Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 14:17   #1
BHPian

Swift Damaged by Parking Staff at Nehru place.

Dear All ,

I needed to get my laptop repaired so went to Nehru place Delhi .

Incidentally the laptop was not faulty just had a small problem with the software . came back in about 1 hr and took the car . The car had hand breaks + gyear lock on . I started the car and went back to office . i did not notice any thing wrong.

When i parked my car saw three serious scratches on the left hand side of the car . one is small one . other two are around 3 inches on the fuel cap and on the wheel fender.

I just don’t know what to do , Is it possible to get the fuel cap replace . or will I be needed to repaint the left side of th car.
Old 11th September 2007, 14:43   #2
BHPian

try the rubbing which the car mechanics have. it faints the scratches to minimal though thinning the paint in that area.. at least the scratch is gone...
Repaint would not give a finish and difference can be made out moreover for a small portion dont know if its worthy to paint
Old 11th September 2007, 16:37   #3
BHPian

Thanks Rishi for the information . ... I will also try and post the pics of the damage ....

I was woundering weather i could have done any thing at the parking lot ( if i was able detect the damage over there )
Old 11th September 2007, 18:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Kool_kid - Nothing much can be done in India even if someone bangs you and he doesn't own it up. So just be cool and get the same fixed (Touch up paint, polishing/rubbing etc.). Put this all under contingency costs (About 1-2% of total car value per year) and just forget brooding/worrying about it. There are lot to worry in life then these minor hiccups. Here I am getting philosophical. Pardon me if this seems unpalatable.
Old 12th September 2007, 19:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Theres one Car Scratch remover available at HP petrol pumps, retailing for app Rs. 70 or so, use that and the scratches would vanish.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:44   #6
BHPian

If the paint has come off this wont work I guess!
Old 1st October 2007, 20:07   #7
BHPian

The scratch on fuel cap could be because of somebody might have tried to pry the fuel lid for siphoning fuel from the tank. This is a common practice at parking lots. They usually use a screw driver or a similar tool to force open the fuel tank cap and then drain a couple of litres from the tank.

Suggest you pay attention to your cars mileage this time. It may take a sudden dip. If so then you know what might have happened.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I just don’t know what to do , Is it possible to get the fuel cap replace . or will I be needed to repaint the left side of th car.
Yes,u can get the fuel cap replaced but if the scratch is around the fuel cap then u'll have to get the whole quarter panel re painted.
Old 1st October 2007, 21:03   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Theres one Car Scratch remover available at HP petrol pumps, retailing for app Rs. 70 or so, use that and the scratches would vanish.
How good are these scratch removers? Any experiences?
Old 1st October 2007, 22:29   #10
BHPian

Did this happen at the multi level parking at Eros towers or the jugaadu MCD types?
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
How good are these scratch removers? Any experiences?
As far as I know the scratch guards dont work if the paint has come off. The kind of scratches the scratch guards work on are like those created by a key on the body of a car (soft edges and not deep scratches). I have personally tried the scratch removers and can safely vouch for the fact that they would not work if the paint is ripped open. If they start making scratch guards which work on such jobs then the poor painters are going to be out of money!!
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:55   #12
BHPian

@ms_rana,
Even I have observed that atleast in maruti cars the fuel lock mechanism is very week and it can be forced open easily.
Are there any fuel locks available that can prevent such prifilage?...something on the lines of fuel locks that we get for bikes?

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks