Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 13:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

w12, no offence taken

All I meant to say was that the Scorpio has bad interiors and the seating position is comparable to an autorickshaw.

I don't have anything against auto drivers or their prosperity. I simply implied that a sudden hike in real-estate prices and quick (easy) money by selling property makes them confused. It is a reality, which is very much arguable, but believe me when I say I know for sure that is what's happening in atleast certain cases that I'm talking about.

Quote:
Hope Balenos and Ikons with a k & n sticker and a loud exhaust and wide tyres do not look like Maserati and lamborgini to you.
No sir, it definitely does not. In fact, I was not comparing the Scorpio to a rickshaw. I was just talking about a shift from being auto drivers to Scorpio owners. Please don't mistake me.
Old 15th October 2007, 14:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Guys guys
Scorpio drivers may be rash but we have all forgotten the all time rash AUTO drivers SAAR
they switch lanes like their dad owns the road and when there is some minor tufflle all th idiots join together to show their unity.
Case happened in our hostel where this auto dude tried acting smart and called other drivers for support.
He recieved a nice thrashing for him to shut up
Old 15th October 2007, 15:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Guys guys
Scorpio drivers may be rash but we have all forgotten the all time rash AUTO drivers SAAR
they switch lanes like their dad owns the road and when there is some minor tufflle all th idiots join together to show their unity.
Case happened in our hostel where this auto dude tried acting smart and called other drivers for support.
He recieved a nice thrashing for him to shut up
Hope you have read this (Speeding auto rams my car, auto gangs pounce) ? So it ain't nothing new and also this thread is all about the attitude of the Scorpio Drivers. Lets stick to the same.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:22   #64
Team-BHP Support

I heard this very recently from a senior regional loan officer in charge of auto loans in a major bank. They scrutinize Scorpio auto loans more thoroughly because of high number of shady characters who apply for it. Lots of defaults happen in Scorpio loans. In comparision, the Safari loan customers are regarded as very decent chaps.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:25   #65
Team-BHP Support

Samurai, is that why you decided to get yourself a Safari?

Just kidding, your reasons for the same i already know.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I heard this very recently from a senior regional loan officer in charge of auto loans in a major bank. They scrutinize Scorpio auto loans more thoroughly because of high number of shady characters who apply for it. Lots of defaults happen in Scorpio loans. In comparision, the Safari loan customers are regarded as very decent chaps.
So shady characters drive relatively reliable vehicles ?
Old 15th October 2007, 15:37   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
So shady characters drive relatively reliable vehicles ?

yup, isnt it obvious. Imagine one such shady character driving a Safari 2.2 trying to run away from the cops and his head gasket blows.
Old 15th October 2007, 16:02   #68
BHPian

most of these scorpios are owned by contractors , real estate agents migrating from maruti van and cars they try to squeeze into the traffic thinking the scorpio is like their old van and car with all the arrogance of neo richness.
Old 15th October 2007, 16:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You may find this strange, but more often than not the vehicle you own (or claim to own) has a direct impact on your credit rating - whether its a bank or a telecom service provider.
Old 15th October 2007, 17:09   #70
BHPian

This is what i've realized from watching people drive / ride.

A kid learns to ride a cycle. He is thrilled. He rides fast. He wants to overtake everything in sight. He squeezes himself into impossible gaps.

This kid grows up. He now rides a motorcycle. He does everything he used to do with his cycle.

He grows up again. He now drives a car. He does everything he used to do with his motorcycle.

This is what happens when a person starts handling bigger vehicles but DOES NOT GROW up mentally. When you drive big / powerful vehicles, there is added responsibility and you're expected to handle them in a MORE MATURE way. When they fail to do so, they become the IMMATURE / RASH / ARROGANT drivers we see.

Power comes with responsibility. More power comes with more responsibility.

-- Torqy
Old 15th October 2007, 17:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Wondering why MOST of the SCORPIOS are driven RASHLY.
Well don't beat me up for that statement. but that's what i see everyday in Bangalore...and i also said "MOST".
I used to like the SCORPIO but then i saw people driving it around like rowdies. Almost all of them didn't care for the other human being outside his vehicle. So, i started associating SCORPIO with bad drivers. I even told one of the scorpio dealers in Bangalore to teach them to drive DECENTLY before handing over the vehicle.
Even automagazines trumpet about the scorpio's ability to make others give way. What's with these idiots writing such stuff in magazines which are supposed to promote good driving?
Does a scorpio driver consider others small? I don't know. You tell me.

-- Torqy
Hey I think there are some people who believe that if they have a bigger car, they can muscle other cars around. I know at least one person, a colleague of mine, who has a Safari and enjoys scaring off smaller cars. But can't say that it that applies to SUV owners in general.
Old 15th October 2007, 17:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Power comes with responsibility. More power comes with more responsibility.

-- Torqy
Spiderman quote eh?

Just kidding torqy!
Old 15th October 2007, 17:29   #73
BHPian

Moderators ,

This thread may be renamed psycho analysis and truth serum testing , over the internet of a scorpio owner .

While you are at it please delete all my earlier posts in this thread . Thank you.
Old 15th October 2007, 17:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Moderators ,

This thread may be renamed psycho analysis and truth serum testing , over the internet of a scorpio owner .

While you are at it please delete all my earlier posts in this thread . Thank you.
W12, can't figure out why you are getting your BP up man....its just a thread, chill man, why do you have to take it so personally? So what if you own a Scorpiro?

I would have had a cardiac arrest by now if I chose to react every time the EXORBITANTLY COSTLY A.S.S of Ford was mentioned....just my opinion of course. Pray, please feel free to continue if you so desire.
Old 15th October 2007, 17:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Moderators ,

I would've bought a scorpio if i had the money. But i didn't and settled for a Bolero.

But if i had a scorpio, i would've given free classes on "How to drive a scorpio DECENTLY".

I repeat again, this thread is not for scorpio bashing. The vehicle is innocent. It's the STUPID / ARROGANT drivers who give the vehicle and other decent drivers a bad name.

-- Torqy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks