Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 22:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dial 100 for quick response.

Today I was pleasantly surprised by the amazing quick response of the Bangalore Police. I was walking with a friend towards an ATM on DVG road Gandhi Bazar at about 8pm and i saw a poor old lady in a pool of blood around her head, lying unconscious on the footpath. People were walking by without even taking a second look. I looked around for a cop and didn’t find any..then I dialled 100 from my cell phone and got a busy tone,.tried again and a lady answered who could speak fluent English( I cant speak Kannada ) I told her about what I saw and gave her the address. Meanwhile I didnt have any hope of help arriving soon and thought of walking to a nearby signal where most of the times some cops are stationed. We found a traffic police man who said he would call up for help after his colleague comes back in 5 mins. After wasting some time with the traffic policeman who did nothing to help, I started walking back to the place where the lady was lying and saw a crowd gathered there. When I went closer, the cops had already arrived and the lady was sitting up and talking. Then they took her to some hospital in the police jeep. I cant explain the sense of relief I saw them taking her..thanks to the fast response of the cops.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:08   #2
BHPian

This is really surprising and being a native Bangalorean, cant believe that the bangy cops have finally started working!
Old 4th November 2007, 22:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Gr8 and some people on forum said to me "that how come that number works from mobile and even if it works those people wont come."
Old 4th November 2007, 23:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Gr8 and some people on forum said to me "that how come that number works from mobile and even if it works those people wont come."
I have a first hand experience of not being able to connect to the control room by dialling 100 in an emergency.. Trust me, I tried from 2 different cell phones at least 25 times without joy!
Old 5th November 2007, 00:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lady turned out lucky!
Old 5th November 2007, 05:03   #6
BHPian

I have tried dialing 100 once ( I'm in Delhi), but just dialing 100 did not work for me. I had to dial 011-100 and it worked. 011 is the STD code for Delhi and you have to dial it basically if you call any landline phone from a cell.
Old 5th November 2007, 12:41   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
I have a first hand experience of not being able to connect to the control room by dialling 100 in an emergency.. Trust me, I tried from 2 different cell phones at least 25 times without joy!
Add me to the list as well.
Old 5th November 2007, 12:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dial 112 from any mobile, that's your emergency number.
Old 5th November 2007, 13:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have tried countless times from multiple numbers when i had my accident , it was simply not ringing sometimes giving engaged or just the call getting diconnected. I was later forced to get the nearest police station number from a helpful passerby to get in touch with the police.

Dial 112 (even if you dont have range with your service provider) and you reach the operator of your mobile service provider. Who will again take it up with the Local Emergency services
Old 5th November 2007, 13:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Anywasy the lady is plain lucky and very nice of you to have helped her out. The cops did their duty !
Old 5th November 2007, 21:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good job,heavy_foot.Thats the least anyone could have done.Calling the cops..I hate to see this happen.Someone's hurt,and lying on the road.No one bothers to come foward and help them.The minute the cops turn up,the crowd swells up out of nowhere and hangs around to know more about the incident.
Old 5th November 2007, 21:40   #12
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
you need to dail 080-100. Have called both 100 and 103 many times in last 3 years, I had no issues with both BSNL and Airtel.

regards,
-manju
Old 5th November 2007, 21:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Radio City VJ mentioned a number, I think 2666, for emergence ambulance service when someone spots an injured person. They will take it forward from there. I should have noted the number.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:21   #14
BHPian

112 normally connects to the emergency services. However here in India I think it connects to the police control room.
By the way did you guys know that 112 will work even if your phone keypad is locked (I have tried this on Nokia and Siemens).
Old 6th November 2007, 11:50   #15
BHPian

good job done, nobody otherwise bothers to wait and help someone in distress.

Most Viewed