Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 13:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Will post a detailed one on my bad experience later sometime which lead me to write the above ....its close to a year anniversary now !
Awaiting your report. You seemed to have got into a mess there.

There was a similar problem 2 days ago where drunk guys asked me to move my car as it was supposedly parked near their auto stand. this was at 11 30 PM and there was no auto in sight.

I did it immediately without asking a "why?" or even a questioning glance. However, they seem to have somehow felt intimidated by my look (dont know why) and they planned to do something harmful to me.

Luckily my frinds overheard them and asked me to leave, which I did immediately.

Most of the times, the best was of solving a problem is avoiding it.

Looking intimidating is sometimes enough for the other guys to back off, thereby saving your time, money and trouble.
Old 7th February 2008, 13:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
How about using very diluted nitric acid in a aluminum spray can? Aluminum can withstand nitric acid, and the acid would be pretty useful as a last ditch defence spray!
Don't even think of this idea. This will definately land you in Jail. It is a criminal offence to use/throw acid on other person.
Old 9th February 2008, 03:41   #33
BHPian

Read this thread after the event. Yes, got mugged. 10:30 pm, deserted road, nobody around, two guys with long knives, 'relieved' me of two cellphones, 1500 rs cash and my driver's license. Money was not the worrying thing, it was myself.

Like it was in someone's signature - everyone's entitled to be stupid, but I really abused the privilege! lol... don't ask me the details. I'm disturbed with my own self.
Old 9th February 2008, 05:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
k36 - From personal experience of having been in a mugging (my car hit a bike suddenly put in front of me to cause an accident - by people wanting to then extort money !!!) ...the car Ford Ikon(my own - now sold) I was in was pretty tough. Here are my observations:
  • The door panels withstood kicking (no dents at all) and the glass when fully rolled up didnt break/crack from kicks and blows by hands of several people. It did sound bad - but was OK !
  • When the windows are rolled down they lose their strength and can be broken by a person pulling on it when just a 1/4 way down (experienced first hand) !
  • Bumpers will invariably come loose if you hit anything solid as they are plastic and the wheel mudguards as well will scrape on the ground. This may affect your escape plans. Also if your fenders are damaged enough to cut your tires you are in trouble.
  • Depending on what you hit your radiator may be damaged(in a head on) and your car may overheat soon and become undrivable- keep this in mind if you are driving in a lonely part of town and are trying to outrun someone.
  • You are pretty safe when in the vehicle and max you will get punched in the face and shoulder area. It is better to use your hands to protect your face/self as you will not have room when in the car to fight back.
  • Pepper spray may be nice to have when facing a single or multiple attacker but will be of no use in a mob scene - good driving skills and presence of mind are the only things you can rely on to stay safe. At least a quarter tank of fuel is mandatory as well !!!
All in all I agree with not stopping until you get to the police, and away from the mob - but God help you when you finally get to them as they are as bad as common criminals. Will post a detailed one on my bad experience later sometime which lead me to write the above ....its close to a year anniversary now !

did this happen in chennai? Awaiting your post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks