Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 15:17   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Although its only a minor thing, but still gives a picture of how much respect people have for traffic rules.
Whenever I see poeple not practicing the basic road sense I feel sad, where are we as nation heading to?

I do observe poeple driving their car/bike hapazardly or in wrong direction even when it is not necessary makes me think a lot. I guess me having a driver and focusing on some work during the commute to work/home is nearing day by day...
Old 18th September 2007, 15:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Bangy suffering the pangs of growth?

Unfortunately Pune is not far behind with the burgeoning campuses at Hinjewadi, Kharadi, Magarpatta, Chakan, ... Where do we go next? Nagpur, Hubli, Satara, Mysore, Kolhapur?

Ram
Good thing about Pune is that the suburbs are already spread out, thanks to the numerous cantonments/army/air force owned lands. But every city has its share of stupid city planners.. I am sure they will find a way to screw things up. Hopefully, it will be livable place till I leave in about a year's time

Some times, I feel happy that my home town (M version of Bangalooru ) hasn't ended up in the list of so called Tier II cities !! It has enough problems already !!
Old 18th September 2007, 23:58   #78
BHPian

Cess ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Highest road tax in the country with the worst roads and highest fuel prices too.
you forgot other taxes.
hold on, cess is proposed too. enjoy...
Old 27th November 2012, 00:24   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore flooded.

Reiviving an old thread... cut to 2012 and we dont have any rains and all the water seems to have dried up... If it were to me, i would take heavy rains any day compared to no rains, but that is just me.

The Metro is operational, but its reach is so limited that its as good as not operational. Tin factory sees a traffic jam at 5am and mid night too, BAnnerghatta road still gets flooded IF it rains. Airport road and IRR (where i work) also get flooded with whatever little rain we have had this year.

If we were hoping for better days in 2007, it sure is a wait that continue.. SIC
dass is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 06:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

The flooding is purely thanks to bad construction and planning. All the drains are built over, new localities have no drainage and all the lakes are being encroached.

Unless something is done about this, we are headed for floods when it rains and lots of dry spells in between.

I too would pick more rain rather than less rain. I guess part of that comes from having a coffee estate and understanding that no water is very destructive indeed, maybe even more so than excess water.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 23:53   #81
BHPian

^^ And am thinking only Hyderabad is like this. Sad to know that every other city is mirroring one another. Yup, it is big vicious circle, doesn't matter whether we are inside or outside it.
Old 13th October 2017, 10:05   #82
BHPian

Hi guys

I am planning to be driving into Bangalore around 2 pm tomorrow. Comming from Cochin, and need to go straight to the Bangalore Airport. Can you please suggest the best route through Bangalore, given this flooding fiasco?
Old 13th October 2017, 10:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hi guys

I am planning to be driving into Bangalore around 2 pm tomorrow. Comming from Cochin, and need to go straight to the Bangalore Airport. Can you please suggest the best route through Bangalore, given this flooding fiasco?
Right now, the most assured road would be NICE road. I assume you will be driving in from Hosur side. Take NICE road at Electronic City, and then join National Highway to reach Yeshwantpur, from where you can turn towards outer ring road, and onto the highway.

PS: I have not heard of flooding in the main roads, yes, traffic could potentially be horrible.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 10:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hi guys

Take right after Attibele toll, follow the road to sarjapur and then turn right, go through sarjapur and then follow NH207 (648 on gmaps) till you hit devanahalli village. Then turn left on the Blore-Hyderabad highway. You will avoid bangalore traffic completely.

The other option is to follow NH207 (648) from Hosur itself instead of coming till Attibele toll.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 13th October 2017 at 10:14.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 10:16   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
The flooding is purely thanks to bad construction and planning.

Unless something is done about this, we are headed for floods when it rains and lots of dry spells in between.

I too would pick more rain rather than less rain.
When there can be a family planning of 2 children in this country, why can't we have a similar restriction for town planning. Build new cities or spread out new business through out the country. India's growth should not be restricted to only few states which is already over-crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Take right after Attibele toll, follow the road to sarjapur and then turn right, go through sarjapur and then follow NH207 (648 on gmaps) till you hit devanahalli village.
Considering the rain forecast for next 4 days, this is the safe option. At least one can move rather than waiting inside a flooded city.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th October 2017 at 11:50.

Most Viewed