Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 20:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Why didn't the owner stop his driver from making that U turn? Or he could have atleast asked him to be careful.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:48   #17
BHPian

What ever the reason, beating your own driver is not justified. This is most unreasonable thing one could do especially for a older person.

As for the ladies, they need some space around them when driving. OK, OK, I am a bit euphemistic here, but in our own interest its better to steer away.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Since the issue of bad women drivers has already been raised, I'll take the liberty to add my 2 cents.

I have seen quite a few women who can drive well, really well. My ex used to drive well too, but I could never ever trust her with my car . All said and done, I am of the opinion that if you see a lady driver, keep away. You never know when she brakes when she sees a cosmetic store. And when I see a slot for just one car infront of me in roadside parking, I pray not to have a lady driver squeezing in. In fact, I am of the opinion that all lady driven cars should mandatorily have a "L" board .

Anyway, this thread should not dilute into talking about bad women drivers, so I stop here.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:24   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn!
Out here all our drivers are 50+ and i would never think about even laying a finger on them even if they banged the car.
Infact i would always support them.
There is a level of respect you should give your elders even if they may not be as financially well off.
I remember in mumbai on SV road Santacruz, an Ikon hit a scooter driven by a man in his late 40s, early 50s and the 4 people in the Ikon (20 yrs?) came out and started manhandling the man.
Hopefully one day when the owner of the indica is driving and meets with an accident, another younger driver of the other car will slap him in public.
Old 17th September 2007, 14:58   #20
BHPian

hey, how come I have never gotten this side benefit of being a lady driver?

Its a crazy situation. Though the old driver was at fault, it is totally wrong for the owner to be beating up his driver. Drivers need to be corrected and trained. Problems occur when they are not corrected & trained in the first place. I would have understood (not entirely, but huh) if he was being beaten for making a wrong U turn; not for ending up banging his car against a lady's.

The other day i was dropping off my mom @ Vydehi hospital. now those who have been there will know that they have these driveways where one enters from the left and exits from the right - which is the right way to go.

I drove up from the left and just as I stopped, one Zen (driver driven) came from the front (i.e., the wrong side) and stopped there and one lady got off from the back seat. I asked the lady whether she had left her brains at home; she asked me to mind my manners and i retorted that if she used her brains I wouldnt have to mind my manners. The driver then 'reversed' all the way out and I followed him out and left.

I find always that we dont want to correct our drivers but are very willing to fight with other car owners in order to defend our driver's wrong actions. That is very much a bangalore problem, I feel. Everyone is in such a hurry to reach somewhere (& has been stuck in some traffic jam) that they are actually grateful to their drivers to get them there even at the cost of traffic rules and good manners.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Even though, I don't blame her for that, I really didn't like the way she was sitting in the car and watching this like it was giving her a high or something. The least she could do was to go and intervene and save the old man some beating.
Considering the situation, its more likely that she was staying inside her car, out of fear/apprehension of just hitting another car, and then seeing a guy getting roughed up. I wouldn't really expect her to get out of her car and interfere in a hand fight. What if that 25-yr old turned around and slapped her in a fit of anger.

I guess, most women would take the cautious route and stay inside their car fearing an adverse reaction from the crowd.
Old 17th September 2007, 17:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Are you sure?

Quote:
The driver then 'reversed' all the way out and I followed him out and left.
(20 characters)
Old 18th September 2007, 12:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure? Try rear-ending some car or getting rear-ended, you shall reap the benefits of being a lady driver. Here in the North quite often when such a situation as this occurs so many "bhaiyas" of the distressed 'behen" crop up like cockroaches from all side and are ready to take her side and help even if she is at a fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Old 19th September 2007, 01:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Spot a lady driver you like. Stay ahead of her. At an opportune moment spot an erring mongrel. Brake hard, let her rear-end you. Be polite, sympathize with the lady and her new found "bhaiyya's". Exchange phone numbers (Just in case insurance creates problem). Later follow-up.

But make sure your car is an old Fiat!
Old 19th September 2007, 04:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Are you sure?

(20 characters)
She mentioned in her post that the other driver was at fault for driving in the wrong direction.
Old 19th September 2007, 05:35   #26
Team-BHP Support

Actually mostly I have seen "Smaller vehicle sympathy" more than lady sympathy.
The guy in the smaller vehicle is never at fault.
In this case more than lady sympathy it was the owners anguish at having his car damaged. Even if a Polar bear had been driving the other car with a blindfold on, the driver would have been thrashed.
Old 19th September 2007, 08:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Spot a lady driver you like. Stay ahead of her. At an opportune moment spot an erring mongrel. Brake hard, let her rear-end you. Be polite, sympathize with the lady and her new found "bhaiyya's". Exchange phone numbers (Just in case insurance creates problem). Later follow-up.

But make sure your car is an old Fiat!
Old 29th November 2007, 23:58   #28
BHPian

well about 2 months ago, i was driving my Corrolla to college as usual, I drive to Nerul everyday [Navi Mumbai] and well at the Vashi toll booth, a blue Scopio, lady driver, male passenger, well her car's front wheels are on a speed braker, my car is about a foot behind her's, her car rolls back and hits my car...my car rocks upon impact...the woman looks back and smiles at me!!!

I was ready to get out and give her the friggin screaming of her life, and well get compensated for any damages [I'm a huge believer in gender equality and i figure if women want to prove that they're equal, well then they should expect to be treated as such!!]
Well my driver who always sits next to me while i drive immediately begs me not to get out and confront the woman. he tells me that the public would beat me up for screaming at the woman, well cuz he pleaded hard i let it slide

Thank god it was only my license plate that broke replaced it with a cheap one which cost Rs 170 [the one that broke cost much more than this!!!]

Why the h*** are women pardoned for such things??? if it were a man in the drivers' seat i'm sure my driver would've not stopped me! and well i've never confronted the "public" before, but can't understand why they would get involved if i were to scream at a woman who just hit my car?!?

I don't hate woman drivers but i hate it when they get away with things like this!!!!!!! where's the equality????
Old 30th November 2007, 01:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
my car is about a foot behind her's, her car rolls back and hits my car...
She had the courtesy to smile at you even though you were too close to her car. I don't think that she was at fault.

1 foot is too small a distance to maintain while driving.
Old 30th November 2007, 01:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Well these are some of the unwritten rules of India
Accident between pedestrian and two wheeler - two wheeler's fault
" " two wheelers and four wheeler - four wheeler's fault
" " four wheeler and six wheeler - six wheeler's fault.
" " Male and female driver - Male driver's fault.
Add "Auto and female driver - Female driver's fault."

I heard of one lady who got into an argument with an auto driver, when the auto driver side swiped her car. Some auto guys joined in and it got heated.. for some reason.. two auto drivers picked up a big stone and plonked it on her front windshield. She was speechless and was told by others to get leave it and drive away. (yes this was in bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Ridiculous beating up your on driver. Moral of the story... Lets all get ourselves lady drivers
Not at all Ridiculous. We are in india, if you hit anything living and if the victim is anything but a fully grown man you will get beaten up.

Hit a child who is left unsupervised on the road. You will get beaten up
Hit livestock which roam freely/dart in front of you on a NHs. You will get beaten up
Hit a woman - You will get beaten up.

Accept it and drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks