Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 10:41   #1
BHPian

2 Days, 2 IT Guys, 2 Rear-end collisions

I was on my way to office yesterday on KR Puram-ITPB road. Opp to Whitefield Honda, there was a small traffinc jam, and I guessed that could be due to some accident.

Unfortunately I was right. Thre was a new black Palio stile which seem to have rear-ended a mini truck (tempo). Front bumper and Bonnet damaged and Windshield is broken too.

Today morning, it was th turn of a Black Santro xing that rear ended a full blown Leyland truck near to now-defunct carting center. I couldn't stop and have a look. It seems the truck did have "small- car" stopper at its rear. So, another set of broken glass and body parts. Damage looks minor though.

I am not sure the vehicles were moved to the side after accident. My guess on the second case is that the truck was parked, and the Santro guy tried to overtake someone by taking the left most lane and eventually became sticker on the parked truck.

I sincerely hope these guys learn from their mistake and learn to drive soon. My sympathy to the truckers
Old 31st October 2007, 10:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Another case of IT "driven" madness !! Just recalled another incident that happened near our office.. there was an accident involving an employee from my company and another vehicle. I believe the driver of the other vehicle had a go at the poor chap and a fist fight broke out .. In the end, it turned out even the other driver was an employee of my company !!

I am sure if the HR dept hears about this, one of them will definetly be fired on the spot.
Old 31st October 2007, 11:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, saw that new Black Palio Stile with damaged bonnet & bumper y'day, not sure how the mishap happened!
Old 31st October 2007, 11:00   #4
BHPian

Why one? Either both should be or neither should be

But tell me is the HR responsible for the antics of the employee outside the premises of the company in non-company related affairs? Can they take such an action?
Old 31st October 2007, 11:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I was on my ...... I sincerely hope these guys learn from their mistake and learn to drive soon. My sympathy to the truckers
Just out of curiosity, how do you know they were IT guys?
Old 31st October 2007, 11:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
And how is IT related to the driving of individuals?
Old 31st October 2007, 11:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Dear dear amitoj, colorful tags and nameplates hanging from their necks. Yep, there is <5% chance that those were non-IT guys with tags. then, I do take my chances
Old 31st October 2007, 11:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Dear dear amitoj, colorful tags and nameplates hanging from their necks. Yep, there is <5% chance that those were non-IT guys with tags. then, I do take my chances
LOL... i would say its <1% even.
Your post did not mention that the drivers were stil there at the scene, hence the confusion.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, as a first hand experience, most of the time I have driven with an IT guy, I have seen his/her thought process reflect in the conversations while driving. Most of the conversations do indicate that the mind is anywhere but on the road. Even interpretation of various observations are also quite different from the norm. Could be that most of these guys are new to the steering wheel on the road and are too preoccupied (by ways to further ones position) to learn the nuances of using the roads.

It is quite irritating to actually offer an IT person a ride, unless they vow to keep silent thru the entire journey!

On the otherhand IT people who love automobiles are actually very value-adding.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:41   #10
BHPian

a bit strangely titled thread i should say!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
On the otherhand IT people who love automobiles are actually very value-adding.

thanks 1100D and everybody, please keep this bon-air about IT flying high. I have no idea why a particular profession must be reported to cause accidents!!!! very funny though.

i have been driving for 10 years now and almost the same with IT.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

The thread title is rather misleading - 2 days, 2 IT guys, 2 rear end collisions!
I immediately clicked on this as it 'promised' exceptional experiences!
All I found were mundane collisions of the normal sort, whereas what I expected was something like the vice of the Vice Admiral.
Old 31st October 2007, 21:41   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
And how is IT related to the driving of individuals?
It people tend to think that solving problems is as easy as hitting the "reset" button. According to them, worst think is simply giving the three finger salute - "Ctl alt del".

This ease at workplace, coupled with high incomes makes lousy individuals; and lousy individuals are lousy drivers.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
This ease at workplace, coupled with high incomes makes lousy individuals; and lousy individuals are lousy drivers.
I guess you are not in IT & so easily passing a blanket statement like that!

How do you know it is EASE AT WORKPLACE?
Most of the IT guys working on a Project - work under immense pressure to deliver solutions to client against tight deadlines, resource constraints etc., it includes working late hours, sometimes even weekends too!
And money can never compensate the health hazards & lost family time etc.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:22   #14
BHPian

Mind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It people tend to think that solving problems is as easy as hitting the "reset" button. According to them, worst think is simply giving the three finger salute - "Ctl alt del".

Mind what you are typing bro! Not all of them are like that!! you do not want to make such statements on this forum as there are quite a lot of IT folks on the Forum, who know more about cars than you know about yourself.

Probably your team-bhp handle shows your way of driving, so dont sit in the back seat and just crib and point fingers at others and make unforgivable comments, there are equally bad drivers who are not from IT industry I can point out with incidents. That said I agree there are a few lousy guys also, but it doesnt meant that all IT folks are "lousy drivers". \

There are exceptional drivers who drive even professional form of Racing! which you could only sit in the "Backseat" and watch!!

It would be a great idea if you join us for a meet and see what we drive and how we do it! Oh yea-you can take the Backseat ofcourse

On a rather curious note i'd like to know what profession you into?

Last edited by raghuram.cg : 31st October 2007 at 22:27.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
... what I expected was something like the vice of the Vice Admiral.
C'mon you chaps, stop fighting, and come to the point!
What WAS the vice of the Vice Admiral?
Don't 'bump' me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks