Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 20:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

We should always take the delivery from the stock yard and get all the RTO stuff sorted out with us driving.
Doing this to our brand new cars is just not done
Old 14th December 2007, 20:35   #17
BHPian

Never sent the XETA to the RTO, and the only time after the CNG install which is mandatory-Driven by my dad.
Old 14th December 2007, 20:41   #18
BANNED

Hi,

Maybe a bit OT but how many of you guys actually believe the Odometer reading of your new car. Most dealers remove the Speedo cable/speed sensor till before PDI and give you the car showing xyz kms. This is a common practice amongst most dealers.

Viper
Old 14th December 2007, 20:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Most dealers remove the Speedo cable/speed sensor till before PDI and give you the car showing xyz kms.
Most of them even give customer cars for TDs!

I recently got to drive i10. TD car was away, so they have us one from the new batch they got, which was to be delivered later!
Old 14th December 2007, 21:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

It's common. Before we picked up the Innova, i test drove the Hyundai Tucson which still had those white stickers they use to prevent scrathes on new cars.

That car, was supposed to be delivered to some guy in Hubli the next day, and it had just travelled 410kms from Blore. I casually asked the driver how the roads were.

He told me the roads were bad but he still managed to get it in around 4hrs....which adds up to an average speed of 102kmph!!! You have to drive like an absolute maniac to cover 410kms in 4hrs, especially on that stretch of the NH4.

The best i've done is 5hrs 15mins on the Vtec. LOL

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th December 2007 at 21:06.
Old 14th December 2007, 21:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

These dealer guys do not understand the feelings someone has for a new car. I am going to take my next car to the RTO.
Old 14th December 2007, 21:20   #22
BHPian

Picked mine while it was being unloaded from the Just arrived Trailer...So had a Dusty, Brand New car being made ready in front of me.

The Orignal Alloted car, had a dent + scratch also 13 KM on it already....So I din't take that....!
Old 14th December 2007, 22:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

I was not that careful with the delivery of my car. I infact had the sales person drive the car down to my home. All this because I was not very comfortable at that point in driving through Pune's traffic. But I am sure, they could not have ripped my car, because of Pune traffic and roads.
Old 14th December 2007, 23:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe a bit OT but how many of you guys actually believe the Odometer reading of your new car. Most dealers remove the Speedo cable/speed sensor till before PDI and give you the car showing xyz kms. This is a common practice amongst most dealers.
Totally agree with Viper here, many dealers do this and its a common practise. Some companies like Skoda, Toyota, GM, Maruti do allocate specific TD cars with stickers, however sometimes the TD car is not available either because its on a TD or else its been used by the manager of the dealership and thats when such things happen.

Quote:
A Pete'd Swift can totally smoke a stock petrol?
With ease, infact i never went above 2800RPM
Old 15th December 2007, 00:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
this is a common thing nowadays.some people insist on getting deliveries too soon that the formalities of regn should be complete in half the time and things go like what busa told.a humble request to all those who love cars is that do not presurise the dealer to get the vehicle for delivery too soon.give them the time for the formalities and that can solve some of the problem.request to dealer -keep enough drivers so that a driver has to do multiple trips to the rto for the regn.
ram
That means if we pressurise the dealer they will spoil our car.Is that the way a dealer should do?Even they have the pressure no need to push to the rev limit.
Old 15th December 2007, 01:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good morning!

i've heard the same about BAL engines, even maruti me thinks.

brand new engine, filled with engine oil, redlined, held for a minute, and then oil drained, particles removed via magnets, and so on.

Your engines are typically pre-runin.
Old 15th December 2007, 07:24   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Really? But, with the huge volumes that they manage, how could Maruti possibly do that?

I thought this was done only by super-car makers!
Old 15th December 2007, 07:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

I believe some people like to pick up their cars from the stockyard, where the trucks carrying the cars come. I guess this is the best thing to do to prevent any damage to your car.
Old 15th December 2007, 08:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

If this were the case, why would the owner's manual insist on running-in the engine yet again and provide running-in instructions as well ?
Old 15th December 2007, 09:21   #30
Team-BHP Support

I recently talked with my local M.A.S.S works manager and he told me several details. All new engines are run for couple of hours continously without any load to check for any problems. If no problems are detected, then they are plonked into the car. Then the car itself is test driven for few KMs in factory track to test the overall working of the car. If nothing is amiss, then they are sent out for delivery in trucks.

The reason why Maruti insists on oil change in the first 1000Kms is this. The engine still contains the very first oil which was used in the no-load test and later test drive. This will have all the metal shaving from the time when engine started working. Maruti doesn't change the oil just before delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks