Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 09:54   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
I use a Bluetooth Mirror which hooks up to my phone and displays numbers of incoming calls, it displays names of saved numbers on the mirror - it has a capacity of 200 names.
It has an inbuilt speaker and mike on the mirror itself along with a headset charging on top of the mirror incase I dont want to converse on speaker with other people around.
It has voice dial as well with the touch of the answer button on the mirror as well - havent really used it though.
I can also transfer the call onto my car speakers via an inbuilt FM transmitter.
Whats more, its wirelessly connected to my reversing sensors and displays the distance between any obstacle and my car on the mirror itself - like all reversing sensor systems.
That's really cool. Can you pls tell me the brand and price of this?
Old 8th November 2008, 08:43   #152
BHPian

I have pared my phone with my car audio and when I get into the car, I just need to turn on the Bluetooth on both devices. Once I get the call the song gets paused and the call is picked up automatically. If it’s good call you will feel lovely to hear from all the speakers and if there is bad call then you know it’s like hell.
Old 8th November 2008, 09:34   #153
BHPian

my phone bluetooth is always on and when i get into my car it gets connected to the car audio system automatically when i get a phone call i just press a button on the steering remote and recieve it
if i have to make a call then i use voice dialing
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2008, 09:55   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
I have pared my phone with my car audio and when I get into the car, I just need to turn on the Bluetooth on both devices. Once I get the call the song gets paused and the call is picked up automatically. If it’s good call you will feel lovely to hear from all the speakers and if there is bad call then you know it’s like hell.

won't everyone sitting in the car hear the conversation !!
Old 13th November 2008, 22:30   #155
BHPian

I've installed Blaupunkt Hamburg HU. It has an inbuilt bluetooth. I have paired my phone with HU. Now whenever I enter the car, the phone gets connected to HU through bluetooth.

A mic is installed near visor and i hear voice in car speakers.
Old 14th November 2008, 02:51   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
won't everyone sitting in the car hear the conversation !!

sorry for going OT.. but 99% I will be driving alone in my car and if someone is next to me, that would be the person who will be calling me
Old 1st December 2008, 19:41   #157
BHPian

you can take the call on the handset as well for as soon as the phone rings you get prompt on display of handset phone ? or blaupunkt
Old 4th December 2008, 14:08   #158
BHPian

I have a bluetooth headset, not Headunit, and use that to answer the phone when I am driving. Needless to say the headset needs to be connected to the phone before you commence driving.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:26   #159
BHPian

I use my Garmin GPS. It has bluetooth and seemlessly works with my phone.

Right now I do it as I feel its the better way but soon this will become a necessity as the govt here is going to ban talking on cellphones while driving. Handsfree solutions are OK but talking with the phone in hand will be a strict no no.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:34   #160
Team-BHP Support

If you use your mobile phone while driving, please DONT.

Next time you are out on the road. Take a moment to check out that erratic driver.
This is the guy who is driving slow and blocking the left lane of a two lane road.
He thinks he is doing his part by slowing down and hence presenting a lesser danger to other.
He thinks he is doing the right thing.

But what he is actually doing is slowing down the entire traffic.
Now no one can use that entire lane because he has effectively blocked it.

Are you any better than this driver.
Old 20th December 2008, 00:04   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Been there, done that with an equally tricky situation. We had a certain hottie of a neighbour, who happened to pass by where me + my best friend were waxing our cars. Invariably, we ended up discussing her .

Unfortunately the Panasonic phone in my back pocket was set to anykey answer. And my then-girlfriend heard the entire conversation. What happened then? Don't ask
GTO. Imagining the rest gives me goosebumps.

I had a similar incident, the difference was that i was talking about my girlfriends and my mom listened to the whole thing.

I would suggest a bluetooth headset, because it gives privacy and is comfortable to a certain extend.
Even thought i can pair my cell to my blapunkt i dont.
One reason is i usually forget to turn my bluetooth on. Keeping it always on leads to
1. Unauthorised entry into phone.
2. Certain mobile viruses spread through BT.
3. Drains cell power.
The other reason why i dont pair it is that i dont really want my co- passengers to listen to my conversations.

Another fact is that i enjoy driving to a great extend that at times i dont even hear my phone ring.
Old 21st December 2008, 22:56   #162
BHPian

My $0.02 on the topic :-

I never try to use / pick up the phone when ever im driving. I let it be on silent mode. After reaching my destination, i check the phone.

I feel driving should be enjoyed and mobiles are just a distraction. Some people on the scene would definately know what im talking about here. Its just the love of driving and not the art of conversation we would be interested in, whilst on the steering wheel. And if you need to do that, you would be a major risk to others inside and outside your car.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:15   #163
BHPian

I use a BlueAnt handsfree set that lateches on to the visor.

Couldn't have been happier. If a call comes in, i just have to reach out to the visor to press yes, and unlike BT handsets, I don't need to remember to put it on my ear before starting off on a trip
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:22   #164
BHPian

I never pick up calls while driving , just look at the name/caller and if its really urgent then stop at a place and call back.

When stuck in traffic and I really have to attend that call , will pick it up , put it on speaker phone , keep the phone in shirt pocket or dashboard to talk.
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:41   #165
Senior - BHPian

in todays traffic its impossible to stop and talk you know... when im on my dads car its easy.. automatic so one hand and one leg needed lol!! so i talk when ever i feel like.. on the palio its a bit tricky.. cos need to handle gear changes.. sms on the go is a big no no i was on a slope in a bit of traffic a bus was in front of me.. i got a message and was taking care of it then i left the brakes and car kissed the back of the bus.. only thing was i got the love bites.. a small dent in the front of my car :( after that i never reply to messages while driving.. calls maybe sometimes.. thinking of a bluetooth in car setup but i travel a lot with people and dont like my conversations being heard... and also hate putting stuff in my ear while driving so all of us once or twice will use a cell phone on the road

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks