Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 22:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mob Fury : Bus Torched in Bangy on Hosur Road

Was on my way back home from work and saw the remains of a bus which was torched by a mob(am guessing). Precisely near the Singasandra cross.

Looked like a company owned bus and while we were crossing the spot the cops were removing the bus, rather only the frame work and chassis.

The bus had crashed into the barricades setup by NHAI for the elevated highway construction.

Am sure the bus has run over someone and then crashed into the barricade.Only probable reason to instigate on-lookers and public to torch the bus.

Saw the TV/news crew at the accident spot covering the aftermath. Will be out in the newspapers by tomorrow stating as to what caused the mob to set the bus on fire.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a very ironic world is ours. Even if did run over someone (RIP), the question should be whether it was due to people walking on the road or the bus driving on the footpath regularly?
Old 9th October 2007, 23:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Could have been a TN bus which is a welcome target in bangalore.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:02   #4
Team-BHP Support

I passed through that a little earlier and saw the fire brigade putting out the fire in the bus. There was a huge crowd, lots of cops and ambulances. The traffic was diverted to the service lane while the fire brigade were putting out the fire.

Not sure why it was torched but as Rj says must have hit someone as there is a junction for crossing just before. The bus had rammed into the pillars of the elevated highway project.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
the question should be whether it was due to people walking on the road or the bus driving on the footpath regularly?
I think YES !! There is a garment factory on the left side of the road where the accident happened and every night we see people jaywalking and crossing the road.

BTW vid was at the spot maybe 10 mins after the flames were doused.

John the TN bus story was something baseless again.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:07   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
BTW vid was at the spot maybe 10 mins after the flames were doused.
Good ole Vid -the firefighter. Doing what he does best.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th October 2007 at 23:10.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

I din't see any mention of this in the times of india or the Banaglore mirror. Anyone else read anything about this in another paper.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:34   #8
BHPian

it has become a common scene in hosur road nowadays, i really dont know how they manage to damage the bus within mins.

@riju even i saw a hillarious accident in mathikere where a cab was involved
u know what the cab was driven the bpo employee, and the driever was in the back seat, i had posted the pics in ( accidents in india thread ) but as usual the post has been deleted hehehehe
Old 10th October 2007, 09:36   #9
BHPian

It was a Wipro bus as per Hindu. Driver ran away(saved his life); after making every one get out of the bus, mob torched it.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:38   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
It was a Wipro bus as per Hindu. Driver ran away(saved his life); after making every one get out of the bus, mob torched it.
Any mention as to why they torched it?
Old 10th October 2007, 09:40   #11
BHPian

It is there in Deccan Herald. Per DH, it ran over a woman. Read the article here

Usually the TOI chaps dont miss these things, dont know what happend this time.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:26   #12
Team-BHP Support

TOI seems to ignore such bus related incidents these days, i believe.
Looks like they are more engrossed with the current political circus thats showing in town.

My wife also came across the ruins of the bus while she was on her way back from home. She mentioned that the entire road was jammed.

Some court should pass a strong ruling making such mob activities illegal and enforce strict punishement for the same. Torching vehicles has become the latest fad in our country, be it during the Agra riots, the Indian Idol controversy in the NE, the Volvo bus incident in Bangalore, TN bus related incidents, and many more which i dont want to even mention.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Its really sad to see the levels of frustration buliding up and then coming out like this. I feel that people have lost all hope in the legal system and have started taking things in their hands. The worst part is , inspite of so many incidents of mob related violence in the country , there is nothing beng done about it .
Old 10th October 2007, 10:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Mob justice has become quite common nowdays and look at the profile of the people in the mob, huh!!.

But the government is also to blame for it partly, no pedestrian infrastructure, outdated laws and delayed justice.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
But the government is also to blame for it partly, no pedestrian infrastructure, outdated laws and delayed justice.
If pedestrain infrastructure is provided, you think people use them? I shall post a couple of pics as and when i get them where people strongly refuse to walk on footpaths, and will walk ONLY on the roads. Either ways, the 2 wheelers have displaced pedestrians from footpaths.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks