Team-BHP - In case of rash driving call...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   In case of rash driving call... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/28550-case-rash-driving-call.html)

Hi all,

I was sitting in the back of my office cab one day & saw the sticker which said,"In case of rash driving, call...blah blah blah"

I have seen this umpteen times like others

I would like to know if anyone of us have really picked up the phone & dialed the number to report rash driving ??

Please share your experiences here.

To start off with, i have never called them.

This is just show off thing, If we call the numbers specified it goes to either manager of the company which has hired that cab or goes to casb owner's office. In any case its of no use in most of the cases.

I feel this is suggested by Bangalore police so every cab has to put this sticker in bangalore after couple of years back cabs started creating lot of problems in traffic.

Regards,

Ravi.

I have seen these in delhi as well.

i have seen these in chennai usually with one number removed :)

Its a more serious thing here in the US. If a driver gets noticed for his rash driving & someone complains,he's in deep trouble.
I called one such unit,about 3 months ago. A guy driving a minivan kept drving like a maniac,and was sure to cause harm/injury to other commuters,so I called the # mentioned on the back of the vehicle & complained. I'm not sure what action was taken,but I've been told that cab/rental Co. do take these complaints very seriously.

Have seen the numbers on cabs in B'lore mostly. Haven't seen any in Mysore though. Suffice to say, haven't called any of the numbers, too.

Overe here in Mumbai also cabs have this thing on the back but still they manage to drive so rashly.

nope it dosent work in India, have tried it more than once. save yourself a phonecall.

on the other hand if your in the US, call 911 report the car and location then stay on his tail and watch 'cops' live. much better than on tv i must say :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottle (Post 556845)
i have seen these in chennai usually with one number removed :)

You are absolutely right & that number always happens to be one in the middle. But you know what i did ? Sometime in 2006 Jan, i saw a Tata Sumo almost crashing into me as he had jumped the signal, i made a right turn & caught up with him in the next signal & confronted him, only to find all the well dressed, well learned & (supposedly) well mannered Indians inside supporting the rash driver. The 'educated' men inside said that they were late & the driver was trying his best to get them to office on time. So I decided to make them really late by calling the nearest cop & cajoling him into delaying these morons for at least an hour. The cop was very happy to do that for me. He tried the missing numbers on the vehicle, but could not contact anyone, so he left that job to the employees & the driver. :)

hehe i think most of chennai by now should know not to mess with ya :D but yes i guess all the 'passengers' coaxing drivers could be a cause why these call center drivers are so rash.. i guess next on list would be delivery boys on scooters

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 556898)
You are absolutely right & that number always happens to be one in the middle. But you know what i did ? Sometime in 2006 Jan, i saw a Tata Sumo almost crashing into me as he had jumped the signal, i made a right turn & caught up with him in the next signal & confronted him, only to find all the well dressed, well learned & (supposedly) well mannered Indians inside supporting the rash driver. The 'educated' men inside said that they were late & the driver was trying his best to get them to office on time. So I decided to make them really late by calling the nearest cop & cajoling him into delaying these morons for at least an hour. The cop was very happy to do that for me. He tried the missing numbers on the vehicle, but could not contact anyone, so he left that job to the employees & the driver. :)

I think we are sometimes the law breaker & sometimes abide by it.
Its all in our attitude

Yup, that happened with me somedays back. I tried to call up to complain against a speeding school bus and the guy said "Itni hi pareshani hai to gaadi mat chalaya karo road pe"

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 556898)

That makes sense, as a friend of mine working for a call centre (run by a well reputed company) told me that the nos. on the back of their cabs are for the HR department and usually its the drivers who get fined for bieng late, even though it may be the fault of the(the well dressed, well educated and having no respect for time) people inside the cab. That, however, does'nt mean that if the cab was running on time, the driver would'nt drive rashly, but it does explain the attitude of the guys in the Sumo.

;)

I tried to be a good citizen once, and called up one of these numbers which was mentioned on the rear of an Indicab. The phone was busy for like ages, and later continued unanswered.

These days, i find many of them with one number missing. Dont bother also these days.

I ve noticed these stickers behind the stepney wheel on the rear glass...they are trying to be oversmart, if someone from behind reads it, he can read upto "for any rash driving call...and then the phone number will not be visible (because the stepney wheel will cover it) !!!

we need to stop the vehicle, peek behind the stepney and then note down the number

I once called up a call center and informed the guy who answerd the call, but he said "ok saar, I will inform the driver" probably it was a waste of time.

We can proactively do one thing - stop the car, deliberately make sure that the cab reaches his office late. If the public start doing such things (without taking law into their hands) I think we can teach them a lesson.