Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 13:43   #31

a lot of the company busses and a lot of autos running in bangalore miss the middle letter say with a number of XY-01-D-9876

Would have only XY-01-9876 on the number plate.

This is a scam very common in bangalore.

The way this scam works is most transport companies register all the vehicals in the same rto with the same last 4 digits.

Then they pay tax for one vehical and take the reciept then use a xerox machine for the tax receipt covering the middle letter D and take some currupt officers endorsement on the RC Book xerox and carry it in the busses / autos so if they are stoped they show this and get away with it.

This is done a lot the reson being pay tax for only one vehical while running multiple vehicals.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:09   #32
BHPian

When the law enforcers break the law.

P.s.: I haven't whitened his number plates. He simply didn't have any numbers on them and also please note that out here in Hyderabad helmets are compulsory

Note for mods: Didn't want to start a new thread and found this somewhat similar, hence posted here
Old 8th January 2008, 12:12   #33
Team-BHP Support

but he is not breaking the law, he is the law!
Old 8th January 2008, 19:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Great shot Suren! No helmet, no license plates, talking on his cell-phone whilst riding a bike in the fast lane...probably no PUC, wonder if the bike even has papers? What a great shot! This should be sent to the news papers, seriously!
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2008, 19:47   #35
BHPian

and his uniform is also not in place. No Socks..not even wearing shoes I think. Maybe 'off' duty.
Old 8th January 2008, 21:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good job,Suren!! I strongly recommend sending the pic to TOI. They'll publish it for sure. Along with some cop-bashing,it'll be worth looking out for in the papers.
How do these morons change gears? Don't any of these phones come with a hands-free set?
Old 8th January 2008, 22:03   #37
BHPian

could be some minister's gunman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Definitly a real gun, as it had the metalic glint. He was at an arms length infront of me for about 5-10 seconds, so I had a good look. I have a few of the toy replicas plus handled a few real ones, so I know it was not a fake gun.

Either underworld type or police encounter type (although don't think Hyderabad police have any such units!) Either way, best policy was to steer clear.
The guy could be a gunman to a minister/ MLA. I had a real encounter with one such guy.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:13   #38
BHPian

So what

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
The guy could be a gunman to a minister/ MLA. I had a real encounter with one such guy.
So what Sreenivass? He could be anyone, but, am of the opinion that none is above the law. Hmmm... but to clarify, would like to tell you all he was, was just a regular cop, period. Regarding, stopping him (an encounter) we did our bit. Trust me on that> We rolled our Glasses down and gave him a piece of our mind.

Last edited by suren181 : 8th January 2008 at 22:15.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:09   #39
BHPian

This is what I saw on my way to work this morning.

The helmet can be faintly seen in the red circle marked in the pic
Before I get flamed for having taken a snap while driving , let me tell you that the road was virtually free and there was no traffic behind me, I was in crawl mode and hence could take the snap.
Old 12th January 2008, 13:57   #40
BHPian

Excellent pics, Suren. Me too a daily victim of the pathetic state of traffic in Hyderabad. Drivers here have the least respect for traffic rules and IMO, the law enforcers have to bear part of the blame. And your pics illustrate this point so clearly. Request you to please send these pics to TOI.
Old 12th January 2008, 15:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

a fantasic shot suren. You should have stopped him man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Great shot Suren! No helmet, no license plates, talking on his cell-phone whilst riding a bike in the fast lane...probably no PUC, wonder if the bike even has papers? What a great shot! This should be sent to the news papers, seriously!
for all you know, this guy could be coming off a film set.
Old 14th January 2008, 20:11   #42
BHPian

These guys think they are above the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
So what Sreenivass? He could be anyone, but, am of the opinion that none is above the law. Hmmm... but to clarify, would like to tell you all he was, was just a regular cop, period. Regarding, stopping him (an encounter) we did our bit. Trust me on that> We rolled our Glasses down and gave him a piece of our mind.
These guys think being police or whatever makes them some kind of above the law. Good that you guys let him know what you thought.
Old 15th January 2008, 10:36   #43
BHPian

A govt. vehicle in the Durgam Cheruvu Park in hyderabad. First off, how the hell did the vehicle get into the park? Its a closed park with parking away from the park. Second what is a govt. vehicle doing in a park?
Old 15th January 2008, 20:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
If you are confused about the title, let me explain...why dont we use this thread to post things that are illegal (related to automobiles, of course) which we come across?
boy!!
isnt the FFE(whose cat-con is removed) illegal, so most of the team-bhpians cars will end-up here.

and what about all those cars and bikes with mods with the engine, suspension,... with out RTA permission!!!

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 15th January 2008 at 20:42.
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:06   #45
BHPian

Highway peril

Here's the outcome of a common illegal activity that we've frequently discussed here. About a week ago, an autorickshaw sputtering along towards Bandra in the fast-but-one lane on Mumbai's Western Express Highway had a tyre blowout just before the Santacruz flyover. It swayed and screeched to a halt but was effectively trapped with vehicles of all sorts whizzing by. I was in a No. 181 bus that had slowed down on account of this.

Autorickshaw stranded on the Western Express Highway, Mumbai

I was afraid there would be an accident, and sure enough, it happened the very next minute. A speeding taxi was not able to stop in time and gave a biker (also travelling in the fast lane) a glancing blow that sent him spinning and skidding on his side for a good 20 metres. He literally had his shirt half ripped off and was shaken, but he staggered to his feet so I assume he was thankfully unhurt. Luckily he was wearing a helmet, and I'm sure after this he'll continue to do so — instead of hanging it on the handlebar as so many bikers do.

I alighted from the bus at the nearest stop but the situation had resolved itself by then. Even if one wished to help, it would have been practically impossible to access the fast lane safely. Which made me wonder — what's the best way to go to someone's assistance in such a situation without endangering one's own life? There were no policemen to be seen, and it seemed impossible to get to the middle of the highway, especially as the passing vehicles showed no sign of slowing down.

Most Viewed