Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 19:03   #121
BHPian

i use a jabra bluetooth handsfree. i pair it with my SE w700i. i use it while on bike and car as well. superb voice clarity.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:24   #122
BHPian

Jabra BT 500. Always. Im so happy with it i always keep a spare
Old 9th June 2008, 19:26   #123
BHPian

jabra is one one of the best in bluetooth handsfree.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:00   #124
Max
BHPian

after reading this thread i have decided not to use cell phone while driving car. I agree its dangerous, no matter how multi tasking person you are.

I have seen many bikers talking on cell phone while driving at speeds of 30-40kmph. IMO, its very very dangerous specially on our roads where oil splits, dung, stones are very very common and 2 wheelers can easily slip on them and injure them selfs.

Talking on phone while driving car or 2 wheelers is very dangerous and those who do this should stop them selfs and also teach others not to do so.
Old 2nd July 2008, 09:16   #125
BHPian

Wow this is the question I was waiting for, why at all do we have to recieve a call while driving???? Oh yeah this is that most important call which could make or break my life right??? pull over park and then receive the call my friend...As of me my pda itself doesnt have a very loud ringtone, so it ruefully rings on while I enjoy deep purple, black sab or whatever thats hard and that rocks.....
Old 16th September 2008, 21:48   #126
BHPian

I been driving car for almost 8yrs(Singapore & India). To me, it depends on individuals on how a driver can talk for a 'few mins' and drive at the same time. I never attend calls while riding bike. But I do accept calls when I drive my cars. I use Plantronics Voyager Series (510, 520) Bluetooth headset connected to my Nokia N95-1 mobile. The calls gets attended automatically when i drive my car. Although i don't approve my siblings to attend calls when driving as they are new-drivers, also not many drivers can talk and drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Maruti Esteem Carb '96
Chevrolet Optra 1.8 LT 2006
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:36   #127
Senior - BHPian

I use an ingenious method to take calls while driving. My Nokia is connected to the car audio through one of those MP3 - Cassette adaptors, connected through the handsfree - instead of connecting the earplugs at the stereo output socket I connect it to the adaptor. So I hear the person on the other end through the car speakers while I speak through the handsfree mic which is plugged at the AC vent, while my eyes are focussed on the road and hands are free for the steering wheel and the gears.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:01   #128
BHPian

I feel perfectly comfortable with a hands-free while driving – wired, BT and now a BT HU. However holding the phone in one hand is a strict no.

Some basic questions:
  1. How different is it talking on the hands free (wired or BT headset/car kit) than talking to other passengers in the car?
  2. Is it in some ways better because you will not turn to look or make any expressions?
  3. Which requires more attention (assuming hands free)? – listening or talking?
  4. Does listening to music or radio also dilute attention?
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:20   #129
Senior - BHPian

I use the Bluetooth headset to take calls that are super urgent, usually I stop by the roadside to take any such calls.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:37   #130
BHPian

Even when you are using Bluetooth handsfree the most distracting thing is when an unknown number rings while you are driving.

Mostly we have a perticular ringtone assigned for our known usual numbers (Group or individuals) & when that rings we dont need to see the mobile screen for who is calling.

But when the standard ring is heard, the first thing happens is we look at the mobile screen to identify who is calling & if the call needs to be taken. At that point by natural instinct we take our eyes off the road and for a second we are driving blind.

While driving on a long road when we have seen the road and ongoing traffic for long this is much similar to talking to a copassenger and looking at him, but when we are in bumper to bumper traffic its real bad. The moment you look at the screen the vehicle ahead starts moving and the vehicle behind you starts honking and you suddenly look at the road ahead and press the accelerator to go ahead, this is where all your judgement is on a toss and many times you land up with harsh breaking.

Thats why I mostly keep my phone in between my laps with face up, so when ever it rings I can just look down to minimise the scanning time. But at the end some one manages to honk.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:43   #131
BHPian

Hi,

I use NOkia BH-900 Head set, I am happy with this. you don't have to do so many clicks. and less than 100 gm.
  • Headphones Type Headphone - Monaural
  • Headphones Form Factor Over-the-ear
  • Connectivity Technology Wireless - Bluetooth 2.0 EDR
  • Bluetooth Profiles Hands Free Profile (HFP), Headset Profile (HSP)
  • Sound Output Mode Mono
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:09   #132
BHPian

I don't own a car but when I do - i think I am going to avoid taking calls while driving. We have enough traffic junctions where we have to stop for long. That's the time I can give return calls. Highways is a different story - maybe the cell phone connected to the HU is a good option as its not distracting in any way.

In fact at times, I've seen drivers fiddle with their HUs more than their cell phones. I think that is more dangerous than answering calls.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:08   #133
BHPian

Simple. My driver drives. i speak on phone.
When I am driving, my wife answers the phone
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:20   #134
BHPian

while drivin i just turn on the speaker phone and keep the phone in front of the speedometer so that ther is no chance of cops fining me
Old 16th October 2008, 20:54   #135
BHPian

1. I either use my handsfree if it's already connected.
2. Or park on the side of the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks