Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 10:41   #1
BHPian

Accident in Whitefield Bangalore

I friend told this today morning. It is supposed to have happened a couple of days back in front of SAP Labs, whitefield at about 8:30pm. As usual I never saw any mention about this in TOI. Looks like they have stopped reporting accidents.

It goes like this. The accident was between a biker and a bus. The biker was a software professional. It looked like he was crossing the road or something and came under the wheels of the bus. Supposedly, the biker was throw far away from his bike and his internal organs had spilt on the roads.

I don't understand how his organs would have spilt out if he was thrown away from the bus. If the bus had run over him, he would have been under the bus. Maybe she meant that the body was under the bus, but the parts were strewn across the road. The bike was a mangled mess under the bus. A very gory scene indeed.

She said that many employees who were leaving at that time on their bikes left their bikes back in office and booked cabs to take them back home as they were so distressed with that scene.

Does anyone have any more detailed/authentic information about this incident?
Old 12th October 2007, 13:18   #2
BHPian

Sad

Well it didnt happen like what you described herculesksp,

My colleague was traveling in the same bus with which the guy got crushed, Supposedly, the bus and the bike were at a great speed, and he tried to over take the bus from the left hand side, at the overtaking spot, there was a car parked with guys standing near the car, suddenly 1 of the guys opened the door of the car(wrong side) and it hit the biker who was overtaking , and he lost his balance and came under the rear wheel of the bus.

The guy was conscious for some time though before he passed away.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:28   #3
BHPian

its really a very sad thing to happen, the biker was on the wrong side
i think the person shouldnt have opened the door blindly,

coz everything goes wrong if faith is not your way
may his soul RIP.
Old 12th October 2007, 14:24   #4
BHPian

How I wish that such content was not posted here.

But I also think it reminds us all to drive sensibly, for the sake of others and our loved ones at least.
Old 12th October 2007, 16:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post
Ah... thanks for the heads up. Any idea which was the bus? Was it an office bus or a BMTC? what about the biker?
Old 12th October 2007, 16:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Feeling very sorry for the biker, may his soul rest in peace.
Old 12th October 2007, 16:49   #7
BHPian

Yeah, it was a BMTC bus, the biker didn't survive
Old 12th October 2007, 16:56   #8
BHPian

Really sad event. May the biker RIP, whatever his reasons for racing.

But I have seen car owners/passengers blindly opening the right side doors blindly without looking if anyone is appoaching. As a practice I always check if anyone is coming before opening the driver door.

But as they say, when your time has come, your time has come!
Old 12th October 2007, 17:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post

My colleague was traveling in the same bus with which the guy got crushed, Supposedly, the bus and the bike were at a great speed, and he tried to over take the bus from the left hand side, at the overtaking spot, there was a car parked with guys standing near the car, suddenly 1 of the guys opened the door of the car(wrong side) and it hit the biker who was overtaking , and he lost his balance and came under the rear wheel of the bus.

The guy was conscious for some time though before he passed away.
tried to over take the bus from the left hand side,

Stupid thing to do in the first place!
suddenly 1 of the guys opened the door of the car(wrong side)

This does not make sense. Are you trying to say that the chap opened the LHS door of the car (Wrong side?). from teh decription of the accident, it would seem that the RHS door was opened, unless of course the biker was overtaking from the left of the bus AND the parked car.

All in all, a sad thing to happen, but dont u think the biker was more at fault here?
Old 12th October 2007, 17:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
suddenly 1 of the guys opened the door of the car(wrong side)

This does not make sense. Are you trying to say that the chap opened the LHS door of the car (Wrong side?). from teh decription of the accident, it would seem that the RHS door was opened, unless of course the biker was overtaking from the left of the bus AND the parked car.
Yes himanshugoswami, the guy opened the rear RHS door, without looking for traffic, and the biker was overtaking from left of the bus.
Old 12th October 2007, 18:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

car guys opening the door without looking is very common. Bikers should also anticipate doors being opened when a car is parked on the roadside. My brother got knocked down due to the same problem. Fortunately he escaped with a fracture.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

All in all, a sad thing to happen, but dont u think the biker was more at fault here?
Yes, the biker was at fault on two counts. One, for overtaking from the left. Two, for putting his life at the mercy of someone else's common sense, or the lack thereof.

The single most important rule of driving is perhaps this - don't trust that anybody else on the road has any brains. Because, most simply don't. I feel for the biker, and my blood boils at the pervasive stupidity of people opening car doors without looking left or right. Why are we so idiotic sometimes?
Old 12th October 2007, 19:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

I'm unable to read the contents any further...
May his soul REST IN PEACE.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

oh sad accident to read. very sorry for the person who died. BMTC, Auto, Cab drivers are very bad ones.

Also what I see with most of the bikers is they do lot of mistakes, they never follow any rules. so they pay for it.

I noticed now a days software guys don't have patience at all. According to me software professionals who can afford and who don't have patience to drive following rules should hire good driver to drive their car or bike.

In that way it creates job opportunity to one poor guy and car owner can
relax and enjoy the ride. I noticed even If people draw lakhs of salaries drive themselves with rash mind.

Most of the old people curse software professionals for their they way they drive bike or car. Bangalore is tunring out to be very unfortunate city now a days.

Trend and nature of Software Professionals is not like what I used to see before 2000 in bangalore. Very unfortunate situation. Guys lets build patience and follow rules in every corner even If others don't follow lets follow to keep good image and name in public.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Feel very sad for the Biker SE & his loved ones!

Agree that the Biker was overtaking the Bus from the wrong side, but in B'lore most of the BMTC buses drive on the right lane, and no matter how hard you honk they seldom move to the left & also they care a damn for 2-wheelers!

I want to curse that car owner for parking the Car on the Road side (as it is a narrow road) & also the moron who opened the RHS door without looking at the back!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks