Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 15:05   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Even my car (NHC) was side swiped recently by an unknown vehicle while it was parked outside a restaurant where i was having dinner with my friends.
The left side was damaged ,the guard told me that a big car (suv) was involved ,he was not sure about the make/model.
Gave the car at Prime Honda and met with the Insurance companies surveyor (ICICI) ,he insisted that i need to show him the FIR in order to get the whole claim which i did today.
Am waiting for an answer from him now.
So IMHO your first step should be to register an FIR ASAP.
Need for FIR depends on the insurance company, On couple of occasions for doing insurance claims Oriental didn't ask me for an FIR. Not sure if this happens because car is in company name.

So check with insurance guys before taking this step.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
This is really awesome!!! How is that Metros like Bangy/ Mumbai do not have this facility?

Moreover, isnt this privacy invasion? Anyone can get details of anyone's car, just with an SMS?

Yes privacy rights are an issue. I have personally used it to check out a hot babe in an elantra But it does have it's flip sides,Auto deal guys use it to call up owners to kow if they're interested in selling thier vehicle,prospective customers get in touch with the owner directly by-passing brokers,hit ad run cases are taken care of,for compensation,without involving the cops,I have myself tracked down an Tata sumo owner who taking advantage of teh rush at my shop,slid away without paying the bill.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, the surveyour is talking through is hat; that means plain rubbish. Long time back when I had an Esteem, near Andheria mode it was rear ended by a RTV as his brakes went kaput and in turn I rear-ended a sumo in the process badly damaging both the car & front of my car.

There was no FIR and I could claim the insurance from IFFCO-TOKIO without any hassles.

Quote:
Even my car (NHC) was side swiped recently by an unknown vehicle while it was parked outside a restaurant where i was having dinner with my friends.
The left side was damaged ,the guard told me that a big car (suv) was involved ,he was not sure about the make/model.
Gave the car at Prime Honda and met with the Insurance companies surveyor (ICICI) ,he insisted that i need to show him the FIR in order to get the whole claim which i did today.
Am waiting for an answer from him now.
So IMHO your first step should be to register an FIR ASAP.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

If you are claiming for your own car then the Insurance company is bound to settle the claim after the report from its surveyour irrespective of where you get your car repaired.

I got my Esteem repaired at my local garage wallah and the insurance claim was paid. My insurance company was and is IFFCO-TOKIO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I dont know if they would agree to repairs at a local shop. In my case, i got the repairs done from the dealer itself with whom the insurance guys have a tie up, and so no hassles involved.

Last edited by gd1418 : 27th September 2007 at 18:16.
Old 27th September 2007, 20:47   #20
BHPian

Thanks for all the help guys. Will try and get in touch with the insurance guys.

But will keep an eye out for the crackpot who did this. Any suggestions on what I should do when and if I do find him?
Old 27th September 2007, 20:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

One does not need an FIR to be lodged in case of a private vehicle accident, only if no one is injured. The Insurance company cannot demand a FIR.It is a prerequisite only in case of Tourist vehicles, not private vehicles.
Old 27th September 2007, 21:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

This guy kept saying that `sir without the FIR i cannot give you the full claim ,its company (ICICI lombard) policy`.
I was not interested in arguing with him so i thought ill get him the damn FIR then lets see what excuse he comes up with but now he IS ready to give me the claim after i spoke with his senior.
Prime Honda says ill get my car within a week.
Old 28th September 2007, 00:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This guy kept saying that `sir without the FIR i cannot give you the full claim ,its company (ICICI lombard) policy`.
I was not interested in arguing with him so i thought ill get him the damn FIR then lets see what excuse he comes up with but now he IS ready to give me the claim after i spoke with his senior.
Prime Honda says ill get my car within a week.
Well if its worked out in this way, so be it. At least you'll get your insurance. Threaten to complain to his superiors if he acts though.
Old 28th September 2007, 22:00   #24
BHPian

Since my car is now over 5 yrs old and valued at 2.5L how much would I lose on No claim bonus if the actual repairs can be done in 2 k?
Old 29th September 2007, 00:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Second step (once u get the info) is to register a FIR -->hit and run on the owner in the nearest police station, this will make him come running to you, to avoid police hassles.
Not sure how much this will help, though being a private citizen, he just might; and he also might just be a big enough target to get your local policeman drooling. I once wasted an entire afternoon after an auto rear-ended my car and created a bump in the bumper . he too turned right at the traffic signal and disappeared. A kind scooterist stopped me and gave me the scooter no.

The traffic police chowky close to Ganganagar (on Bellary Road) had a computer, but the number was untraceable (why was I not surprised?)

Traffic policeman asked me to leave my brand new car parked outsite until the RTO inspector could come and inspect the damage on Monday or maybe Tuesday or maybe Wednesday or maybe 3 years down the line if he was free (it was a Saturday then). Then he said that they would have to go to the RTO to try and trace that no., the traffic police would go and catch that autodriver (maybe 5 years from then) and then drag him to court; call me also for a hearing and then fine the b****d Rs. 500 for hit and run and Rs. 500 for the damage caused.

I would be free to file an insurance claim after the RTO Inspector deigned to inspect my vehicle.

He offered to let me withdraw my complaint; which I quite promptly (though very angrily) did.

I spent Rs. 800 and got the bump hammered out. No point in spending Rs. 8000 and getting the bumper replaced; will just be an open gilded invitation to the next moron on the road to try and create a bump in it.
Old 29th September 2007, 00:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
This guy kept saying that `sir without the FIR i cannot give you the full claim ,its company (ICICI lombard) policy`. .
Thats so not true. You know where to kick this moron the next time your auto insurance renewal comes up, dont you?

As it is you will have lost your no-claim bonus. There is no incentive to stay with this company if thats the way they treat your claims.
Old 29th September 2007, 00:48   #27
BHPian

I dont't know much about this but suppose he gets his car repaired?No FIR can be launched
Old 29th September 2007, 09:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

You did good, its a waste of time unless the damage is very extensive and you want to invoke the TPC than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Traffic policeman asked me to leave my brand new car parked outsite until the RTO inspector could come and inspect the damage on Monday or maybe Tuesday or maybe Wednesday or maybe 3 years down the line if he was free (it was a Saturday then). Then he said that they would have to go to the RTO to try and trace that no., the traffic police would go and catch that autodriver (maybe 5 years from then) and then drag him to court; call me also for a hearing and then fine the b****d Rs. 500 for hit and run and Rs. 500 for the damage caused.

I would be free to file an insurance claim after the RTO Inspector deigned to inspect my vehicle.
Old 29th September 2007, 10:22   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My suggestion : Dont waste your time "finding" this guy. Just get your car repaired under insurance coverage.
Old 29th September 2007, 14:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My suggestion : Dont waste your time "finding" this guy. Just get your car repaired under insurance coverage.
I think I may have to give up. Took a holiday yesterday and spent the day and today scouting for the vehicle with no luck.

Finally gave the car at Sreenath Hyundai in Borivali. They have quoted about 7000 for the denting and painting which they say they will file with Bajaj Allianz. However, I will have to make the payment and would get a cheque from Bajaj minus some 1000 bucks.

Does it really cost 7000 for the job at Hyundai A.S.S.? Had gotten my previous denting painting done for less than 2000 at a local guy. The other alternative which he gave was to replace the entire rear quarter panel which would come up to 12000 [dunno why]. I got the distinct feeling that I was being taken for a ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks