in its drive to fulfill its poll promise of making the state toll free abolished the tolls on the roads operated by MSRDC and PWD. But then had a to pay a heavy price for compensating the toll operator. Even in the present announcement, the price is going to be steep, to be precisely in the tune of Rs 2500 cr. This is coming at a time when the Maharashtra state has the highest debt in the country.

This is a good news of the commuters who otherwise used to tear their hairs in frustration when passing through the tolls. Hopefully the additional modifications done to the lanes would also be removed which is another major bottle neck in the name of decongesting.
Old 5th October 2016, 08:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Although the ETC recharge option via online has been a great boon for the regular monthly toll payers like me, whats frustrating is the rewards of doing so is not that great. The ETC tag lane on the Mulund toll in the mornings and evening is only one lane and there is a huge backlog which happens invariably every day. Either some vehicle which is non ETC tagged has entered in the lane or someone with an expired tag. This delays the traffic movement and make the online recharge of the tag a total waste. By that standards the one's paying money in cash are far more lucky to keep moving due to availability of 7-8 lanes.

I have written numerous times to MEPL and MSRDC but have not even got a response. Is there any other means of escalating this daily issue?
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:56   #21
BHPian

Where can I get the card? how is it recharged?

Last edited by nikhil_d1106 : 3rd August 2017 at 14:58.
Old 14th September 2018, 12:57   #22
BHPian

Couldn't find this being ranted about anywhere else

Got hold of an ETC tag from MEP from the RGSL, but was happily told that this wouldn't work for any of the entry/exit points for Mumbai. The MEP website sports a link to link your existing tag to other toll booths, but to no avail. Spits out an error or tells you that it is already linked to the booths at RGSL.

Ruddy frustrating. Is the expectation that one use multiple tags across multiple points of entry? Anyway, for Vashi, Mulund and Dahisar, the ETC lanes are choked with people trying to pay with cash.
Old 4th January 2019, 11:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have both -the card as well as the RFID tag. I look opportunistically to choose the lanes, if the ETC tag lane is crowded, I use the card lane and vice versa.
Do you have the pre-paid card with 1 year validity? Is the pre-paid card still in use or they have stopped the same at Airoli-Mulund?

Thanks.
Old 4th January 2019, 14:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Do you have the pre-paid card with 1 year validity? Is the pre-paid card still in use or they have stopped the same at Airoli-Mulund?

Thanks.
I have stopped using the card as Mulund toll doesn't approve of using it in ETC tag lanes. I suppose the card system is still existing.

But it barely matters as there is no discipline left at the Mulund toll.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 07:59   #25
BHPian

Anyone aware of the current situation at Mulund Entry point toll naka? Is Fastag allowed here?

What is the recommended option for daily to and fro traveller?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd August 2019, 08:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Anyone aware of the current situation at Mulund Entry point toll naka? Is Fastag allowed here?

What is the recommended option for daily to and fro traveller?

Thanks in advance!
Fastag is still not allowed at any MEPL tolls in Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai. MEPL issues monthly pass costing 1176/- for passing through the toll instead of daily to & fro cash payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks