Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 09:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yikes -this seems terrible. Chennai had some bad rains two years ago that did cause for a lot of offices to shut down for two days. If i remember correctly, bangalore also got flodded that time. Was just talking to a friend of mine who said that she left E-city at 7 to reach home (at diamond district) only at 1230... i was like.. wow!
Is it the traffic? or is it the water logging that stops traffic?
Old 14th September 2007, 10:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Is it the traffic? or is it the water logging that stops traffic?
Its both !! Sheer lack of traffic sense and poor infrastructure. Damn they have made storm water drains on Hosur road and a human with his brains in the right place wouldn't have built it like that.

My point here is that , no matter what area's around Gold Hill Square,HTMT and Wipro are gonna be inundated.

Its pretty funny if you look at the way the drains have been constructed.
No way on earth would the rainwater flow towards the drains in HSR or elsewhere.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:29   #18
BHPian

The rain reminds me of the horrific experince I had on 25th oct 2005 when I was stuck for 5 hrs in the jam. It took me 5.5hrs to cover 16 kms( Arekere to Airport).

Last edited by greatDrive : 14th September 2007 at 10:38.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

This morning I started from home at 7 am. A bit late, my usual timing is ay 6-45 am. I stay about 26 km from Infosys and took just 25 min to cover the first 14 km and at 7-25 am I landed down Jayadeva flyover into a jam.

For next 20 min I was moving slowly in a crawling traffic and hit the silk board junction. The right turn on Hossur road was blocked and we were being directed towards HSR. All Hossur road traffic was being diverted through HSR and the roads from HSR towards Hossur road was jam packed. I have spent next 60 min in HSR layout trying to find my way through the traffic. Finally had to come back to silk board junction and take the same Hossur road and now the traffic was being allowed on Hossur road and it was moving slowly. I reached office about 45 min back.

Moral of the story – Early birds do not get Worms. They get flooded wormholes.[COLOR=#1F497D][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 14th September 2007, 10:39   #20
BHPian

Two days, been lucky and unlucky. Sigh. Left office at 6:00 pm yesterday and reached home all dry n safe by about 6:40 pm. Today, It wasn't raining when I started. But as soon as I hit the Indiranagar 80 ft road, it started pouring and I got all drenched by the time I reached my office in C V Raman Nagar. Phew! tough days ahead I guess.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

lol am getting a monster truck contraption for snow white, the ones with huge tyres

yday night after the beer, the usual hot spots were flooded to glory, somehow managed to wade and get home during the downpour break.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:56   #22
BHPian

water. water!

Yesterday i left early adn reached home ni 1 hr (normal time). Everything was fine. I had a peaceful night listening to the rain outside. Today, when i got into the car saw the damage - 1 inch of water inside the car....

The car is parked in an incline, so the left side is lower and the right is at an higher altitude! So, it seems like the roads got flooded at night and water entered at night through the door (or may be there are some vents below the car?). Mine is an Indica. Whats the best way to get the water out? .
Old 14th September 2007, 11:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleague still hasnt reached office this morning , he stays in EC and comes to Koramangala, called him to find out and he is still stuck in the traffic, its 11:22 AM now, he usually reaches office by 9:00 AM.

Vid, it before audi showroom going towards EC or coming from EC ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nitin, it's teh junction before the Audi showroom. It's called hosa road and teh new central jail is on that road. Also there is the Bosch Nagnathpura plant on that road. Just continue on that road and you reach Sarjapur road.

Last edited by dadu : 14th September 2007 at 11:25.
Old 14th September 2007, 11:30   #24
BHPian

How would Bannerghatt Road be left out of this mess. Yesterday night, traffic came to halt at around 9:00 PM. I had gone to Shoppers stop with my wife, saw the huge traffic jam on B'ghatta road so took the back lanes of NS Palya to bypass the ORR and B'ghatta rd junction. Had to wade through 1.5 feet of water in lower gear and higher rpms all the way through until I came back on B'ghatta road in front of Mantri Elite, there was a huge pile up as usual the drain on this road after the petrol bunk had overflown and almost 2 feet water was on B'ghatta road. Was stuck in this place for 1 hr and was lucky to make a U turn and goto my place through Ramaih city.
Old 14th September 2007, 11:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

WOW what a experience Vid! and a long drive back home....

Lucky that yesterday i left early for home, heard from people that roads connecting from EGL campus to wind tunnel road was flooded.

Seems like almost all the roads were flooded.

Just one heavy rain and so much of flooding, wonder if it rains heavy for few days what might happen (like it rains in coast...)

Ride/Drive safe!
Old 14th September 2007, 12:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

Vid, it before audi showroom going towards EC or coming from EC ???

It's the junction before the audi showroom going towards E-city. Basically teh left Singasandra going towards E-city.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
(or may be there are some vents below the car?). Mine is an Indica. Whats the best way to get the water out? .
you have answer to your query. the water inside the car will drain out through the holes. but try to remove / dry the carpets because the wet ones smell like sh*t if left like that.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:21   #28
BHPian

Left office at 10.30 and reached home at 12. usual driving time is 25 mins. Airport road was jammed, on top of all the confusion people will just deadlock the cars. nobody can move, what senseless driving.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:18   #29
BHPian

I drive from Hebbal to ECity and didnt use my brain today morning.
Saw the water and traffice pileup near Silkboard junction and was stupid enough to cross the water and am at office now.

I am already thinking of what am i gonna do to get back home!!! Stupid me, I should have gone back home when I had the opportunity.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:29   #30
BHPian

In an automatic you stick it into "L" Low which basically keeps you in 1st & second. This way you keep you revs up during crossings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks