Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 00:19   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
We usually get fined if we dont follow the rules, What if the cops them selves dont follow the rules. Yes our bangalore cops are stricly following this rule. See the image below this cop parks his bike in NO PARKING and rest is history.... ( i require 20 more of these mods)

doesnt the no parking sign board look like it has been done on PAINT???
look at the pixelation as compared to the other parts of the photograph
Old 25th January 2008, 01:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
You are right,cyrus. The red line across the cirle & the bottom half of the sign seem more pixellated. Didn't quite notice it until you mentioned it.
Also,does the pole seem to be attached to the sign plate at only one point?
Old 25th January 2008, 02:45   #48
Team-BHP Support

all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
We usually get fined if we dont follow the rules, What if the cops them selves dont follow the rules. Yes our bangalore cops are stricly following this rule. See the image below this cop parks his bike in NO PARKING and rest is history
Forget Bangalore, or India for that matter - I haven't seen a police-man (I'm sorry, a police-"officer") in the US, respect either of the following:
  1. Parking Signs / Zones.
    They park all over - anywhere, anyhow is good, except handicapped spots (I'll give them that). Otherwise, taxi stands, parking meters, No Parking zones, you name it - anything goes.
  2. Speed Limits.
    Believe it or not - if a cop's in a hurry and wants to pass you on the expressway, he / she will tailgate you till you give way, don't matter if you're doing the limit or 20 miles/hour over.
Old 25th January 2008, 02:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

aah78,a friend of mine in Chicago once faced this situation. A cop was right behind him on the freeway,and being a 65mph zone,my friend stuck to about 67-68mph. He made sure to stay on the right side,so the fastest lane was free at all times.

The cop tried a few times to get past my friend,but somehow or the other he wasn't able to change lanes and move ahead. After 4-5 minutes,the cop probably got annoyed and got his lights on,asking my friend to pull over.
Believe it or not,the cop gave my friend a ticket for 'obstructing traffic on the freeway'. All my friend could do at that time was gape at the piece of paper in disbelief.

The better half of the story is that he contested the ticket,and the court let him go scott-free,while the cop was suspended for 10 hrs of duty,and put on adminstrative services.
Nitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2008, 10:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Forget Bangalore, or India for that matter - I haven't seen a police-man (I'm sorry, a police-"officer") in the US, respect either of the following:
  1. Parking Signs / Zones.
    They park all over - anywhere, anyhow is good, except handicapped spots (I'll give them that). Otherwise, taxi stands, parking meters, No Parking zones, you name it - anything goes.
  2. Speed Limits.
    Believe it or not - if a cop's in a hurry and wants to pass you on the expressway, he / she will tailgate you till you give way, don't matter if you're doing the limit or 20 miles/hour over.
At least i see by nitin's post that the cop was been suspended dor 10hrs from his duty. i bow to the judicial system there in US. but here in india we see a lot of photogarphs published in TOI newspaper where a cop is not wearing a helmet, some times parking his own bike in no parking. my concern here is what our govt would do to these kind of cops ? affaik according to my knowledge they might be warned not to do these kinda
stuff again.

Quote:

Cyrus yes the board has been done on paint, these board's are by coutesy of some well known jewellery shop's.

The venue is lavelle road diaganolly opposite to JBL & coffee day.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:04   #51
RAC
BHPian

I once managed to get out of the way of 2 speeding lorries on my way to office, each trying to outdo the other, opposite ISKON temple. And what do i notice, same regn no's.
I don't know why, but I guess there is some money making or money saving racket by cargo vehicles as well.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Another one...

This bus was being driven very rashly, so I called up the helpline number on the sticker behind the bus - and the guy who picks up the call says that he is in no way related to that company or the bus, and they have printed his number (dont know if it was by mistake or deliberately done to avoid the public outcry). He told me that he keeps getting a lot of calls (which means that the bus was always driven rash!)

He said he had even called up Airtel to find out if this number was previously alloted to anyone else (before he got the mobile) but Airtel told him that he was the first user of that number!

I am sure this is a case of deliberate manipulation.

I advised him to inform the media about this issue, instead of calling and blasting the company (which is of no use anyway). He said that he will mail the Times of India.

Hey Gopz
Saw this post of yours today only. Its been forwarded to the company's transport department. Will let you know if anything comes of it.

Thanks!
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:08   #53
BHPian

5 Years Ago My Friend Had 2 Suzuki Samurai's With The Same Registration Numbers. One He Purchased New And one second hand without papers ......Easy Job......
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Sure Riju...nice idea...Can anyone give me the email ID of TOI?
Hay dude, my wife is a senior correspondent in times of india (Bangalore Mirror). if you want i can help you on this.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:44   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Hay dude, my wife is a senior correspondent in times of india (Bangalore Mirror). if you want i can help you on this.
Thank you :-) This should be useful for somebody in the forum in future. As for now, I managed to click another pic a few days ago...two different numbers on the same vehicle...
Attached Thumbnails
The Illegal Activities Thread!-pic1.jpg  

Old 18th March 2008, 13:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous! Well spotted gopz!
Old 18th March 2008, 13:23   #57
BHPian

Gopi, i dont feel anything is wrong in tractor, coz the tractor is separately registered and the triller is separately registered in the RTO's. i dont know what's the reason or rule behind it i am saying it coz we own three of them in our native.hence this cannot be illegal ( for eg the tractor reg no 8798 the triller no would be 8799) you can check on the other tractors and reconfirm.

EDIT: this would explain well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Illegal Activities Thread!-pic1.jpg  

Last edited by praJEEP : 18th March 2008 at 13:33.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:51   #58
BHPian

^^^ I didnt know that...good info praJEEP!
Old 18th March 2008, 15:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Well thats permitted for tractors and is not illegal.
You got to buy the tractor from one place and usually the trailor is not available there and has to be brought externally from another vendor where you can check out the trailors tonnage etc. So when you sell the tractor you can retain the trailor and use it with the new one
Old 19th March 2008, 13:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

That's all well and good, but why would you put the tractor registration number on the side of the trailer?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks