Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 09:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
After this episode everyone will start to blame the kids family for the kids behaviour (even if its not their fault),
Quite logical, to my mind.
Who else would I, or could I, blame? Rabri Devi? George Bush? The United Nations General Assembly?
And how easily you dissociate good parenting from such mishaps. Do you really believe that parenting and education have no role to play in avoiding such tragic events?
Old 9th October 2007, 10:00   #92
BHPian

Wrong impression

I totally disagree with the posts saying that the youth who was driving at 140kmph was to blame, the parents who gave him the car to drive were to blame. Someone has even mentioned the poor chap who has left for the heavenly aboad as 'moron'.

All of you have submitted your posts in the thread "Top speeds" which appears in the 'Best threads' section of TBHP. There you have people claming 170-180 kmph in a fully loaded swift. There all of you had praised such speeds with a cheer! How shamefull! You have 100s of postings with people claming different top speeds, some in excess of 160 kmph, in that thread.

All I want to say is that you cannot blame the guy who was driving the Swift. Might be that the circumstances were perfect for 140kmph, you never know!
Old 9th October 2007, 10:08   #93
BHPian

The Swift is supposed to have a high Euro NCAP safety rating, so imagine the impact speed.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:11   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Might be that the circumstances were perfect for 140kmph, you never know!
It's obvious that you've no idea about the roads and road conditions in and around Dahisar, where the accident took place.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:12   #95
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
That came out sounding not quite right.
Kindly refrain from speaking ill of the departed.
Oops, didnt mean to call the Swift driver a nut. "The nut behind the wheel" is a generalised statement.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:22   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
After this episode everyone will start to blame the kids family for the kids behaviour (even if its not there fault ),
Praveen, if I gave my 20 year old son a top of the line Swift & then gave him some more money to add on performance accessories like NOS & wider rubber - and then let him loose for a nightout before his birthday with some other friends, WHO WOULD BE TO BLAME?? Or am I that stupid to believe that he would only be driving slowly & steadily through the night to watch the sun come up on Backbay Reclamation?
Old 9th October 2007, 10:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Just saw on News Headlines - another Lancer toppled and killed a another person on the road - the driver was drunk. Thats all I heard because I was rushing out of my house for work.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:42   #98
BHPian

Mr. RKS!

It would be greatly appreciated if you could please get over the Swift and Santro comparisions!

we can go on endlessly on such topics.

We talk of maturity! but why does it only hold to driving? Maturity comes in everything, even posting on team-bhp!

Please refrain from such an argument on this thread if you wish, please start another thread and start bad mouthing the swift there!

This thread is about a horrific accident which claimed the lives of two youngsters!
We pay our heartiest condolences to their families and hope that the injured recover quickly!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Just saw on News Headlines - another Lancer toppled and killed a another person on the road - the driver was drunk. Thats all I heard because I was rushing out of my house for work.
Mr.RKS, would you now say that the Lancer is not a safe car, since it was the car involved in a fatal accident!!!!!!!!

Last edited by shrivz : 9th October 2007 at 10:43.
Old 9th October 2007, 11:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Here is the link No pictures though.
Old 9th October 2007, 11:21   #100
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Mr. RKS!

It would be greatly appreciated if you could please get over the Swift and Santro comparisions!

Please refrain from such an argument on this thread if you wish, please start another thread and start bad mouthing the swift there!

EDIT:

Mr.RKS, would you now say that the Lancer is not a safe car, since it was the car involved in a fatal accident!!!!!!!!
A moderator has already done the job that you are attempting, apparently in an unofficial capacity.

Regarding Lancer, I have no idea. Regarding Swift, I have said what I want to say, making your intervention here totally unnecessary.

Threads restricted by unofficial moderators to just paying condolences are boring and pointless.

Last edited by rks : 9th October 2007 at 11:24.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:51   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
My impression also is that the Swift is nowhere near as maneuverable as my Santro, based on my Pune-Mumbai drives. The Swift should not be given to youngsters as it is apparently more difficult to control at high speed. They should start with cars like Santro or Alto, which are much easier cars to drive.
Do you think at this speed being in a santro or alto would help?i think swift is more stable and safe than the cars that you listed.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:57   #102
BANNED

Hey buddy, Santro or Alto would struggle to get past 100. Since 80 is the speed limit on our expressways, 100 is reasonable speed. But with Swift, any nut can hit 140 & lose control.

IMO, what RKS was telling was since Santro stays within limits, its best for parents to gift their kids Santro than a Swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Do you think at this speed being in a santro or alto would help?i think swift is more stable and safe than the cars that you listed.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:31   #103
BHPian

Really sad incident!! Scares me to see the impact of the damage! Looks like paper! Secondly, NOS on a Swift? I wonder if he was using the NOS kit while racing and the Swift had "Upgraded" brakes to cope up with the boost of the NOS.

May the departed souls rest in peace, and the others recover safely..

cya
A
Old 9th October 2007, 20:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

It is obvious.
Kids of rich parents, who give cars to them as b'day presents, these kids get all the performance mods done, and drive like they play NFS in the computer. Blame their parents to bring 'em up like morons.

And most probably, it is a drink and drive incident. (Considering the day and time it happened)

I remember a similar incident happened in Mumbai long back, where the car was a Ford Ikon. A 16 year old kid, with his friends, drove the car to their death. Car hit a pole at high speed and split into two pieces.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:49   #105
BHPian

Condolences to the family, may the 2 souls rest in peace.

Now regarding the euroncap rating for the swift, it cant be compared with indian swift coz the test car was equipped with side body as well as head airbags in addition to the front airbags and anyways the pole test is conducted at a speed of only 29kmph, so if the speed was 100+ idon't think any rating would have helped them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks