Team-BHP - Shocking - Mumbai Traffic Police encounter
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Shocking - Mumbai Traffic Police encounter (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/33472-shocking-mumbai-traffic-police-encounter-3.html)

so is the whole LBS marg dug up ? :(

btw what car were you using normally_crazy ?

Extremely shocking, callous and irresponsible behaviour. And on top the Police high ups say that their personnel are being trained to be friendly and co-operative with the public.

Actually the malaise lays somewhere else - right at the top echelons of the police heirarchy. If you register a FIR then after a particular period of time the PS has to report the progress of the case and try to solve it. If it remains unsolved then it adds to the crime graph of the area. So, very few numbers of FIRs registered. Similarly, this hold true for all other cases as well.

If the Havildar would have flashed a messge to the control room then and there, it would have become a medico-legal case along with hit & run and a major headache to the police dept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 668061)
This is our Traffic Police Dept. - how do you except anything good to happen ?

You are absolutely spot on. I was once caught talking on mobile by a cop who said that the fine for doing so was Rs.1000/-. I said ok and took out 1k and asked him to issue a challan.

He was flabbergasted. Said he didn't have the authority to issue a 1k challan and that only his sergeant was the one to do so. I asked him to call him. He said for that I'll have to go to the PS. I refused saying that the offence was committed here and the sergeant or whoever bloody well be here to collect the fine amount. Then the cop said ' saab, kuch le de ke khatam karo'. I said fine, sat in my car and drove away. Could see his stunned and fuming face in the RVM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdriver2000 (Post 697474)
I do not agree completely to this. Have you tried asking cops to take the full fine and give you a reciept? They will refuse to do so saying they are not carrying any challans. They force you to bribe them.

And the cops won't even take logical reasons et all.

To sight an example my friend had stitches on his head still the cops stopped him and fined him for not wearing a helmet:Shockked: and he was on the pillion seat.

They have lost all sense of humanity.
I know that abusive language is not allowed her, still they are @$#0!%^%!@^!^&.

Please fill in what you think is suitable for such people.

@ normally_crazy - good job bro .. some day some where the auto guy will get paid back in some form or the other for his actions .. make peace with this issue by believing so ..

I feel that cops in Tamil Nadu .. especially in Coimbatore are pretty decent .. very rarely do they try and charge you for really silly reasons .. they do their work pretty diligently .. and tehy talk in such a well mannered way .. always addressing the person as 'Sir' .. they are like the best cops i have ever interacted with ..

the Kerala Police is another story altogether .. hehe .. i need not expand much on this as i am sure that anyone who has been in kerala .. lived here or just come on a visit .. howveer short it may have been would have encountered the "hospitality" of the Kerala Police .. I have this little incident to share with you all .. it happened last week .. A friend of mine came over one night and we went out to meet some friends at a lounge bar here in cochin .. my friend left his Yamaha Rx135 outside my house over the concrete slabs covering the gutter which is part of my property. my friend decides to tag along with some others to a club and he normally picks his bike up when hes on his way home .. When i come home at 2am i notice his bike is parked in an odd angle so i keep it parallel to the wall .. at around 3 i hear the bike has been started and ridden off .. so iassume my friend has taken it and gone .. the next day he calls me and asks me where his bike is .. to which my reply was i dont know! he then gets his RC book and goes to the station near my house and the cops check the vehicle number. they then proceed to tell him that the bike is in their custody. when asked why they had taken the bike they said they got complaints from neighbours that the bike had been there for weeks! and they asked for 150 rupees as transportation charge as the supposedly hired an auto to take the bike to the station. my friend checked the bike out and he sees that some ignition wire has been detached and he said " the bike was ridden here and not brought by auto" .. the sops were like that we dont remember .. now pay the charges and go ,.. he didnt want to complicated things and since he was happy he got his bike back he paid and left. we actually thought someone stole it! but thankfully it was the police who did!

whats this country coming to ?!?!

*** cops hotwiring bikes ?

hehe .. man you cant imagine how we felt ,... for one we were glad we got the bike back and the fact that it wasnt stolen and gone forever was a relief .. on the other hand we had to comply with the cops looting us in this way!!

Well a bike is more important than some 150/-. :) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 706549)
Then the cop said ' saab, kuch le de ke khatam karo'. I said fine, sat in my car and drove away. Could see his stunned and fuming face in the RVM.

That's amusing! But then, aren't these guardians of vehicular righteousness armed with the right to slap any charges at their whims on any vehicle? You know, something like charging a case of 'dangerous driving' on you since he anyway has your vehicle number, which can be sent to your home address.

In what way can the common guy on the road counter false charges like that?

I dunno about others, but if such a case as what you suppose happens to me, then I'm determined enough to contest it in the court and take it to its logical end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skandyhere (Post 716579)
That's amusing! But then, aren't these guardians of vehicular righteousness armed with the right to slap any charges at their whims on any vehicle? You know, something like charging a case of 'dangerous driving' on you since he anyway has your vehicle number, which can be sent to your home address.

In what way can the common guy on the road counter false charges like that?

the problem in India and the world today is that persons who have humanity and honesty are considered abnormal.
The Police is worse rather most awful wretched money sucking vampire.

i have gone thru this personal experience of doing good (lengthy episode on Dec 26, 2007 when on brief visit to India) and these Cops the 1, 2 & 3 stripers are only there like hyenas and the havaldars like vultures to do the final cleaning.

for sometime I was on the verge of creating some violence Terminator style but then I thank God there was some patience left or else I would be done in some encounter.

normally @ good to have people like you around:thumbs up.
its good for your conscience that YOU DID something rather think later that you could have done something.

Their first question whenever they hold someone is pawti banau kya? They are unfortunately the biggest criminals on road.