Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2007, 17:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

A stitch in time...

Black pulsar-a sure sign of demon

Coimbatore city limits--mettupalayam road.

Ikon 1.8D, self driving, window down as it was about cool outside.

Am seeing a black pulsar on my lane (its a 2 lane road), trying to overtake a bus, but not yet decided whether to pull to his lane or to overtake.

I slowed down, as there was no gap either in left (for me) or right (for him to overtake).

Gap getting closer, pulsar shows signs of docking to his lane.

I press the gas pedal in relief, only to find that pulsar suddenly doing an ‘S’ turns.

There was a 'sound'. I felt a sudden uneasiness in my body.

I find the side-view mirror 'absent'.

I pulled to left, to examine the damage.

I was happy, as there was no other damage.

My co-driver shouted at me-he rushed with his kerchief.

I looked down my T-shirt-it was getting wet with that precious body fluid.
Was rushed to the nearby hospital-senthil clinic-injury treated-i expressed apprehensions about glass pieces-they took care-then 2 stitches done.

There were tears in my eyes-no, not out of pain, but the anguish over that black pulsar.

Then, surprisingly, I found the Doctor was a P, Y lady. Regretted why i closed my eyes when the stitching was done.

While ambling to the car, felt dizzy. Partly out of the 'wet' shirt and partly due to the local anaesthetic.

Co-driver took the steering. I was experiencing both revolution and rotation, yet managed to change the clothing-it was a very wise thing to do. Otherwise you may create a TV serial at home. I found small glass pieces all over my neck and shoulders too. And believe me, there was not a significant piece of the mirror in the car..

A few words:

A/C in a car has nothing to do only with the climate. You can escape from minor accidents like this (or even worse-imagine if the piece had hit my eye), pollution, infection etc.
Have all your window glasses laminated-for extra security.
Don’t expect rationality and logic to prevail in Indian roads.

And finally, can anyone give some instructions how to manage with these black pulsars dancing on the roads??
Old 21st September 2007, 20:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
And finally, can anyone give some instructions how to manage with these black pulsars dancing on the roads??
Yes.
It's called 'defensive driving', in polite language. It involves a level of self-control that many are unable to muster. The blame-game certainly does not help.
I've 'saved' my skin and 'precious body fluid' many times! As also for those that were with me (all near and dear) in the car.
Old 22nd September 2007, 10:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

How about giving a little 'side' to these demons? In North here it is called 'side maarna' or 'kone mein dabaa dena'..

Try this it always works. I do, especially to those who try to squeeze in between two cars at a signal or a jam and in the process either damage your RVMs or scratch the body or the fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Black pulsar-a sure sign of demon

Old 24th September 2007, 11:12   #4
BHPian

Hi, I think we're being too harsh on poor ramzys here, he's already mentioned that there was not enough road on his left ! I've had to replace my outside rear-view mirrors, thrice, because some 2-wheeled moron couldn't estimate the width of his mount. Each occasion I had to shell out 800 bucks, I took solace in the fact that it would've been much more painful for him than me. And ramzsys, be happy that that rider would now think twice before pulling off a stunt like that again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks