Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2007, 10:43   #1
BHPian

The Illegal Activities Thread!

If you are confused about the title, let me explain...why dont we use this thread to post things that are illegal (related to automobiles, of course) which we come across?

For eg. I had been to a place near Neelasandra (Bangalore) to get some touch up paint done for my bike. Guess what was going on there? An autorickshaw's regn number was being changed! I am sure this was illegal and they were upto some mischief. Why on earth would an auto driver change a single digit on the number plate? It was an old autorickshaw, not a new one!

The original number was KA04 B 9402 and it was changed to KA04 B 9502!

Here's a pic

Last edited by gopz : 24th October 2007 at 10:50. Reason: Added Pic
Old 24th October 2007, 10:55   #2
BANNED

Many years back, Times of India Bangalore had reported an incident where 2 buses were running with the same registration numbers on Hosur road . The fact that the those 2 buses were on same road and an alert traffic cop was in charge, this came into light. What if they were running on different roads
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
The original number was KA04 B 9402 and it was changed to KA04 B 9502!
Old 24th October 2007, 11:00   #3
BHPian

Must be a case of a stolen rick
Old 24th October 2007, 11:01   #4
BHPian

Another one...

This bus was being driven very rashly, so I called up the helpline number on the sticker behind the bus - and the guy who picks up the call says that he is in no way related to that company or the bus, and they have printed his number (dont know if it was by mistake or deliberately done to avoid the public outcry). He told me that he keeps getting a lot of calls (which means that the bus was always driven rash!)

He said he had even called up Airtel to find out if this number was previously alloted to anyone else (before he got the mobile) but Airtel told him that he was the first user of that number!

I am sure this is a case of deliberate manipulation.

I advised him to inform the media about this issue, instead of calling and blasting the company (which is of no use anyway). He said that he will mail the Times of India.

Old 24th October 2007, 11:13   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Must be a case of a stolen rick

Another possibility is the no. change being done for framing the original owner of that number's rick. Or the target rick was totalled in some accident/repossesed by a goonda gang; and this no. change towards running this rick against those preset credentials.

Last edited by theMAG : 24th October 2007 at 11:29.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Another possibility is the no. change being done for framing the original owner of that number's rick.
Or maybe a complaint was filed against that rick so he's running it with a new number to avoid getting caught?
Old 24th October 2007, 11:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Gopi why don't you head to a police station and lodge a complaint ? Even better send it TOI and am sure they will publish this.

Last time someone had sent a pic of a cop riding a bike without his helmet and it was published. Even worse the City cops found out who that erring imbecile was and fined him.

Send it to TOI and see what they have to say.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:37   #8
BHPian

Hmmm. Wonder if it is the right post to mention, but while driving one day sometime in the evening with my lady,there was this biker who overtook me and went on. The point to note was that he had a handgun, tucked behind his trousers, as he was wearing his shirt over the trousers, it was flying up, revealing the gun. The bike (pulsor) had a temp registration. Even my gf noticed it.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Send it to TOI and see what they have to say.
Sure Riju...nice idea...Can anyone give me the email ID of TOI?
Old 24th October 2007, 13:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Many years back, Times of India Bangalore had reported an incident where 2 buses were running with the same registration numbers on Hosur road
Last year I had gone to the local police station for some work here in Moradabad & there I saw two identical Eicher trucks in identical colour parked with the same registeration Turns out a local transporter had thought of this novel scheme to save on registeration & tax & was running both the trucks from one set of papers.

Also, I've been monitoring a pair of Innova's for a while now (again in Moradabad) which are running on the same registeration but are different in colour. Need to confirm this once more before I do anything about it.
iraghava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2007, 13:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Many years back, Times of India Bangalore had reported an incident where 2 buses were running with the same registration numbers on Hosur road . The fact that the those 2 buses were on same road and an alert traffic cop was in charge, this came into light. What if they were running on different roads
IIRC, the buses belonged to National Travels, Bangalore , which is owned by the current MLA of Chamarajpet and former minister , belonging to JD ( S ). Bangaloeans will be familiar with the name. :(

Last edited by w 12 : 24th October 2007 at 13:20.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
he had a handgun, tucked behind his trousers.
Are you sure that was a real gun and not a water pistol or a toy that is sold on the roads by the street vendors? If its real he must be some underworld guy.

Would be fun if he tucks it in the front of his trousers with the safety off.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th October 2007 at 13:34.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:40   #13
BHPian

Read a news report on this once, apparently this practice is common among the private bus operators who offer charter services to the IT, ITES, & manufacturing firms here in Chennai. The operators have to pay a tax of something like three thousand bucks, for every seat, every 3 months, & this is for every vehicle they run ! So, they run multiple buses with the same registration number to cut down on their costs !
Old 24th October 2007, 14:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Are you sure that was a real gun and not a water pistol or a toy that is sold on the roads by the street vendors?

Definitly a real gun, as it had the metalic glint. He was at an arms length infront of me for about 5-10 seconds, so I had a good look. I have a few of the toy replicas plus handled a few real ones, so I know it was not a fake gun.

Either underworld type or police encounter type (although don't think Hyderabad police have any such units!) Either way, best policy was to steer clear.
Old 24th October 2007, 18:31   #15
BHPian

Last year Times of India , Bangalore, carried a report about a car owner getting 'wrong parking' ticket, while he had not driven the car at all for a month. The gentleman pursued the matter upto the very top and found that the parking ticket was made in the name of a SANTRO with the registration number same as his Premier Padmini. Finally the car was discovered on Residency Road and was explained as a case of mistake while painting the registration number! Was the mistake deliberate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks