Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 10:21   #121
BHPian

Re: Which is your worst traffic spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post

The Metro Rail work going on between 7 Bunglows to Andheri Amboli Naka too sucks especially at the Garden Court junction. Especially between 8:00am and 10:00am.

And also at the Juhu circle especially where the 1st Road meets the 10 th road and then proceeds to Versova link road and Lokhandwala complex.
How about the portion of SV road between Shopper Stop (Andheri) to Jogeshari. Its always crowded and more so at peak hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
In Mumbai, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 1.5 km stretch from Marol Fire Stn. to Saki Naka. Evergreen traffic ! Thanks to Mr. ADAG, Metro Work going on. The road is completely uneven. Kahin Concrete kahin Tiles. Kahin Uppar Kahin Neeche.
The last occassion when I used this road was around 7-8 months back when I used to go to Vikhroli for work. Really surprised that its still not been worked upon. Maybe they are waiting for the Metro construction to complete before starting work on the road. When the metro construction will complete is anybody's guess

With the rains around the corner (i hope it rains in June!) this road is set to get worser and add to our travails :(
Old 15th April 2011, 02:44   #122
BHPian

Another bottle neck in Mumbai.

Road from Babulnath temple in south mumbai all the way till the Heera Panna shopping centre junction between 6:00 pm onwards till 9:00pm. Even if a tortoise begins his journey he'll beat us to his home (literally)

Then again the Kalanagar signal at Bandra East (Western Highway) starting at the Bandra Flyover all over till one hits the Santacruz airport, just went thru this ordeal today inspite of today being a public holiday in Mumbai.

It took me 2.5 hours from Wilson college till Irla bridge this evening after I left at 6:15pm approx.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:42   #123
BHPian

BTM to Silk Board.
This is never going to clear up.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:57   #124
BHPian

Pune:

Closer to work - Shivaji Chowk at Hinjewadi during peak hours
Closer to Home - Chandni chowk overbridge. Not slow traffic but chaotic
Old 15th April 2011, 10:34   #125
BHPian

Chennai - Porur junction. The traffic moves in inches right from Shell petrol bunk on the guindy side upto the signal, especially in the evening. The road which is quite wide becomes narrow to almost a single lane as it nears the junction. It takes about 30 mts to cross this 1km stretch. The traffic is chaotic due to high number of share autos, heavy vehicles, mini goods carriers, private buses and two wheelers. Making things worse is the presence of rows of shops who encroach part of the available space and also park their vehicles on the road.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:15   #126
BHPian

Belandur junction on ORR, Bangalore. It's worse than the worst!
It takes minimum 15-20 mins to cross this junction!
Old 15th April 2011, 16:12   #127
BHPian

Which is your worst traffic spot?-hell.jpg
This is the worst place I could ever end up at, unfortunately, everyday, when I live in Bangalore.
Total chaos all the time here; the policemen at this signal are complete wimps.
They force people to take a left even though it is red.
It takes me 5-10 minutes just to take a U-turn here.

There are many more places, which I shall write about later.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:22   #128
BHPian

Though still a nightmare, I would vote for the Panjagutta junction before the flyover became operational. My record time for crossing the signal from Nagarjuna Circle (less than half-a-kilometre away) stands at 2 hours.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:45   #129
BHPian

When one comes off the BWSL on the Bandra side, there is a major jam during evenings around Lilavati hospital. Sometimes it take upto 15 minutes to cross this to get to Carter road.
The major disappointment is the superfast movement on the sealink and a big let down at the Lilavati junction
Old 15th April 2011, 17:14   #130
BHPian

In Pune there are plenty. But for me:

1. Hinjewadi on route to phase 1 office and back (daily)
2. Santosh Hall signal on Sinhgad road (at times have taken more than 15-20 miutes to cross 1 km strech, going out or coming in to Suncity road) (almost twice a week, mostly on weekends)
3. I keep visiting Laxmi raod, Tilak road and other internal routes around it once a month and they are horrible

This is my first post
Old 15th April 2011, 17:19   #131
Team-BHP Support

There are a couple of bad bottlenecks in the city.

- The stretch from the beginning of CMH Road and the Ulsoor Police Station junction towards Trinity Circle is a massive bottleneck. Once you get past that signal, you will be greeted by a nice wide road with the metro-bridge running along the middle. It's all good till you reach the Lido Mall T-Junction. The road becomes insanely narrow and right there is a bus-stop and that completely blocks the flow of traffic for a good 10-15 minutes every day.

- Richmond Road right after Vellara Junction, just before Baldwin Girls' School is a nightmare. The BMTC buses try and out do each other here. If one bus stops on the side at the stop, the bus behind him will overtake him and either stop in front of him or by his side. And just like how the rats in Pied Piper, all the buses follow suit. The road is absolutely chaotic during peak hours, with buses and auto-rickshaws and taxis trying to get past each other and switch lanes. It's horrifying when they swerve across the road in a bid to get to their lane as that road divides into three when the flyover comes up.

- St. John's Road towards Nandi Durga Road right at the AKS Convention Hall is an absolute mess. People behind you try and get in front by driving/riding on the wrong side. They end up blocking traffic and nobody goes forward after that. That road needs a solid divider!

- Airport Road near the Lifestyle junction is horrendous during peak hours.
Old 15th April 2011, 18:52   #132
BHPian

With due respects to all posters and the person who started this road, I believe that this should have been a city specific thread and we should also mention other shortcuts which one can take to avoid the jams.
Old 16th April 2011, 04:47   #133
BHPian

Excellent idea. The purpose of this thread is defeated due to all the random geographies that are present. Segregating by cities (just like the TBHP Directory) will make it extremely useful for everyone & also add value to BHP itself.
Old 14th December 2017, 11:29   #134
BHPian

Finally after all these years, the Maruti temple on JVLR in front of IIT Powai has been demolished.
Attached Thumbnails
Which is your worst traffic spot?-img20171214wa0001.jpg  

Which is your worst traffic spot?-img20171214wa0002.jpg  

Which is your worst traffic spot?-img20171214wa0003.jpg  

Which is your worst traffic spot?-img20171214wa0004.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks