Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 04:13   #31
BHPian

The sad point of all this is that the rules of the road clearly state that if you hit a car in front, whatever the circumstances, its your fault. They are designed to ensure that people keep their distance. That someone can come on car forum and complain about that AND feel vindicated says rather too much about Indian driving skills. I sympathise with you mate but unfortunately your wrong
Old 30th November 2007, 08:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

IF this was to happen, i would have supported the driver, of the car i am in. it doesnt matter if it our or their fault, i would always be on the side of the car that i am in. (i.e in case of a fight)
Old 30th November 2007, 09:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

I had seen once a lady driver ram her Corolla into a Water Tanker which was stationary at the Begumpet signal and he got out and was scorning the Water Tanker driver,because her car was totally damaged in the front..i can still never forget that scene..Thats Lady drivers.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:23   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Not commenting on the incident here but here is a general sweeping statement made from my heart.

Ladies are wonderful, beautiful, soft and complicated human beings. And they deserve to be treated better than men.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th November 2007 at 10:24.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:57   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Not commenting on the incident here but here is a general sweeping statement made from my heart.

Ladies are wonderful, beautiful, soft and complicated human beings. And they deserve to be treated better than men.
No wonder you are so popular with ladies
Old 30th November 2007, 12:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sam's secret is out

First off, I'm against generalization of any type. For example, all lady drivers are bad and all blondes are dumb! But somehow, even females don't trust female drivers. I've heard several of my lady friends berate their fairer sex driver counterparts. It's strange, but that's the way it is.

I've seen a few incidents of lady drivers committing some howlers, like driving up the wrong side of the road, hogging an entire road whilst driving less than 30 kph, turning suddenly without warning etc etc. And the amazing thing is, they are mostly nonchalant about it.

On the other hand, female drivers are the subject of persecution, at least on Kolkata roads. For some strange reason, I have seen male drivers take sadistic pleasure at running a girl off the road, overtaking her, blocking her, taunting her etc. Sexual harassment at its best. So let's also keep in mind that female drivers are under constant pressure and stress on Indian roads.

Regarding the incident that Raghu reported, I am repulsed by the owner's high handedness and appalling behaviour. Even if one is pi$$ed at his driver, there is no need to humiliate him in public. Give him a earful in private, sack him, whatever. But don't rob him of his dignity.
Old 30th November 2007, 12:51   #37
BHPian

The driver-basher should be booked under criminal assault, no less. As an employer, you have to right to advice, warn, and terminate the employment. But not to abuse, either verbally or physically.

About lady drivers, the less said the better. In my experience, the lady pax seat drivers themselves are scary, let alone the one in the driver seat. "Why can't you take this lane? Why don't you turn/park here? Why did you stop/yield? Why don't you barge in? Blow the horn (every 30 seconds, no less)" I heard it all.

And the sense of entitlement!! EVERY lady driver I know (incl relatives, colleagues and friends) have that. "I can do anything and get away because I am a lady" attitude is rampant.
Old 30th November 2007, 12:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:

It is because they're so complicated that we men falter and come up with very kind sweeping judgments about women! lol...

Beautiful, soft, complicated, I agree. Different beings need to be treated differently, but they leave me wondering as to what exactly they 'deserve'.
Old 30th November 2007, 12:57   #39
BHPian

Finally, idiots need to be treated like idiots - female or otherwise. Stupidity has no gender, does it? May I say it has an affinity towards the fairer sex because they're so wonderful?

Just another generalisation, like a few that have come before.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

What i feel is that a person should support the people in the car he is travelling.....once out of carelessness i hit a sumo....it was like i kissed it from the rear...it was a jam and due to a small lag in concentration i misstimed my braking and the sumo helped me to stop!!
Well I know less number of people here to support me....But the sumo driver was kind and jus looked out from his vehicle but these two buggers he was travelling with get down to inspect the damages.. there was none as i was in a bolero....
Minor damage as in the sticker on the number plate got a scratch and no damage to the sumos rear footboard.
Now the fun part is I tell the driver sorry from his rear and these two passengers were writing down my number which pissed me off..also the people on the road wanted it to become an issue and so were the autodrivers but me and the sumo driver were not in a mood for one as the damage was minimal if not none...so we just moved on... The fun part is i overtook the sumo and stopped him and apologised to him for my mistake and also told his passengers in polite terms that nothing happened and you didnt have to take my number down. The fun part was my brother was like anna keep quiet why do yu wanna talk like that to which i blew my top and just blasted him telling he is travelling in my vehicle and should simply help me out rather than help the sumo passengers or the best thing out there is to get out of my car and travel with them.

Well nothing happened but thanks to my luck that the sumo guy was understanding.
About my brother...well he was learning to deal with traffic in bangalore and learnt a lesson or two.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:19   #41
BHPian

But what it is this business of supporting someone and not the other? If I'm in the wrong, I better own it up. It's because we love to defend ourselves regardless of how grave the mistake is that road incidents are so loathsome.

Most often, the other party is unwilling to admit his mistake. You can't do much about that apart from employing your own personal ways. But when you've erred, you ought to own up.

I commend the way you responded to the situation. It makes life so much more pleasant.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

All the men that think women are bad drivers should drive them around instead.
Come my beautiful lady, this is not a job fit for you. Let me drive for you. Or let me hire another person of my gender and pay him 5000 rupees a month to drive you around instead.

Driving is logical and mechanical. Women have greater things on their mind.

Like controlling the world. Controlling the men that control the world. Giving birth to men that control the world. Allowing men to believe that they are in charge and sitting back with a knowing smile. Watching nations rise and fall for them.

Every man here that can pass a woman off for a fool has behaved like a fool at some point in his life to impress a woman, so that she will give him what he hopes to get from her.

Do not take me seriously my brothers, you know, I merely speak light heartedly. Just to rile you, stir up the pot a little and run away laughing.
My idle banter has no relevance to the incident that occurred in the first post.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th November 2007 at 13:28.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:31   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Driving is logical and mechanical. Women have greater things on their mind.

Like controlling the world. Controlling the men that control the world. Giving birth to men that control the world. Allowing men to believe that they are in charge and sitting back with a knowing smile. Watching nations rise and fall for them....stir up the pot a little and run away laughing.
Ok now we vote if Sam is ready for a sex change. :-)

I am not letting the Yeti near my wife. He'll put all the wrong notions in her head. :-)

On a serious note, There is no excuse for physical violence. Lady driver or not.

Last edited by navin : 30th November 2007 at 13:32.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:36   #44
BHPian

Here in Delhi also, a lady driver in Baleno, rammed my car (I was standing on the traffic signal). Mine got few scratches on the rear bumper and her car was blind (headlights gone), bumper was off, Grill Gone, Radiator tilted towards inside, Hood = became a picnic camp tent.
I was surprised to see as i thought she must had blasted off my boot.

She was after me like anything. Why is my fault in it? She asked me to pay. lol i was standing and she is telling its my fault haha can you believe this?

Me and my friend was laughing to see, if she is asking for money. I told her that you cant even afford to spend 2k bucks on the car? she got angry and started abusing me.

I was like $#@%%$#@ damn and kicked her car and went off.
Old 1st December 2007, 00:12   #45
BHPian

Sam, all i can say to that is lella lombardi or more importantly michelle mouton

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks