Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

manikjeet, sorry to hear about the accident. from the looks of it, seems like some good amount of work is there!

Guys, lets give him a break. No one would go around bashing his own wheels purposefully. Some people just have more accident than others.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Oh no not again!! Manik, you seriously need a driving lesson and a driver for about 6 months or so. Sit next to the driver and observe how he driving.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,
You all have a point. But this situation might have been bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Guys, I think it is best to stop being critics.
I am pretty sure he'll learn from these incidents and he says he has altered his driving style so i am sure he'll further improve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Guys, lets give him a break. No one would go around bashing his own wheels purposefully. Some people just have more accident than others.
Guys, we are suggesting what we are suggesting to him for his own safety only. I remember reading an assessment of his driving style from a friend of his on the forum in the last thread he started about his Alto which he had banged & was getting repainted. IIRC this is the 3rd or maybe more time that he's had an accident in recent memory, that is why we're telling him to either seriously reconsider how he drives or hire a driver.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:24   #19
Team-BHP Support

well im not gonna comment on his driving style since ive never sat in a car with him but manik look at the bright side. now that your headlamps need replacing you get the the projector/angel eye ones.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:49   #20
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
bro i was maintaining a say distance between my car and car infront of me and at the last a truck wala squeezed his truck in between
i was doing around 80 but when i hit the truck i was around 40 max
So you were doing around 80 and the truck overtook you. That means the truck was moving pretty fast. When you follow a truck closely at that speed, the main problem is that visibility gets hampered. As many people pointed out, keeping safe distance is not always possible, given the driving styles in our country. So it is very important that you be able to see ahead of the vehicle you are following.

If the road was sufficiently wide, you could have followed the truck in a staggered manner instead of directly behind. That might have enabled you to see ahead of the truck. Why is this important? If you had reacted the moment the car ahead of the truck crashed into the car in front of it, you would probably have had the time to stop your vehicle. But if you could not see in front of the truck, you would have started reacting only *after* the truck crashed into the car ahead and that was probably too late, given the distance available.

Personally I do not like to be overtaken by trucks for this very reason. Visibility gets hampered. But if the guy was doing crazy speeds, then the obvious option is to slow down a little and let him get sufficiently far ahead. Again the problem is that the truck guy will slow down frequently and not be able to overtake as easily as a car. So you will keep getting close to him if you try to follow him.

Last edited by rks : 2nd January 2008 at 12:50.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:28   #21
BHPian

Sad to hear this, Manik. Glad that you were not hurt though.
Drive safely!
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:47   #22
BHPian

Sad to hear about another accident. Hope you get your Innova repaired soon and i hope you are claiming for damages as it seems to cost you a good amount. Drive Safe
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I tried doing so and almost ended up hitting the car thrice because of people who cut and push you to the side because they see space in front of your car.
I second this. In such traffic there's always someone looking to get ahead of you, and he feels you are not moving fast enough if you are maintaining some space on your front. Next thing you know, this guy is pulling ahead of you. If it's a bus or a truck you will have a tough time trying not to get scraped by his blind corner.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
I second this. In such traffic there's always someone looking to get ahead of you, and he feels you are not moving fast enough if you are maintaining some space on your front. Next thing you know, this guy is pulling ahead of you. If it's a bus or a truck you will have a tough time trying not to get scraped by his blind corner.
In Hyd, it is generally mobikes that squeeze into any safe gap you maintain with the vehicle in front. They are also notorious for overtaking you from the left even when you have signalled to turn left well in advance. They also overtake you from the left and veer sharply to the right soon after they pass your car, thinking that your speed is constant, while you may be accelerating. Sometimes I feel like getting a Hummer and mowing them down
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

My view on this is that even the best of the drivers get caught in such chain accidents with nothing much to evade it.

So manik can be given benefit of doubt this time.

Nobody bangs his own car on purpose
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Guys, we are suggesting what we are suggesting to him for his own safety only. I remember reading an assessment of his driving style from a friend of his on the forum in the last thread he started about his Alto which he had banged & was getting repainted. IIRC this is the 3rd or maybe more time that he's had an accident in recent memory, that is why we're telling him to either seriously reconsider how he drives or hire a driver.
It is understood raghava. Everyone here wants the other to be safe and sound.

But, I just realised that this manik is the same manik @ "My little Alto got rear ended by a Bullet"!

I guess this is just Manik's style!
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:37   #27
BHPian

Mate you should stop driving or alter your driving style. Dont push your luck,it can backfire. I have seen your alto being repaired and after seeing that one can say, it had been seriously abused.
You could land yourself in serious trouble one day. You should also get your janampatri checked.
Cheers
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:14   #28
rks
BANNED

Looking at Manikjeet's profile, I observe two facts: He is aged 20 and secondly, drives the following cars: innova, ohc, alto and zen.

That is a pretty wide range of cars to be driving at such a young age. One tip I can offer is that these different cars will probably require different driving styles and subtle and not-so-subtle adjustments in technique. For example, whenever I switch from driving my relative's old M800 back to my Santro, I find that I initially press the brakes too hard in my Santro and the car stops abruptly. The reason: I really have to stand on the brakes of the (poorly maintained) 1995 model M800, to get it to stop. The M800 also has no power steering and one needs to adjust to that too, after getting used to Santro's steering. These may seem trivial, but can come back and haunt you if don't make the necessary adjustments. E.g. somebody could have rear-ended me as I pressed too hard on the Santro's brakes.

My sincere advice to Manikjeet is that if he is constantly switching cars, then he should make 100% sure that he is fully adjusted to the car that he is currently driving before pushing that car. And of course, as others said. concentrate and pay attention to the principles of safe driving, which could also vary from car to car.

Last edited by rks : 2nd January 2008 at 19:17.
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Manik
All i can say is drive safe.

Anyways is the windscreen intact or broken?
no bro its not broken was lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Manik, Pls dont do further driving (atleast make a resolution for this year), atleast for a year...Travel in public transport or buy a bicycle and ride around it, only then you will appreciate the value of the cars (which your dad paid to buy them)

Practically I think you just donot have the mindset to take the wheels at the moment, it is better you keep of it. Pls dont give excuses like people braked hard in front, you could have also braked hard had you been concentrating on your driving.

Abhi
i couldn't react much i had no time to react it all happened in a split second

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajs View Post
Sorry to hear that dude..
BTW you were lucky not to be rear ended..!
yup was lucky behind me was a tata 2310
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well im not gonna comment on his driving style since ive never sat in a car with him but manik look at the bright side. now that your headlamps need replacing you get the the projector/angel eye ones.
yup i was thinking on the same lines but have to convince dad BTW how much do they cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
manikjeet, sorry to hear about the accident. from the looks of it, seems like some good amount of work is there!
yup its alot of work the poor thing was not even 6 months old and had just done 32k km

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks