Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 11:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its really sad. But i think, other than educating the drivers, better designed buses are the need of the hour.

A very crude comparison I took consists of a touring bus, a city bus and another city bus. You can see, the number of blind spots on the indian city buses as the predominantly glass facade is replaced with metal.
Also, the international city buses have their drivers at much lower positions.

Driver education, and better understanding of road and traffic conditions and rules are a must. Its painful to loose a child, esp for no fault of theirs.

Hope the family gets out of this patch easily. May her soul rest in peace.

PS: I have used images as demonstration only - it is not intended to point fingers at any particular vehicle manufacturer.

Last edited by madan80 : 31st October 2007 at 11:20.
Old 1st November 2007, 01:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Driver awareness, Bus design apart there is another aspect to it. Road user/Padestrian awareness. Although not pertinent to this case.

But how many times have we seen kids run across the road running after a ball. How many times do we see office goers (they are all educated people) take a shortcut/jaywalk. All of this adds up. But generally the Bus driver is mostly blamed.
Old 1st November 2007, 01:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to know, may the girl rest in peace.

We need better traffic system and better system for pedistrians.
Old 1st November 2007, 02:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good point about Bus Design, They cannot see anything on the left corner if anything cuts in too close... Then again they dont bother to really look,

What they need is strict disciplinary action, if there is an accident it goes on their record and a second accident means suspension.

Accident leading to Death should mean immediate suspension pending a full inquiry and criminal charges to be laid on the driver.

That will make them be cautious. This driver will be back behind the wheel in couple of months.
Old 1st November 2007, 02:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

This incident took place right behind my house. Was a scene of total carnage. May the dead rest in peace.

Last edited by vikram_d : 1st November 2007 at 02:54.

Most Viewed