Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats sad to hear. A chauffer driving and the owner giving a 325i to him, beats me why not a 320d if its chauffered around, might not be the drivers fault but why give the best drivers car in the country to a chauffer?
it is sad enough that the owner got the jolt of his life with the damage to what looks like a brand new beemer 325i. seeing the curtain airbags and the crash bars holding BMW has done a good job safety wise. insurance would cover up the damages.
BUSA it is only a 325i brother people give their chauffers ROLLS ROYCES to drive. generally due to traffic in the day and with difficulty in finding parking you do have chauffers driveing and in the night the car is self driven. you dont get to enjoy the car in the day.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:43   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

This is sad....but again, as everyone before me has already mentioned, it's remarkable how well the BMW has taken the impact.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sad but accidents do happen. Parking and gas fillups are best left to chauffeurs.

Anyway once in Kolkata, on the EM byepass, I had overtaken a state bus and a few hundred feet from that point a signal was green. By the time I reached to about 100 feet the signal turned red and I started decelerating and stopped behind the stop line. This is when I noticed the bus I had overtaken was coming in at breakneck speed and trying to avoid hitting my Fiat from behind. I rolled the car forward and out of way and the bus made thru the intersection on a red light. The cop on duty caught me for having violated the stop line. But he did not know what he was getting into.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

damn!!! thats really sad.
One nice looking car that's taken the fury of our lovely buses.
Old 18th September 2007, 05:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

First - did the BMW get into the bus's path. May be we are getting too biased to the BMW.

Car stood up well from a safety perspective but am not sure whether the body shell is distorted underneath
Old 18th September 2007, 15:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

thats a very sad sight to see , from any perspective . But from the looks its seems to have ensured the safety of its occupants now thats wonderful !
Old 18th September 2007, 20:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Bad to see the car damaged so. But how fast was the bus really going? And yeah, why is it always the bus driver's fault? I sure don't like those guys, but cut them some slack as well.
Old 18th September 2007, 21:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Bad to see the car damaged so. But how fast was the bus really going? And yeah, why is it always the bus driver's fault? I sure don't like those guys, but cut them some slack as well.
Agreed no one knows what actually happened, but from personal experience i can tell you that most probably the bus jumped the signal which happens like 110 out of 100 times here. I have personally witnessed a gruesome accident near my house when a bus jumped the signal after 5 seconds of it turning red & hitting a car sideways just like the above accident, only here 4 people lost their lives because they weren't driving in a BMW or a Merc. So, I am pretty confident it was the bus driver who was out of turn in this incident. Not many car drivers, especially responsible ones as would have been this BMW driver, would take such unnecessary risks with their vehicles.
Old 19th September 2007, 01:04   #24
BHPian

Its sad indeed. But looking at the pics, it seems as if only the bodys damaged and theres no damage to the chassis whatsoever. It was that tough BMW there..imagine a Maruti or something, god only knows what would had happened.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Very sad indeed. Are those curtain air bags?
Those are indeed seat-mounted front side-impact airbags. Those are not the only safety features in a BMW. They also have...

* Front and rear Head Protection System
* Automatic safety belt pretensioners
* Interlocking door anchoring system to protect against door intrusion in side impacts
* Crash sensor that automatically turns on hazard lights and interior lights and unlocks the doors.

One of these days, Maruti will have 'em too! May be in a decade!! It's not that Maruti can't put these in their cars. But, who will be willing to pay 8 lakhs for an Alto!!!
Old 8th October 2007, 17:44   #26
BHPian

sad to see the victim happened to be a BMW,,but on the brighter side , it has lived to the name of being a safe car to be cocooned in...
Old 9th October 2007, 17:13   #27
BHPian

Ouch!! Poor 325i.. I wonder if it was a manual or auto tranny. If it was auto tranny why would the owner want to give it to a driver? If it was manual, I'd have excused the owner for that. But not if its an auto tranny.

Besides, I'm impressed by the impact it has taken and the sensivity of the sensors to activate the airbags.. Very safe for the passengers indeed!

cya
A
Old 9th October 2007, 20:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
.. why would the owner want to give it to a driver?
Different people buy cars for different reasons. For most its VFM, for some its performance and for few its a status icon. Any which way, its totally upto the owner to drive (or have it driven) the way he/she wants it. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 14th October 2007, 16:55   #29
BHPian

ouch thats gotta hurt.
now if the owner had bought a 330i the car would have passed the junction few secs before and the bus would have missed it...

just kidding guys
*gets into flamesuit*
Old 14th October 2007, 19:11   #30
BHPian

Now don't flame me but I am glad that the occupants are safe...its a piece of metal after all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks