Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 20:58   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Thats why I mostly keep my phone in between my laps with face up, so when ever it rings I can just look down to minimise the scanning time. But at the end some one manages to honk.
Sachin that can be very dangerous, I did it a few times and realised that it's a potential hazard and I never do it now.
Imagine you have to suddenly brake or hit a bump or suddenly slow down, the phone can slides off your seat and get jammed between your brake lever !
Old 16th October 2008, 21:04   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Sachin that can be very dangerous, I did it a few times and realised that it's a potential hazard and I never do it now.
Imagine you have to suddenly brake or hit a bump or suddenly slow down, the phone can slides off your seat and get jammed between your brake lever !
Even apart from that, what if you start searching the phone when the phone falls downs from your lap zone? In that case you are sure bound to hit somebody man.
The best thing is to have a earphone or a bluetooth headset and have the mobile in your pocket or else stick it to the mob stand in the car. This too is not a fool proof I know.
Atleast we at Teambhp should adopt this strategy and be literate enough in not going into illegal things(as per RTO mobile phone usage while driving is illegal and can be fined).
Old 16th October 2008, 21:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

Best way to drive safe - Use your handsfree or Bluetooth and put the phone on auto reciever so as soon as call comes it gets picked and you dont need to pic the phone and check the number and get distracted.
If you dont have a handsfree pull over and talk. Let people on road be safe with you
Old 16th October 2008, 21:11   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Best way to drive safe - Use your handsfree or Bluetooth and put the phone on auto reciever so as soon as call comes it gets picked and you dont need to pic the phone and check the number and get distracted.
If you dont have a handsfree pull over and talk. Let people on road be safe with you
Imagine you are cursing your work and your boss, and don't realise that it went on auto answer.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:22   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Imagine you are cursing your work and your boss, and don't realise that it went on auto answer.
Noone can save the person destined to doom.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:47   #141
BHPian

I had a Jabra bluetooth handsfree but the holding clip is lost (in an accident)!!
Cannot find the missing clip anywhere!!! not even jabra retailers!!! or Gaffar market!!!
Now I am taking calls while driving. Not a big problem actually. Although I did scrape my car with a divider once doing that. Had both hands off the wheel cause I was writing some stuff down while taking a call !! Strongly not recommended!!
Old 16th October 2008, 21:55   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
I had a Jabra bluetooth handsfree but the holding clip is lost (in an accident)!!
Cannot find the missing clip anywhere!!! not even jabra retailers!!! or Gaffar market!!!
Now I am taking calls while driving. Not a big problem actually. Although I did scrape my car with a divider once doing that. Had both hands off the wheel cause I was writing some stuff down while taking a call !! Strongly not recommended!!
Taking a call and driving and both hands off for writing - man that was suicidal attempt!
Old 16th October 2008, 21:57   #143
BHPian

I use my Bluetooth enabled HeadUnit (Blaupunkt) to take and make calls. This ensures i dont miss any important calls. Just need to click a button on the headset without taking my eyes off the road.
Old 16th October 2008, 22:05   #144
Senior - BHPian

I don't talk while driving if I can help it. If it's a really important that I'm expecting, I'll pull over and talk.
Old 25th October 2008, 11:03   #145
BHPian

I use my bluetooth, but really I realise more and more that I should not be talking and driving, especially in congested traffic.
Old 25th October 2008, 18:01   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Been there, done that with an equally tricky situation. We had a certain hottie of a neighbour, who happened to pass by where me + my best friend were waxing our cars. Invariably, we ended up discussing her .

Unfortunately the Panasonic phone in my back pocket was set to anykey answer. And my then-girlfriend heard the entire conversation. What happened then? Don't ask
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2008, 23:54   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Taking a call and driving and both hands off for writing - man that was suicidal attempt!

not really, the car was almost still, doing 10kmph max, and it was for a very short while, 5-10sec i guess. I should have pulled over but was in the inside lane and the traffic line had just gone green.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:02   #148
BHPian

I only answer calls when my engine is switched off/idling in one of those huge signals.
Old 7th November 2008, 03:36   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Simple. My driver drives. i speak on phone.
When I am driving, my wife answers the phone
Its the opposite for me -
I drive and driver picks up the phone. If its important he waits till I pull to the side.
I generally never drive alone and when and if my phone would ring when I was driving, I would ignore it. Or try to stop on the side if it got to me.
Old 7th November 2008, 03:48   #150
BHPian

I use a Bluetooth Mirror which hooks up to my phone and displays numbers of incoming calls, it displays names of saved numbers on the mirror - it has a capacity of 200 names.
It has an inbuilt speaker and mike on the mirror itself along with a headset charging on top of the mirror incase I dont want to converse on speaker with other people around.
It has voice dial as well with the touch of the answer button on the mirror as well - havent really used it though.
I can also transfer the call onto my car speakers via an inbuilt FM transmitter.
Whats more, its wirelessly connected to my reversing sensors and displays the distance between any obstacle and my car on the mirror itself - like all reversing sensor systems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks