Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2007, 20:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
bro you are going to be with the whole next week while the car gets repaired and repainted the first four step which you told me are gong to happen very soon and last step will take place in the following months as soon as the current set becomes racing slicks

and you know dads is never going to let me touch the other cars so no need to worry of them getting in the same condition as the alto
Good for your that you are not drivng bigger cars..otherwise you would have really damaged yourself and others too. I think your dad is too wise to give you biger cars.
Old 8th December 2007, 22:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I think your dad is too wise to give you biger cars.
"It doesn't matter how much you paid for the car, they all look the same after the wreck." - Maniks Dad
Old 9th December 2007, 11:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good for your that you are not drivng bigger cars..otherwise you would have really damaged yourself and others too. I think your dad is too wise to give you biger cars.
he doesn't let me buy or drive a bigger car because he know my driving style 1 2 3 4 gear full acceleration and 5 don't exist for he

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
"It doesn't matter how much you paid for the car, they all look the same after the wreck." - Maniks Dad
bhaiyaji i have the NHC for the whole next week cheers: and kal chalna hai be ready
Old 9th December 2007, 20:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Update

i went to the painter and he suggested me to get the whole car painted leaving only the roof
the total cost and final decision has to be made by tomorrow morning

i was planning to change colour and also claim insurance but got to know if i opt to claim insurance then i cann't change the colour
Old 9th December 2007, 20:52   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know about this insurance business.

What I am more used to, in UK, is insurers will pay up for specific damage from a specific event.

If you go to them and say, "over the past few months/years I've collected these various dents and miscellaneous damage, now I'd like you to pay to have them fixed" --- they'd laugh.

Is it different here?
Old 9th December 2007, 21:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Is it different here?
no its same here. I think he was mentioning of getting the claim for the bullet and the latest front collision he had.
Old 9th December 2007, 21:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know about this insurance business.

What I am more used to, in UK, is insurers will pay up for specific damage from a specific event.

If you go to them and say, "over the past few months/years I've collected these various dents and miscellaneous damage, now I'd like you to pay to have them fixed" --- they'd laugh.

Is it different here?
As per the rule-book, it is exactly like that here too, but car owner, repairer & the insurance surveyor form nexus to make fool of insurance companies.

Last edited by breezydrive : 9th December 2007 at 21:13.
Old 9th December 2007, 22:19   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahh, I see. The quote for the rear end just happens to cover the other repairs too, with a percentage here and there.

I think I get the picture...

Actually, the quote from a main dealer would probably cover substantially more work from an independent guy, so I guess that's another way to juggle...
Old 10th December 2007, 09:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
no its same here. I think he was mentioning of getting the claim for the bullet and the latest front collision he had.
Hanji Bhaiji you are right i am claiming insurance for the rear and front collosion only

Quote:
Ahh, I see. The quote for the rear end just happens to cover the other repairs too, with a percentage here and there.

I think I get the picture...

Actually, the quote from a main dealer would probably cover substantially more work from an independent guy, so I guess that's another way to juggle...
mostly here it works like this only many people try to cheat the insurance company but i am getting the car done from a good shop

i am going their in about hour and half lets see what decision i take will update shortly
Old 10th December 2007, 11:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

@manik: Do you have Maruti's insurance or is it a different insurance company? Usually, if maruti's insurance, then they will not allow other guys to claim? if otherwise, then it may be possible to claim the insurance. Do keep us updated on the same..

Also the NHC drive it carefully.
Old 10th December 2007, 20:57   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@manik: Do you have Maruti's insurance or is it a different insurance company? Usually, if maruti's insurance, then they will not allow other guys to claim? if otherwise, then it may be possible to claim the insurance. Do keep us updated on the same..
I have national insurance and i have claimed insurance
claimed for the rear end collision and the front

Quote:
Also the NHC drive it carefully.
Me driving it very carefully abhi will be posting the pics very soon

PS abhi waiting for the pics
Old 11th December 2007, 00:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

And yeah regarding NHC he is driving it on 100 - 120 during peak hour traffic 5-6 pm (offices closing time). Pfft somone take the cars from him. And i even know the reason of him driving like that, "the PUNJABI songs he listens in car". Dayyum i wont even play those songs even if i m desperate or dying for music man. Total Truck and BUS drivers songs.

I pray to god that he doesn't get a JOB in Delhi;s Blueline Bus service as a Driver!!!

P.S. His NHC breaks sks like anything. Even my alto can break better than his NHC. Pathetic!

Last edited by abhibh : 11th December 2007 at 00:26.
Old 11th December 2007, 11:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks bhai for posting the pics and like you pointed its not my nhc all nhc brakes are like that

Update on the car

yesterday the car was given for denting and painting and they were saying i will get her back by monday next week

getting the whole car painted leaving the roof alone

PS please pray it doesn't rain
Old 12th December 2007, 03:13   #74
BHPian

I think it will be more important to pray for the NHC with you behind the wheel and no brakes. Ask the workshop owner to give you a discount cause you will be bringing in a lot more business soon
Old 13th December 2007, 11:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_raiser View Post
I think it will be more important to pray for the NHC with you behind the wheel and no brakes. Ask the workshop owner to give you a discount cause you will be bringing in a lot more business soon
I hope not i have already banged the same nhc once i don't want to get in trouble again

and yup hes giving discount this time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks