Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 15:46   #196
BHPian

Well I had a scary encounter with one of the "Locusts". Late one night after dropping off a friend I got back on to the center lane. This biker overtakes me from my left, tries to cut and Bingo - goes into a skid ahead of me spraying a lot of sparks. The guy wore no helmet, was thrown off and did a few rolls on the road. Fortinately I was still on my 2nd and could slam my brakes and pull off the road completely shaken. The guy and the bike survived with a few bruises. When he started looking for something, I walked up to him and was told that he was looking for his brand new Tag-heur. All he could get was only its strap. Maybe the lost watch must have taught him a lesson
Old 28th July 2008, 17:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Well I had a scary encounter with one of the "Locusts". Late one night after dropping off a friend I got back on to the center lane. This biker overtakes me from my left, tries to cut and Bingo - goes into a skid ahead of me spraying a lot of sparks. The guy wore no helmet, was thrown off and did a few rolls on the road. Fortinately I was still on my 2nd and could slam my brakes and pull off the road completely shaken. The guy and the bike survived with a few bruises. When he started looking for something, I walked up to him and was told that he was looking for his brand new Tag-heur. All he could get was only its strap. Maybe the lost watch must have taught him a lesson
Typical Chennai-event. It happens every minute at some part of Chennai, and if you think Chennai-bikers would ever learn any lesson whatsoever?
Think again.. its "Two-Wheels-No-Brains" in Chennai, my friend.!!!
Old 28th July 2008, 17:42   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
Auto wala in Mumbai

Attachment 32975
Too much . Seems this poor fellow has been bhaiya-d a lot of times, much to his fervent protests.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:16   #199
BHPian

got these as mail fwd from a friend
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-pic1.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-pic3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th July 2008, 14:09   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
got these as mail fwd from a friend
Not open because it is closed..!!!

bone rattling hilarious...
Old 29th July 2008, 16:19   #201
BHPian

how shocked can you be?

time-10.30 wed.night,place-pune,road-dhole patil road,destination-lush the pub,car-friends OHC. i and my friend were discussing about a topic while going on that road,v were just about to reach Lush,no street lights on that road. v were easily cruising at 45-50kph. i see something large in size lying on the road and think its a dead/sleepin dog and go the otherside to avoid running over it,the distance was about 10 mtrs. then to the ultimate of both our lives! that creature got up and sat on the road AND AND it was not a dog ladies and gentleman it was a freaking MAN who acutally sat up within one second when we were about to dodge it and go past him. v both said "oh freak" at once and we pulled over and got down to see what was the case of this maniac,sitting in the middle of the road. v obviously did'nt go too close but i asked r u ok? thinking that it was a hit and run case! he looked at me sans RED EYE REDUCTION.my friend smiled
at me and said "he's drunk and sloshed" we carried him on the footpath and made him comfy till the sun rises.we entered the club with a smile and a bit terrified!! but it went well atleast we put him in a safe place .

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 5th August 2008 at 02:13. Reason: See note.
Old 5th August 2008, 01:55   #202
Senior - BHPian

How's this for a road side sign???

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-hoarding.jpg
iraghava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2008, 02:10   #203
BANNED

@Ishan. Should we dig there to get that?
Bhayankar? Why?
Old 5th August 2008, 02:29   #204
BHPian

ishaan where is the pic of the ICE Box?!
Old 17th August 2008, 14:04   #205
BHPian

Of stupid and wacky signs in India

Hi all,

Wanted to share some of my sightings of stupid/wacky/hilarious/bizare/outrageous/silly signs that are spotted in places that you least expect, which may sometimes make you laugh or otherwise..
Hope everyone gets to see these stupid signs/banners/posters once in a while..so lets share our exp and make people smile or laugh..

some of my sightings:
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-100_2739.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-0812_180638.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-100_2740.jpg  

RuffRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2008, 21:38   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Kiss and drive

Was really amuzed to see this sign outside the Brussels Airport

Didn't understand the meaning then. Later googled find out the below,

"it was refreshing to see Belgians with a sense of humor. The “Kiss and Drive” signs at Brussels National Airport guide visitors to the passenger drop-off point, where families and lovers bid farewell with a kiss.
In a time of hyper-paranoia and over-regulation in airports, it’s charming to see a security sign that instead makes you smile.""

Information Courtesy: Kiss and Drive = thornet =
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-dsc09758.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2008, 23:56   #207
BHPian

Somewhere in Chennai

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-30062007263.jpg

maxj2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2008, 00:06   #208
BHPian

Some more from Delhi

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-mango_seck.jpg
maxj2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2008, 11:46   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
Some more from Delhi

Attachment 44937
hahaha. The "Mango Seck" is the clincher
Old 9th September 2008, 17:56   #210
Senior - BHPian

Ad75 the public bar and the petrol bunk pics were absolutely hilarious.

Most Viewed