Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2007, 15:14   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Tanveer just added another dimension to the thread thanks to his 'built like a tank' Palio. What a quick turnaround.
In not so distant future tanks will be marketed as "built like a Palio".

\N
Old 24th October 2007, 15:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

I would surely buy a water tank built by Palio. Anyway it doesn't have to move and would be very reliable
Old 24th October 2007, 15:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Can we have another trial with the block falling on the TANK
Old 24th October 2007, 15:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Jokes apart the question of Build quality and the use of thin sheet metal for the car body is being brought out time and again. One has to take a more pragmatic look into why such a practice is followed by car makers -

1. Lesser metal in tha car will reduce the body weight thus increasing the power to weight ratio and makign the car more peppier.
2. Lesser weight means higher FE
3. Lesser weight means less wear and tear of movable parts (Tyre, brakes etc.)
4. Lesser weight gives lesser braking distance for the same speed.
5. Lesser weight means lesser money to produce cars.

Yes thin sheet metal bodied cars have disadvantage of being fragile but advantages IMO more than outweigh this disadvantage.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Point 5 can also be understood as -- Thinner sheet also means lesser steel & lower prices.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I would surely buy a water tank built by Palio. Anyway it doesn't have to move and would be very reliable
Will be called - The new Palio Sintex

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Can we have another trial with the block falling on the TANK
Ask Tanveer where to go for concrete slabs falling on cars
Old 24th October 2007, 17:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

I have to disagree with certain posts here.

1. I know the Palio has an exceptional build - I've travelled in and driven it around with my good friend for quite sometime. 'Built like a tank' is a very nice way of describing the build. However, taking an example of a tank breaking walls and saying the Palio is like a tank, is weird. Does it mean to say that palio can crash into a wall and break through it without getting damaged?

2. We hear a lot of claims and many of them are true. We all know the 800 has good FE. But if I say my 800 gives me FE of 150, would it make sense? Can we say it is not surprising or unbelievable because that car is known for good FE?

The next time I see a Palio going head-on to a truck, can I expect the truck to be blown into smithereens while the Palio would have no damages?

Even though many statements in this post have interrogatory form, my only actual question is, 'Isn't 50 kg concrete block from 20 meters causing no scratch an exaggeration?' If no, then not just the build, but the paint job of Palio is also unbelievably awesome to me.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Guys,guys, I guess you people have missed the joke by TSK.;-)
Old 24th October 2007, 18:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Ambassador
Contessa ? Fiat Padmini darling ?
Ambassador, Contessa -
Fiat padmini - Nope

There will surely be a dent in the Fiat Padmini but will come back to normal once you hit it up from the inside.
Old 24th October 2007, 18:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi tsk1979, no offense, but I guess everybody's asking (including me) because it looks like an incredulous claim. Twenty meters is around 66 feet, that's like the concrete block fell from the 5th floor ! Something that falls from that height would be traveling at a healthy clip of 71 Kmph (19.8 m/s) at ground level !

And then there's the weight, 50 Kgs IS a lot of weight - assuming the density of concrete to be 2.4 tons/cubic meter, the block that fell on your car must've been almost a cubic foot, around 27cms all-around, actually. Was the concrete block a slab ?

I'm no physicist, & I could be wrong, but if we assume that your car's suspension compressed by around 6 inches, the impact force was around 33,000 Newtons - that's like 3.4 tons on your car's roof !?! Which in turn is like 3 Palios piled on top of your roof.
Quote:
I'm no physicist
Are you sure? Or may be you like to talk in numbers?
Old 24th October 2007, 18:33   #56
BANNED

Must be a Maruti owner, how can he know the build of a Fiat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
You obviously have a very poor sense of sarcasm and an even poorer sense of humour.
Old 24th October 2007, 18:47   #57
Team-BHP Support

Looks like many people here are missing the joke. Tsk doesn't own a Palio, he has an Indica. He made up the whole 50Kg brick thing just as a pun on the often mentioned built like a Tank attribute of Palio.

I am actually surprised that some members are considering the possibility of Palio surviving a 50Kg brick from 20 meters as a possibility. I don't think even a real tank can survive it without a big dent.
Old 24th October 2007, 18:59   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Looks like many people here are missing the joke. Tsk doesn't own a Palio, he has an Indica. He made up the whole 50Kg brick thing just as a pun on the often mentioned built like a Tank attribute of Palio.

I am actually surprised that some members are considering the possibility of Palio surviving a 50Kg brick from 20 meters as a possibility. I don't think even a real tank can survive it without a big dent.
Point of the matter is not about the joke TSK had to share. Its more to do with why was the Palio put in a thread related to SX-4.
Old 24th October 2007, 19:33   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Moral, no comment.
I still want to know. On another thread some non owner of either cars just referred to two cars with a funny name like below:

Quote:
IMHO, Baloney is a better car than Accident.
But that's for me. To each his own!
And this post was edited / deleted saying it hurts sentiments . Doesn't the same apply here?
Old 24th October 2007, 19:37   #60

Why squeeze-in to a car that came as a memento - first of all? Isn't it a silly behavior to try squeeze into a car in ecstasy? Cricket being a gentleman's game the players too should have behaved in a sober manner instead of being seen perching on a good Indian Sedan! Like in Wimbledon final presentation ceremony, they could have pleasantly posed for a GROUP Shot with SX4. It is not army's SHAKTHIMAN TRUCK to perch and sneak out.No offense I mean to our esteemed/beloved cricketers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks