Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 16:06   #46
BHPian

The Azad market area .. Old Delhi .. is utter chaos .. during peak hours ..

U decide to take ur vehichle to the Sadar Bazar or the Nai-Sadak Area(Chandni Chowk) then god help u !!!
Old 17th January 2008, 16:46   #47
BHPian

Another new one from here

Velacherry Bypass road. (Morning 7-10 evening 6-10)

Geeks,My House is right on this road and i am facing difficulty in taking the vehicle out :-(
Old 17th January 2008, 17:10   #48
BHPian

to add up in chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Nelso manickam road, sterling road, chetpet bridge
Kodambakkam hi Rd, thiruvanmayur junc, nandanam junction
Old 17th January 2008, 17:12   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
North of my house, West of my house and South of my house. So do you think I should go East for solitude? Of course not, as the Hussain Sagar is right next to my house on the East.
God help me !!
Do you stay near necklace road or gandhinagar, lower tankbund? I feel that begumpet to nagarjuna circle and taj krishna to Khairtabad cross roads and Khairtabad cross roads to S.R nagar are the only major hitch areas in entire hyderabad.
Old 17th January 2008, 17:15   #50
BHPian

City: Bangalore.
Place: Mysore road, the stretch from BHEL junction to rajeshwarinagar entrance. Nightmare starts at 8.30am, and gets worse during peak hours. The traffic cops switch off the signal lights and man the junctions themselves, leading to a huge build up of traffic on the road. Besides that, the other culprits are the BMTC drivers who stop right in the middle of the road without any regard to the traffic behind them!!
Old 17th January 2008, 17:23   #51
BANNED

I will few spots in mumbai :
1) Times of India signal at malad on W.E Highway
2) Thakur Complex ta Kandivali on W.E Highway ( Now a days takes 45 mins to clear span of 1.5 km )
3) Saidham Mandir at Kandivali on W.E Highway
Old 17th January 2008, 18:07   #52
BHPian

Noida to Kalindikunj any time. Very bad roads and unwanted cuts adding to more chaos
Old 18th January 2008, 09:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Noida to Kalindikunj any time. Very bad roads and unwanted cuts adding to more chaos
Every day I have to cross Kalindi Kunj on the way home from office in Nehru Place. Wish they build a flyover from Modi Mill to Amity crossing
Old 25th January 2008, 00:22   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
City: Bangalore.
Place: Mysore road, the stretch from BHEL junction to rajeshwarinagar entrance. Nightmare starts at 8.30am, and gets worse during peak hours. The traffic cops switch off the signal lights and man the junctions themselves, leading to a huge build up of traffic on the road. Besides that, the other culprits are the BMTC drivers who stop right in the middle of the road without any regard to the traffic behind them!!

yeah thats the worst thing, it extends all the way till the flyover, donno how the cops think switching off the signal and manning it themselves is a better thing to do.

also, tumkur road-ring road junction(gorgunte palya) till hesarghatta cross.. super horrible traffic. I think they've started the road widening now, hope that reduces the congestion a bit.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:02   #55
Team-BHP Support

In Pune I do a cross country of driving 22kms one way to work (from one end to the other literally). Here's the regular traffic jams I encounter:

1) Pune Central junction - Shivaji Nagar. The mall has created a traffic chaos with a bus stop right outside it to complicate matters.

2) Shivaji Nagar Rly station junction at Shimla Office. The problem creators are PMC / PCMC buses but its not their fault. Its a design fault. On the extreme left of the road about 75 feet before the traffic light are three bus stops in a row and most of the buses that halt here have to cross two lanes within 75 feet and take a right at Shimla office junction to reach Modern Cafe chowk.

3) Sancheti Hospital flyover. to reach COEP. Wonder when they'll make this an 8 lane bridge considering the fact that it falls at one of the ends of the Mumbai Pune highway and you have everything from truck traffic to pvt. office buses coming from PCMC industrial area to State transport buses coming in from Bombay using this flyover.

4) Optionally if I don't turn left at Sancheti and go straight I have to battle for life as I was about to get killed thrice on this junction on my bike. The problem here is that you reach an undivided four lane road at a signal where you can't take a right so smart Punekars decide to go straight at the junction and immediately take a U-turn from whichever lane they are in. Imagine starting off a signal and seeing an auto rickshaw or a call center cab dead perpendicular on the road when you are accelerating in gears and stopping is nowhere remotely on your mind.

5) As soon as you cross the courts continuing on the road mentioned in #4 you'll reach a bridge which is a single lane bridge again undivided and you have traffic all over the bridge right from the start until you reach the traffic light at Juna bazaar chowk. To add to the traffic most users jump lanes and block on coming traffic to ensure smooth flow of traffic .

6) Next would be the signal opposite hotel coconut groove, Thankfully the municipality resurfaced these roads very recently to ensure that the divider no longer serves any purpose other than holding street lights. Its like a nice paddock created for trucks / ricks / etc to jump over the divider and go to the other side of the road. Like a free U-turn everywhere.

7) Sassoon hospital junction. They are trying to make a subway here for the last 3-4 years if I am not mistaken and a major part of the road is yet under construction. I think some construction company could practically hand craft a subway and air lift it and place it in the middle of this junction in the said time and I am sure it would cost less as well .

8) Sadhu Waswani junction. An island junction where you can't do much. Not as bad though. It clears quite fast.

9) Fatima Nagar junction on Hadapsar road. Bottle neck traffic and as soon as you cross this you have a wonderful highway (3 lanes each mind you) full of trucks that overtake each other at 5 - 10 kmph. The municipality decided to have a dedicated lane for buses so we are left with two crunched lanes used by everything other than PMC / PCMC buses all the way upto Magarpatta junction.

Phew I can't type anymore.
Old 25th January 2008, 12:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Do you stay near necklace road or gandhinagar, lower tankbund? I feel that begumpet to nagarjuna circle and taj krishna to Khairtabad cross roads and Khairtabad cross roads to S.R nagar are the only major hitch areas in entire hyderabad.
Near Necklace Road ---walkable from the MMTS station, between Skoda service centre and Merc service centre.
Old 25th January 2008, 12:36   #57
BHPian

Let us re-phrase the question ---> Which is the only road that you like to be on in Mumbai? This will be one tough question to answer, considering there's not even 1 piece or road left where traffic density is thin.
Old 25th January 2008, 13:15   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Let us re-phrase the question ---> Which is the only road that you like to be on in Mumbai? This will be one tough question to answer, considering there's not even 1 piece or road left where traffic density is thin.
I likes All Roads of Mumbai between 1.30 am to 4.00 am
Old 25th January 2008, 13:22   #59

The whole of chennai city has bad traffic jams but the worse ones would be the so called signal before adayar bridge(before mgr janaki college) and the whole of chetpet bridge. I don't know if chennai guys heard of this place called perambur near the outskirts of the city but during the rains forget your plans about going to that area...
Old 25th January 2008, 13:54   #60
BHPian

North Madras is typically like that during the rainy season. Guys, you missed out on West Mambalam. No prizes for guessing that I'm put up here..Nightmare is not the word if you take your car oput for a drive towards ECR. heard these days that even ECR is jam packed !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks