Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 19:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Keep away from buses and CAB DRIVERS.
Great to give these one liners but it is impossible to keep away from folks who come and hit you from the back. If it is possible I am curious to know how?
Old 18th December 2007, 20:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

These kind of situations are becoming the order of the day here in bangalore and recently i had a bad experience when a Tempo truck wanted to overtake with virtually no clearance and he dented near the rear end on Hosur Road near HTMT and RNS Motors.
By the time i parked by pulling over ,he just sped away and since the RNS motors guys said that i need to pay only 300 bucks and the rest insurance will take care off, i backed off from complaining because thats another hassle of following it up with police.
Tears almost rolled over when i had seen my ride dented, my irony cant speak kannada ,though that idiotic driver spoke in telugu i felt let down by not knowing kannda...should learn the local language to counteract these goons.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

VJ Maverick,sorry to know about the incident. Well,be glad that the damage wasn't too much. Given that Bangalore is full of such crazy characters,its something to expect all the time(damage to your car/bike).
Knowing the local language sure helps. If not anything else,when such a situation arises,see if you can rope in some friends who are fluent in Kannada.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:45   #19
BANNED

Check this out for some basic stuff T O T A L K A N N A D A Tuitions
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Tears almost rolled over when i had seen my ride dented, my irony cant speak kannada ,though that idiotic driver spoke in telugu i felt let down by not knowing kannda...should learn the local language to counteract these goons.
Old 21st December 2007, 01:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Bus drivers are one of the most serious menace on the road. They usually have the support of the passengers, and with the confidence of being in a mass of people they push on, bully other road users.

Many a times they willfully block other road users, just to derive some sadistic pleasures, some of which are shared by the passengers as well. There has been countless times on the highway that I have had trouble getting my right of way from a bus (especially if it is govt owned). One even went as far as to swerve (for no apparent reason) as I was overtaking it.

(Yes I dont honk all the time, and I know it displeases many folks).
Old 21st December 2007, 04:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Yesterday(sunday) night i was waiting for parcel in my car opposite to empire restaurent.I saw a green coloured bus going down the road at mad speeds.It looked very scary.And at the junction(near to the petrol pump) it hit a maruthi esteem and went without stopping.The esteem looked seriously damaged and the passengers i hope is not seriously injured.The time was around 1pm.

These kind of drivers should be hanged........
You saw this happen, you were sitting in your own vehicle at the time and could have pursued the bus and at least written down its numbers and turned the vehicle in to the police and to the Esteem driver. But you did not do anything? Or was it that you COULD not do anything? These things will happen until people start getting involved and come forward as witnesses.
Old 21st December 2007, 06:47   #22
BHPian

Similar **** happened to me. SUV did a hit and run on my new car. First thing I did was note down it's license no. and file a FIR. Waiting to see what happens. Probably nothing - am not expecting any compensation. But as long as the police harass the owner and driver, I am happy. Maybe he'll think twice next time before driving rashly.
Old 21st December 2007, 20:08   #23
BHPian

Sorry guys it was 1 AM.Yes i was sitting in my vehicle and was not in a situation to drive.My friend had gone inside the hotel.I got out of the car and went to the spot and the esteem looked pathetic with bonnet bumpers all fallen down.I could see some bikers chasing the bus but not sure whether they got it.

The scariest part of the whole scene was the way in which the bus was coming down the road.I am sure the driver is not sleep.he is DRUNK and drunk like hell.....He was zig zagiing in the traffic at a very high speed and was throwing the bus around like a car.

Its not big bus.kind of minibus but tall.
Old 21st December 2007, 21:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Similar **** happened to me. SUV did a hit and run on my new car. First thing I did was note down it's license no. and file a FIR. Waiting to see what happens. Probably nothing - am not expecting any compensation. But as long as the police harass the owner and driver, I am happy. Maybe he'll think twice next time before driving rashly.
Well I hope the cops atleast take up the case,and try to locate the guy who rammed into your car.
Its quite an annoying thing. You get hit by these morons on the road,and all the money gets drained from your pockets. If the guy gets caught,atleast he ought to pay up to fix all damages.
Old 21st December 2007, 23:05   #25
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Old 21st December 2007, 23:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

haha..good one,Ram.
Makes sense...Better to make way for a bigger vehicle,rather than stand in its path and take a beating.
cheers:
Old 22nd December 2007, 01:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

haha.. Good one Ram.. I should get a sticker made and put one on my safari..

Goddy
Old 22nd December 2007, 09:09   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
haha.. Good one Ram.. I should get a sticker made and put one on my safari..

Goddy
That's a very good idea Dont include the words though let it be symbolic!

Most Viewed