Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 17:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Hey Elito!!
guess you are having very rough times traveling in NCR traffic,Gurgoan to mention,but dude relax.Its just a matter of time,as soon as the flyover project gets completed the drive would be fun and signal free.

Like guys traveling back from greater noida must be knowing that after 5.30 the expressway ending near amity is jammed,Bottleneck but its just a matter of time,as soon as the Project completes,I can travel within 45 mins to greater noida from south delhi.

BEAR WITH THEM FOR A BETTER TOMMOROW
Well given the infamous pace of affairs in India. I would probably be too old to drive or rather enjoy driving when things 'IMPROVE'

Your statement made me reflect back to growing up in Delhi and traffic woes!

Memory 1: Sitting in school bus at the ITO red light and rubbing red eyes!! Coming home and first thing i used to do was wash my eyes! (maybe 96-97)

Reason: Highly polluting vehicles and unleaded petrol!

2. Rememeber the traffic jams on the ITO bridge!! When i used to be a single lane thingy!! I would always be late from school!

3. My Father opting to not travel in DTC buses due to clautrophobia reasons and complaining of BP (way back...dun remember..maybe early-mid ninties)

4. My first job ( 2004). Travelling to noida. the inhumane, sick, local roadways buses!!, the sick sight of a scores of people hanging from doors of buses!!. I got my cell phone stolen in one such bus!

5. Getting stuck at dhaula kuan at 6-7 inthe evening as some MP/MLA etc was coming from the airport! (2005 maybe?)

6. Tata SUmo's bellowing smoke like chimmneys and making a mockery of pullotion norms!! (EVERY OTHER DAY)

Elito
Old 6th December 2007, 18:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

How can you judge whether India is shining or not based on the traffic situation or the behaviour on the road? Can I go ahead and say US is bad becoz school kids there go around shooting fellow school mates with assault rifles??

There are both positives and negatives associated with both countries - Unfortunately (for us), India doesn't rank high in the list of on road behaviour. Even I pull my hair out when I see people misusing courtesy shown to them on the road !!
Old 6th December 2007, 20:09   #48
BHPian

I agree to amit, in a you-tube comments section i saw a shameful n a big fite in which some of our people from north blaming the people in south for he country's let down.. and the same thing against north by the people from south(it is a open www page).. It was so bad to see and the first time i felt so shameful for some of our people.. i have never felt such thoughts even existed within our country.. anywayz but just becasue of some people like this we cannot say the country is not in a developing phase..
Old 6th December 2007, 20:14   #49
BHPian

I personally feel that the traffic COPS in our country are lazy or they seem lazy.. and only try to earn more in the name of bribe.. our government is not capable enough of handling certain things with the resources they have. Why can't we have this road traffic control given to a private company. I am not sure whether someting like this is possible, but i think this can bring in a effective and a quicker change to this.
Old 6th December 2007, 20:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
My first job ( 2004). Travelling to noida. the inhumane, sick, local roadways buses!!, the sick sight of a scores of people hanging from doors of buses!!. I got my cell phone stolen in one such bus!

Getting stuck at dhaula kuan at 6-7 inthe evening as some MP/MLA etc was coming from the airport! (2005 maybe?)
Try going to Dhaula Kuan now - It's a breeze !!!

Metro is going to start in Noida next year !!

The GQ is ready. Look at Taj ( Greater Noida ) Expressway.

The economy is Booming, the Stock Market is Rising, Exports are at an all time high.

We got the Best Malls / Best Hotels - BPO Industry gave jobs to Millions of young people, Education in India is great right now.

Per Capita Income is rising ( and so are our taxes )

And the Icing on the cake is - Lamborghini Gallardos / Audi's / BMW's have waiitng periods - the number of cars they thought they would sell - they are selling 5 times that.

Now I certainly call that India Shining !!! It is just a matter of 4 - 5 years now.
Old 6th December 2007, 21:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Bottom line- when in India,be prepared to face the worst senario no matter what you do. All the more,since there aren't many ways to have things fixed without having to bribe people,or getting into a scuffle with others.

The US is in no way superior. Trust me,this place is just like any other country.It can boast all it wants,but there's a fine line between living & living it well. And this country has a lot of good stuff that everyone could learn from,but it has enough crap that would want people running far away from here.

India will take 15-20 years to reform itself. This I say with the belief that over time,the Govt & all forms of Govt. related units will function with more sensible citizens. With education becoming wide-spread, even villages will catch up to a level on par with cities. Its just a matter of time.

Till then, do all you can to make India a better place to live in.Learn from others,and implement it in your daily life. Learn from the East or the West, but use the best part of the lessons and help make a difference to the country we all belong to..India.!
Old 7th December 2007, 13:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Try going to Dhaula Kuan now - It's a breeze !!!
Can you let us know if it is breeze at 830AM and from 530-6PM onwards. First try to reach Dhaula Kuan from Radisson onwards.
Old 7th December 2007, 13:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

The biggest drawback we have is refusing to accept that there are more bad things in this country.
The thread starter was worried about his country and was not trying to say some other country is better than ours.
All countries have drawbacks, we have ones which doesn't seem to tell we are civilized at all (mob fury, lynching, violence against dalits, just me attitude etc.,).
I am a proud Indian and am proud of our heritage, past culture etc., But worried when it comes to the present state. Our leaders (politicians) ruling us are not getting better.

India is shining but the same shine is blinding more people.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:28   #54
BHPian

India Shining well that's something which, will take ages to happen here in our country. When do we call our country to be shining...?? well when there is no poverty, when people are educated, when the infrastructure is good if not TOO good, when we have a stable govt and when the quality of life of every citizen improves....BUT i do not see anything of that sort happening here.....

Just take for instance what's happening in karnataka. The state went under presidential rule twice in a month. Corrupt politicians are spoiling our country..we have goons, criminals and uneducated people becoming CM's and ministers of our state..now how do we expect our country to develop in their hands.

Educated citizens can only make a difference to our country, so until then some of us can try to make a beautiful country while the other lot would keep on destroying it.......

I am sure the person who started this thread had a very good intention and was really frustrated at the way he saw things happening in our country....

Last edited by jango : 7th December 2007 at 14:31.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:34   #55
BHPian

I hate this country at times.... no matter what any goddamn economist says..till we have this kinda things happenign here ..i swear India can never be a developed country!!

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Elito

Don't hate the country, hate the people who are running it, at least Delhi has much better roads when compared to Bangalore
Old 7th December 2007, 14:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Times group is doing this big thing discovering Leaders for Tomorrow.
Aren't we a democracy ? No matter how good a person is, unless he is elected (by people), how could someone become a leader.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Don't hate the country, hate the people who are running it, at least Delhi has much better roads when compared to Bangalore
Exactly !! Vote wisely and select the right govt which has educated candiates who can take over as CM's and Ministers....

Last edited by jango : 7th December 2007 at 14:43.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:59   #58
BHPian

But there are not many educated people in politics itself. Thats the key problem. How many of us would have had a aim of getting into politics after studies? The answer would be less than 1%. Even we would not want our kids to have that aim for their life.. thats the stage here. Educated people are afraid of getting into politics for the mess it is now. As of now even as citizens we cannot do anything other then crying at these incidents that are happening.. Becuase if you think of doing something good then you'll not be there anymore..
Old 7th December 2007, 15:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

There are good people in politics (relatively) who want good for country and themselves. They are spread across so many parties that even voting for them doesn't make anything good come out of it.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:22   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Exactly !! Vote wisely and select the right govt which has educated candiates who can take over as CM's and Ministers....
Eventually they get tied or bogged down by various other factors. And we head back to Square one all over again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks