Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 12:28   #16
BHPian

As I said 1100D in a track He would have had me for breakfast, and Pulsar 180/200 for lunch and dinner.
But what really favoured me is I am almost regular on these roads, even during nights, I know almost all the potholes, bends, like my back of hand even the mentality of the bigger vehicles on these roads.

I can almost predict their next two moves with 90% Accuracy. But that guy seemed to lack in these soft skills, which made up for my machine's lack of power. almost all the time he was almost breating down my neck. Just the last few kms, the traffic conditiones were not very good, and my soft skills pulled me clear.

So we may consider that a small lack of power can definately be made up by better soft skills.

And yes after this episode I do have a new found respect for my Humble trusty P150. Though she can not top the bigger boys, but she can surely hold out of own.

Last edited by sumitkalindi : 7th November 2007 at 12:31.
Old 7th November 2007, 15:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
Wow!!!

Just imagine you with a Pulsar 220 on the same stretch.

Or imagine you in the himalayas (unknown place) on a TVS50.

I guess it is the Power + Experience that really matters. One is not a substitute for other.
Its your experience on how you use the power/capabilities of your vehicle. Ive left a sx4 behind in the hill sections of mumbai-pune expressway in an alto lxi. It matters in the hills on how much you know your vehicle (how to shift right, whats the powerband, when to break, how to corner) and how much you know the roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks