Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 12:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toll charge on 2 laned roads

I was reading this in TOI.
Toll will be charged on all the two lane roads which will be used for the construction of highways till 2015. Find this really outrageous for the Govt to keep taxing us after all the vehicles pay so much as Road tax and after the cess which is there on every litre of fuel purchased how can they still start toll on roads? Is it right? Dont you think that the money already which is being paid is not used well? Should we not protest over such a move?
Old 18th December 2007, 12:16   #2
BHPian

I too read it in todays paper,yeah i think we should protest against this,what is the use of paying more money unless there is benefit for those who travel on these roads
Old 18th December 2007, 13:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Even i read the same.. but doesnt make sense..

paying tax for what ? the horrible roads on which we travel !!!!

with what face will they stop us at the toll gate and ask !!!
Old 18th December 2007, 15:35   #4
BHPian

What atrocity is this. Middle class dont have a mechanism to protest. In chennai the IT highway of 20 kms stretch is going to be a toll road. All the IT companies pay hefty amount as tax and their employees too. The govt make a road for them and is going to charge to use that! Heights!

Yesterday a lady was walking in the middle of that road with a big basket in her hip and accidentally my left mirror touched it and she mouthed all known foul words at me! Cheap no tax payer, illiterate know no rules. I am frustrated seeing these idiots who dont pay tax and abuse the tax payers of this country and misuse all public property. No use paying tax. Govt is run by idiots and spineless #$#%$#.
Old 18th December 2007, 15:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well the government better scrap the rule or they will take a beating
Old 18th December 2007, 17:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
All the IT companies pay hefty amount as tax and their employees too.
OT:.. erm.. IT companies don't pay tax.. we do !! They have a tax holiday until 2008-9. But I agree.. making IT highway a toll road is a joke.. where is the road in the first place !!
Old 18th December 2007, 19:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT:.. erm.. IT companies don't pay tax.. we do !! They have a tax holiday until 2008-9. But I agree.. making IT highway a toll road is a joke.. where is the road in the first place !!
Not a full tax holiday. They do have stuff like OMAT: Operating Margin After Tax. So there is tax but may be less until 2009. (OT)
Old 18th December 2007, 21:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Very strange one for sure! If governement provide good roads yes definately we will pay tax to use it but hardly i find at least one good road from the begining to end, there is one or other issue in every road in India, there is no end to work in progress.

About tax on IT companies.

From this April 2007 there is new tax introduced and along with regular FTB and other tax. There is tax of aprox. 14% on dividend also.

So Taxing is more than 30% on profit and exchange rates have come down very much which has made IT companies profit come down apart from regular bribe to governement officials for various reasons.

Governement is looting every business in india too much, its increasing year by year! Untill there is stable good minded governement this will continue. I wish one day IT people rule Indian governement, I am waiting for that day!

I guess world war which might happen in coming years is answer to
end of bad people and make way to genius and honest person in this world.

I pray GOD to kill only bad people in the world war this time!

Ravi.
Old 18th December 2007, 21:15   #9
BHPian

Well the thing is that how much tax r we guys payin.

If we take a braod estimate:

IT(Income Tax)--> Rs. 20K.
Sales Tax: Rs. 25K.
Tax on Purchase of Car: Rs. 40K.
Road Tax: Rs. 4K(abt.)
Highway Tax (monthly one trip of abt 600 kms): Rs. 400
Cess on Petrol: Dunno!
Many other unforeseen Taxes.

The thing is one person is paying up all these taxes , counting all of us or for instance all the tax payers. It reaches into thousand of crores.

What the govt does is waste the sessions in the Lok sabha by banging on tables or going for knee transplantations.

I mean no offence to anyone, but i think its high time this changes.

isi baat pe ek dialogue yaad aaya from johnny Gaddar: It goes like Jiske upar bhagwaan ka haath ho uspe kabhi ungli nahi karni chahiye

Maybe this is true for our netajis!!!!

But god forbidden another tax & that too Re. 0.39/km . I m on a Highway to Hell!!!!!
Old 18th December 2007, 21:17   #10
BANNED

The govts in this country will have enough money to build and maintain road if there is no minister for the public works department; and the PWDs themselves are dismantled. More than 75% of money spent on roads are gobbled by these drains.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

ravibhat I dont agree with you. An IT guy will always think about his field. We need an educated person to run the place but he should not have a soft corner for any field or for any set of people. What we need is equality. Looking at the way all the Govts run its simple Divide and rule waala funda. Catch an issue dont solve it and then milk it for your profit.
Why dont they take up real issues rather than adding one more tax. One day we will become a place like london where the rich have houses but dont stay because of the tax system.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not a full tax holiday. They do have stuff like OMAT: Operating Margin After Tax. So there is tax but may be less until 2009. (OT)
If u know OMAT, then surely u wud have been/are in Infy . i want to see what OMAT becomes once the tax holiday ends next year OT
Old 20th December 2007, 17:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Very strange one for sure! If governement provide good roads yes definately we will pay tax to use it but hardly i find at least one good road from the begining to end, there is one or other issue in every road in India, there is no end to work in progress.

About tax on IT companies.

From this April 2007 there is new tax introduced and along with regular FTB and other tax. There is tax of aprox. 14% on dividend also.

So Taxing is more than 30% on profit and exchange rates have come down very much which has made IT companies profit come down apart from regular bribe to governement officials for various reasons.

Governement is looting every business in india too much, its increasing year by year! Untill there is stable good minded governement this will continue. I wish one day IT people rule Indian governement, I am waiting for that day!

I guess world war which might happen in coming years is answer to
end of bad people and make way to genius and honest person in this world.

I pray GOD to kill only bad people in the world war this time!

Ravi.
I have a fantastic idea , lets gather all indian people who have contested in any kind of election from 1947 till today and shoot them dead. And voila, we have a clean system
Old 20th December 2007, 17:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

I do not mind paying toll fee as long as the road is worth it. but if we have to pay and we have all tom-dick and harry, from every village that is besides the road, constructing their own 6foot speed breakers, i get pissed!
Old 20th December 2007, 18:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What atrocity is this. Middle class dont have a mechanism to protest.
Who says we don't have a way to protest? Problem is car owners are not united. As a protest, if all car owners simultaniously refuse to pay toll at the toll plaza's what do you think the government will do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks