Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 17:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Arkoy,
The same scene in North India would be..in Place of Skoda would be a Merc C or E Class..Scorpio will be relaced by a Prado or Range Rover..thats style man !!!!!!
Old 15th October 2007, 18:13   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I repeat again, this thread is not for scorpio bashing. The vehicle is innocent. It's the STUPID / ARROGANT drivers who give the vehicle and other decent drivers a bad name.
True. I know a few Scorpio owners who are as good as drivers get.
The main problem here is that the Scorpio is a good looking UV with a pretty powerful engine at a pretty low price. Many people have graduated from the Sumo / Armada / Bolero / Trax to the Scorpio. Let's face it, most of these chaps are private / illegal taxi operators. If you put a powerful vehicle in the hands of a not-so-well educated man, you'll end up with a rash driver.
Most of the private owners are decent drivers.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:36   #78
BHPian

Very true observation. Around pune you can spot so many Scorpios and majority of them are estate agents / builders / local politicians or similar types. Undoubtedly many of them are rash drivers.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2007 at 19:35.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:50   #79
BANNED

even i drive a scorpio i never drive it rashly ...
mods please change the thread name .....
Old 15th October 2007, 18:54   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
even i drive a scorpio i never drive it rashly ...
mods please change the thread name .....
That's why the thread says MOST and not ALL.
Thank you for not driving rashly.

-- Torqy
Old 15th October 2007, 19:19   #81
rks
BANNED

Most of the SUVs, including Scorpios, are normally driven very carefully by the owners.

Some SUV drivers (including Scorpios, Prados, CRVs, Innovas, etc.) get it into their heads that they can throw their vehicles around in heavy traffic and weave in and out of our narrow lanes like I can in my Santro. When these types are ahead of me I often get terribly frustrated because they spoil many of my precious overtaking opportunities by blocking my path and refusing to let me go. When I pull out to overtake (either to the right or to the left), they do the same ahead of me; then they realize they cannot go through, and there goes my chance! And when I do get ahead of them, they menace me by inching very close to my rear whenever there is a clear stretch. Fortunately, given the heavy, unrelenting traffic on most of our narrow roads (including highways), even these determined types are forced to give up after a while.

Last edited by rks : 15th October 2007 at 19:21.
Old 15th October 2007, 19:59   #82
BHPian

RE: rashly driven Scorpios

Why Scorpios alone. In the past 2 years in Delhi i have noticed the following traits (most common) by car:

800's, Alto's - will be driving on the wrong side of the road
Santro's - will jump red signals, if they do stop they will wait at red light in the wrong lane
Skoda - in a hurry to reach destination
Indica, Indigo - All of the above and more: Always on high beam
Ofcourse there are exceptions.
Traits are not exclusive. One car type will also share traits of other car types
Old 16th October 2007, 21:19   #83
BANNED

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...road-rage.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Was on my way to office doing 40-45kmph happy the bike was warmed up & running smooth. Stop at a signal, a guy in a black scorpio wants to race me on the open road ahead, I ignored him as I always do in times like these & carried on after the signal turned green. This guy has the nerve of getting his jeep about inches away from my bike trying to box me into the divider, he was basically trying to get me to race.
I braked, let him pass, got next to him on the signal ahead & ask what his problem was, he had almost killed me for crying out loud!! Instead the guy has the audacity of getting out of the car abusing & waiving his fist, I kept my cool, lost it completely when he started shoving me around, was still wearing my helmet & gloves with carbon knuckle protection, punched hard enough for him to fall down. He was dazed, those knuckle protectors are HARD !! Funny part is the traffic cops at the signal saw this entire drama & walked up only after he fell. They agreed that the driver had raised his fist & shoved me first. Inspector arrives, I tell him I punched him in self defence after he tried killing me with the stupid stunt he pulled trying to box me into the divider. Cop arrests the driver, let me go after checking my license.
I feel so much better, but at the same time wonder how many more morons are out there who do not have the basic decency of acknowledging the existence & safety of another human being.
Moral - be cool on the roads, very cool. Never ever raise your hand first, but only in self defence, and please acknowledege other people on the road. It's not worth being responsible for hurting someone seriously for a few seconds of senseless fun on city roads. Take care guys ! Ride\drive safe!
Old 16th October 2007, 22:11   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
That's why the thread says MOST and not ALL.
Thank you for not driving rashly.

-- Torqy

then please change it to most suvz driven in rash style...y the hell only scorpio ....
Old 16th October 2007, 22:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
then please change it to most suvz driven in rash style...y the hell only scorpio ....
I think that's a fair comment. Personally, I have observed that Sumo's are driven in a more rash style in general... guess it sorta evens out. You can't really pin point it to any one make of vehicle.
Old 17th October 2007, 09:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I think that's a fair comment. Personally, I have observed that Sumo's are driven in a more rash style in general... guess it sorta evens out. You can't really pin point it to any one make of vehicle.
Razor, in the NCR & Bangalore, AFAIK, Sumo's are mostly the call-center workhorses, we are talking about (primarily) privately owned vehicles here. So, that's why Scorpio (amongst our home grown crop of SUVs)
Old 17th October 2007, 10:10   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guess it was already mentioned earlier, as to why the thread was titled so.
Old 17th October 2007, 10:47   #88
BHPian

It is true, that quite a few people change their "AVTAR" as soon as they don a vehicle. The vehicle gives them a sence of power that boosts their ego and self esteem and fuels their sence of being superior.

The image of the vehicle is partly due to its capabilities and partly due to the marketing that goes with it. Aggressive marketing slogans can also attract people who have a mind for "showing-off". It has been noticed in cases of the scorpio, the octavia, the safari, the bullet, the accord. Marketing apart, at the end, a rash driver is rash, no matter what the car, and as many pointed out during previous postings, the power of the car hardly matters.

Infact to bring up a very debatable point into fore, I have noticed that more than usual it is the people driving under-powered cars that drive the most rash. The drivers of under-powered vehicles tend to get frustrated in stop-go conditions and even in fast sections, and tend to :-
1. jump red-lights
2. fail to give way to faster vehicles.
3. try to squeeze into the smallest of gaps.
You will see that mostly with autorickshaws, 2 wheeler scooters, public transport buses, and even bicycles.

So in my humble opinion. Each vehicle has its own set of "rash drivers".
Old 17th October 2007, 11:45   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the Sumo, Qualis and Indica here in Bangalore are driven by Call Centre cabbies from whom we cannot expect much. That's why they were not included in the discussion.

There is nothing wrong with a scorpio.

-- Torqy
Old 17th October 2007, 14:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Today morning when I signaled for a left turn to enter into my office building area, all of the sudden this scorpio owner, wearing tie and all, pushed the pedal hard to make sure I do not cross before him. Traffic was at 20 KM/Hr speed. very frustrating. And against my rules, I pressed the pedal harder to teach him the lesson, though the wrong way. but I was angry as to how people like him, work on big MNC, behave so badly.
Another example from another thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed