Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 14:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

My little Alto got rear ended by a Bullet

Last week i was coming back from some place with my granddad. I had stopped at the red light (where my NHC meet with a accident few months ago http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-rickshaw.html)

As i was waiting for the light to turn green a bullet motorcycle rear ended me at probably at 50 km/hr and the youth went flying of the motor cycle he was badly injured
but some how he managed to get on the bike and ran away the bullet dind't have a rear number plate to could get his no. and grand dad didn't let me follow him but got a DDR written the closest police station

Here are the pics of my car

And few days ago my car was standing it the parking lot in sec 23 opp. the bus stand and some stupid guy on his cd100 bike bang into my rear right doos at full speed and now the door doesn't shut properly and is also touching the front door from the top

and my GF's gift to my car

this when she parked it sec 17 and the whole cycle stand was resting on my car

And this is when she rear ended a fiesta (the fiestas whole rear was gone)

and some dents on my fender driver side fender

I am thinking of getting the whole car done before the new year. and i am getting body colour everything

now i have one more thing should i get a wiper for the rear hatch i don't mind a hole in the hatch because the visibility is nill during rains
Old 4th December 2007, 14:41   #2
BANNED

Dude every panel on your car has got a dent!!

And most old Bullets don't have very effective braking systems. Lucky that it didn't punch a hole in the rear tailgate.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
now i have one more thing should i get a wiper for the rear hatch i don't mind a hole in the hatch because the visibility is nill during rains
You might have to change the hatch door as a unit.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you were holding up on all the dings to your car. Now that its crossed a threshold limit, time to attend to them.

Unfortunate, i know, but i was just trying to put in a little fun.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

No offences ment. After reading the title, i thought a bullet had hit the car. . Time you take her for repairs and I hope you can claim insurance for all these things.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

[quote=manikjeet;645991]And this is when she rear ended a fiesta (the fiestas whole rear was gone)

Gees, the extent of damage in this pic is minor, after it rear ended a Fiesta to the extent that the its rear was a gonner. Built like a Tank ?!!
Lol bro, please post some pics after getting all fixes done. Also the cost incurred. Are you planning a color/coat change ?
Old 4th December 2007, 16:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

@Manik: Sad to know about the torture you car faced. Once a delaer had told me that the you can get the viper unit for ~7k I think its the complete door assembly from the VX(i) variant. Hope this helps
Old 4th December 2007, 16:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

is there any place in the car that is still intact? just kiddin there. did u get an estimate from MASS?
Old 4th December 2007, 16:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

i guess the bikes and you have "chattis ka aakda..!!!" (no ofence ment) peace
Old 4th December 2007, 16:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

FULL OFFENCE MEANT!!! haha

Start driving like a MAN and NOT like a ANIMAL(N) bro. This is why i dont let you drive coz u have a very very heavy foot man. Take it easy on the little thing. Plus its better u get yer tyres changed to 185 from 165 because u cant handle the car with these 165 (tooo puny for you).

Chal atleast you got the clutch changed. Come in the evening and we will see how much is the estimate and i will try that we get yer car limited to 60KMPH top speed only!!!
Old 4th December 2007, 16:55   #11
BHPian

And the topic should also be changed- it should read - My little alto rear ended by a Bullet, T Boned by a CD 100, Hit by a reversing Fiesta in the front (apply theory of relativity here), and set upon by an entire cycle stand!

:-)

Glad to know no one was hurt.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Your Vector is established, just follow it.

Instead of fixing all the sheet metal hit it a few more times with a big hammer and crack the windshield. Then, install dry ice reservoirs around and under your car so that white steam comes from several places on it. Then, just drive it and watch all the instant respect you get. Watch them get the h*ll out of your way.
Old 4th December 2007, 21:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Ouch!! Thats a lot of beating your Alto has taken. I'm surprised it still runs fine.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the Bullet went right through the Alto. That thing is built like a tank,so the damage done to your car seems not-too-bad. Anyways,I hope this the last of all the incidents with the car.
Good luck!
Old 5th December 2007, 00:10   #14
BHPian

WOW!! with that amount of damage any car other than maruti would have cost a bomb to repair. But since this is an Alto you should be just fine.

By the way you were lucky this was not an 800 or all the pics would have shown is the engine with scrap metal around, also the engine would be shred in two by the rear ending bullet.
Old 5th December 2007, 10:51   #15
BHPian

@ Manik
So sad to see so many dents on ur Alto
Get them all fixed soon and bring her back to beauty.

Most Viewed