Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 22:25   #76
BHPian

One more emerging nightmare in Hyderabad is the Nagarjuna Circle itself. Because of the flyover construction going on there, the circle has become very chaotic. Traffic police are rarely found there and even when they are present, they can hardly keep things under control. Especially for vehicles going from Punjagutta towards Road No. 2 (TOI office), it's a very challenging task as there is this steep uphill starting at the circle and it gets very crowded with 2 wheelers from other sides jutting in - one's got to be very skillful then.
Old 15th March 2008, 19:16   #77
BHPian

In Baroda.
Raopura and nearby areas
Mandvi
Railway Station

Impossible to drive and insanely difficult to cross these roads.
Old 15th March 2008, 19:19   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
One more emerging nightmare in Hyderabad is the Nagarjuna Circle itself. Because of the flyover construction going on there, the circle has become very chaotic. Traffic police are rarely found there and even when they are present, they can hardly keep things under control. Especially for vehicles going from Punjagutta towards Road No. 2 (TOI office), it's a very challenging task as there is this steep uphill starting at the circle and it gets very crowded with 2 wheelers from other sides jutting in - one's got to be very skillful then.
i take that road daily for my work so i know what you mean.
Old 17th March 2008, 23:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

Palarivattom jn, and MG road in cochin! hopeless areas!!
Old 18th March 2008, 02:45   #80
BHPian

The whole length of the BRT bus corridor which is comming up for hell knows what reason??? Right from Khanpur to Lajpat Nagar. Delhi's worst nightmare and Chirag Dilli in that same corridor take the crown with jams so huge it takes 30min to 1hr minimum to cross the length from Sheikh Sarai-Chirag Dilli-Lajpat Nagar which should be just about 5kms approx....Sheer Madness.
I would have appreciated the government if it were for something better for the public but reserving 65%plus of the road for a dedicated bus service and leaving the rest for Delhi's ever increasing traffic is stupid and till date it has only caused deaths and everyday i see accidents where if not "anyone" cars surely get damaged. Hell! i think the traffic is anyways frying my clutch plates....Sorry for the frustration guys but i am sure Bhpians froms Delhi using that route will agree with me.
Old 18th March 2008, 05:23   #81
BHPian

@ Mumbai - Haji Ali.
If you find traffic here, your a goner. This 6 lane 1 km long road takes not more than 2 mins (literally) to pass when empty. But god help you if it's jammed. There is no u-turn the entire lenght of it (which is a good thing,else there would be accidents all over the place) and when jammed, it takes at least 45 mins to cross in normal weather.

During rains, it has personally taken me about 2 hours to cross this 2 min road. Never went above 1st gear and speed of 4kmph whenever the car moved.

P.S. - The going to Peddar road side.

Last edited by Xehaust : 18th March 2008 at 05:26.
Old 18th March 2008, 06:37   #82
BHPian

This is my daily dose of a Jam in Blr; from Agara Junction (near HSR Layout) to ORR Sarjapur Signal; and later near St. Peters at Sarjapur. Thought i travel 6 Kms to work it takes approx 30 minutes every day.
Old 18th March 2008, 10:42   #83
BHPian

Bangalore: I am unable to decide the winner between KR Puram or Agara/Silk Board
Old 18th March 2008, 10:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I persistently avoid that road on my way to office. Instead, I go via Raj Bhwan Road, KCP Jn (Erra Manzil) and Taj Krishna/ Rd #10, though it is 2 kms longer. I used to take the Nagarjuna circle on my return due to the new flyover getting thrown open since November, but for the past week I am avoiding it as the curve in the flyover near Chutney's is choking traffic. I guess it should be over in a couple of weeks.
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:51   #85

I agree absolutely for the Mekhri - Nandidurga road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
In bangy a few to name

Mekhri Circle to NandiDurga Road.
Mekhri Circle to Sankey Road towards Minsk Square.
MG Road.
Hosur Road and this road its in-definite. Traffic jams even at 11pm.
We have to wait for atleast 9 signals before we reach Mekhri circle from T.V. tower. This is absolute torture by the traffic police as we find hardly 20 vehicles on the opposite road (coming for Yeshwantpur) waiting for the green signal. Here we end up with traffic piling for nearly 3 kms on one end and 30 metres at the other end. Disgusting to be called Silicon capital of India
Old 4th April 2008, 13:10   #86
Senior - BHPian

I have some favourite junctions.

1. Kathipara junction in Chennai is widely known when it comes to traffic jams. Now a days it has become so very dusty because of the flyover construction. I was in Chennai last November and I spent about 45 minutes to cross this junction. How is it now? Any idea?

When I was working in Chennai 4 years back, I used to face a harrowing time at this junction every day. And when the CM passes through, it is easily one and a half hours gone!!!

2. Lulla Nagar to Kondhwa signal. This one of the worst stretches and Golibar Maidan and Shivaji Nagar signals in Pune come second. I regulary get jammed in these signals during peak time.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
1. Kathipara junction in Chennai is widely known when it comes to traffic jams. Now a days it has become so very dusty because of the flyover construction. I was in Chennai last November and I spent about 45 minutes to cross this junction.
Tell me about it !! Last time I went there, I looked out the plane's window as it was about to land and peered at the scene below. And I went "Uh-oh.. %#$#$@#". Needless to say, I was stuck for 1 hour.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:28   #88

Yep, Kathipara is getting better.
Nandanam signal, Near Rajbhavan and in north usman road(Not sure after the new flyover).

If u listen Radio Mirchi, above places are regular in peak hour traffic updates.
Old 4th April 2008, 15:22   #89
BHPian

One Most famous of all, before the JJ fly over was built!!

The Stretch from Crawfort market To the JJ hospital Junction, then goes on till Nagpada junction (one after we get down from the flyover towards dadar side).

Now a days there is constant jam at The JJ flyover to but then only during peak hours.

The Back road as i call which starts from GPO (Vt) and goes till SION, Nightmare if there is a single truck break down.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:51   #90
BHPian

Any road leading to a government run liquor shop during peak hours(reads after 6 p.m) in Kerala is a traffic nightmare

Most Viewed