Team-BHP - Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/34194-will-ya-stop-passenger-habits-you-hate-11.html)

To be very honest, most of the "types" mentioned in this thread are Greek & Latin for me, for the simple reason that it's my car & I choose my co-passengers! :D

I very rarely have travelled with stranger friends. We usually pack our bags ONLY with people who match our frequency. And however close my friends & co-passengers are, I list down my rules well before starting the journey. And to list down, there are very few

1. Wear seat belts if you want to sit in the front
2. Do NOT smoke in my car!
3. Do NOT roll down the windows - unless there is no dust around or any of the guys suffer from acute cold / fever etc.
4. I do NOT mind playing songs at high volume, but we generally reach a consensus of what music do we play - we make sure we accommodate each other and play something which all of us can enjoy.

I am quite comfortable with people sleeping in my car. I do NOT want people to talk much to me. But some caring co-passengers of mine makes sure they talk to me so that I do NOT sleep off.

If anyone asks me to speed up, I do it as long as it is safe. If anyone asks me to jump a signal, I smile at them. To be very honest, I never had to frown on someone except once when I gave a lift to a total stranger and the guy was super stinking (some cheap liqour?) and thereby forcing me to roll down all windows!

Edit:: But I have to agree with one of the point. An unexpected interference can actually take the balance off your driving. It can lead to accidents with that 1s delay in judgement.

I'd add the eat munch and spill folks: On a long drive, when you take a break, they carry something to munch in the car. Make a mach-mach sound virtually in your ears and are not bothered about spilling, in particular juices, ice creams or sticky stuff which you can't easily clean off. Worse, the spilling keeps attracting rodents and other creatures that can destroy your interiors or even other vital parts of the engine ...

Another one I'd like to add:

Horrific Direction givers: This type of specimens that you have occasionally in your car who are actually supposed to direct you to their destination/home but point out to a turn only once you have crossed /are crossing that intersection.Then you got to go to a U-turn meters away in dense traffic and come back.:Frustrati

There are also people who expect you to drive a Safari on a road which is not even wide enough for an Activa and guess what, It is a dead end so you got to reverse back!:eek:

I hate people who question what you do when you are driving. When driving through a crossing I always honk to ensure I inform all that there is a vehicle appoaching.
My FIL who is an aged man will ask me- "Beta why do you press the horn even when nobody is there?"
Some passengers will tell you to squeeze in here and there especially at a traffic light or in a tight parking space, something I hate doing.

Seems most of them are experiencing common issues with co-passengers. Here are my irritation lists
- Changing the song in between when my favorite song is in progress
- My dad cautions me for every speed breaker which comes across, though I myself noticing it
- My daughter keeps on standing thereby hiding rear view
- making huge "thud" noise all of a sudden (e.g.dropping water bottle) causing sudden shock for a moment as we think whether that sound is due to car's interior parts.

Few inputs from my side

1. Ladies talking endlessly in the car especially in long drives
2. When passengers are cracking jokes on me lol:
3. When a co-passenger fold legs on keep his/her legs on dashboard for relaxation.
4. Passengers listening to poor jokes/PJs on FM and I am thinking something else.
5. When I don't know the way and I need to take a turn, but all passengers pointing to different left, right turns and everyone claims they are right. Not sure what to do hence I park car on roadside before taking a call which one to take. stupid:
6. When I am not able to see left OVRM properly

My list.

1. People getting in with muddy feet, without as much as bothering to try and dust it outside
2. Closing the door as though they are closing an ambassador door.
3. At the valet parking, those guys invariable change the driving position, even if they drive for a minute or two.

I can't tolerate the passengers who:

1) Speak on mobile phone loudly while I drive. It simply makes me loose my attention.

2) Feel sleepy when seated on the front passenger seat.

3) Make the AC run at maximum level without any real need.

4) Eat paan and spit it out from the window making the car look dirty.

5) Hate/Deny wearing seat belts in the rear seat.

6) Overload the car with luggage/ people more than the specified capacity. It kills the joy of driving.

Thanks

Something which i can't stand, that too on a new car.

People getting out of the car and slamming close the doors as if they belong to some 80's Ambassador.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 3454232)

People getting out of the car and slamming close the doors as if they belong to some 80's Ambassador.

True. I just hate it when this is done. Bugs me to the limit!! :Frustrati
This is one extreme and the other extreme is people who shut the doors too lightly and walking away, forcing you to get out and close the door yourself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 3454232)

+ 1. It pains more when someone slams door very hard and if you happen to be inside in driver seat. Best way to make them realize is closing the door hard while they are inside stupid:.

A few from my side:

- The most annoying is sitting with right knee touching the gear lever.
- Tapping on my shoulder from back seat when telling something.
- Keeping the doors open after alighting and not closing soon after - especially where there is heavy traffic.

I know all of these are done inadvertently, but still cannot avoid getting irritated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneToughRider (Post 3454074)
Few inputs from my side

1. Ladies talking endlessly in the car especially in long drives
2. When passengers are cracking jokes on me lol:
3. When a co-passenger fold legs on keep his/her legs on dashboard for relaxation.
4. Passengers listening to poor jokes/PJs on FM and I am thinking something else.
5. When I don't know the way and I need to take a turn, but all passengers pointing to different left, right turns and everyone claims they are right. Not sure what to do hence I park car on roadside before taking a call which one to take. stupid:
6. When I am not able to see left OVRM properly

Adding few more

7. If I stuck in traffic and some driver in front vehicle is smoking, I immediately change lanes no matter how much struggle I need to do.
8. When people are munching or littering (though unintentionally, else he/she wouldn't be inside :D) inside cabin. I am habitual of cleaning floor mates once the journey is over.
9. If I notice that my car is not cleaned properly in the morning, that chap gets a good scolding from me.

Is there anything wrong in slamming the vehicle door shut?
I am a driver and I actually catch hold of my passenger's ears when they don't slam it shut - because that would mean I come out walk over to their side and do the business (especially the rear doors).

(By the way I own pretty Old honda city).

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3454565)
Is there anything wrong in slamming the vehicle door shut?
I am a driver and I actually catch hold of my passenger's ears when they don't slam it shut - because that would mean I come out walk over to their side and do the business (especially the rear doors).

(By the way I own pretty Old honda city).

Just sharing my opinion, slamming door of a German vs a Japanese car creates different meaning. If I am driving a VW, I wouldn't allow passengers to shut the doors hard as it is not required, while getting inside or outside. But If I am driving a Maruti, I tell all to slam and shut but not like ambassador or taxi..:Frustrati