Team-BHP - Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/34194-will-ya-stop-passenger-habits-you-hate-15.html)

As an enthusiast, I look at things from my own lens. Well, I won't go into right or wrong, but there are certain things that bug me a lot. Here is my list:
  1. Keeping plastic covers of car seats for months/years I hate people giving more importance to maintenance over comfort/convenience
  2. Eating in car Why? Please stop somewhere, eat and go. I see it as a insult of a luxurious room. Do you have lunch on your bed? Why in car then? Please don't do that guys!
  3. Buying MUV because my family is big, but driving alone or with single passenger once a week There is lot to say about these people! They buy Ertiga, Mobilio, <MUV of your choice>. If you ask them about trips they had in that car, the answer is, "Yeah, we go.". Upon digging, you realize, they travel once in couple months as family, for family dinner, to hotel 2-3 kms away. :Frustrati Rent a cab! That's more practical. Rest of the times they drive it because "it's-been-sitting-there". And because of size, it's almost always "sitting-there"

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshye (Post 4695002)
Keeping plastic covers of car seats for months/years I hate people giving more importance to maintenance over comfort/convenience.

Their cars their rules I guess.. of course you can complain but its pointless. Democratic rules apply everywhere. The smell from the plastic is nauseous gas and is harmful, but should I care?

Quote:

Eating in car Why? Please stop somewhere, eat and go. I see it as a insult of a luxurious room. Do you have lunch on your bed? Why in car then? Please don't do that guys!
I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on the bed sometimes. Its a matter of experience and you won't spill on the bed ever. Its again nothing ridiculous, when staying in hotels I almost exclusively eat on the bed. Its an added convenience. Of course its another fact that a car steering, gearshift and door handles contain more bacteria than a toilet, much more, since all surfaces are constantly touched and rubbed by all types of hands. I keep an alcohol rub spray in the pocket. Your beloved car and phone are as a matter of fact, having 100 times more bacteria than any human orifice or a toilet. Only constant cleaning with sprayed distilled water can help. Polish wont do jack. Eating after they've read this? I hope not.

Quote:

Buying MUV because my family is big, but driving alone or with single passenger once a week There is lot to say about these people! They buy Ertiga, Mobilio, <MUV of your choice>. If you ask them about trips they had in that car, the answer is, "Yeah, we go.". Upon digging, you realize, they travel once in couple months as family, for family dinner, to hotel 2-3 kms away. Rent a cab! That's more practical. Rest of the times they drive it because "it's-been-sitting-there". And because of size, it's almost always "sitting-there"
Again, personal choice... beats the choices made in America and Dubai with their V6/V8 monsters though. India isn't that bad yet but slowly getting there. What I do dislike though is how some drive rashly and flash high beams when driving a large car, Toyota Innovas and Fortuners are mostly like that, besides their eye blinding white lights.. I'd like to seat all the Toyota/Mercedes car engineers and blast dozens of 300 watt floodlights at their eyes for 1 day at a proximity of 1 meter. Let's see how they like their monster turned on themselves. Most SUVs, specially the BMWs/Audis are driven quite sedately. Special note to owners of those 2 brands, they are restrained, an M2 was cruising alongside me on a road, if he wished he could've plastered my car to the kerb in one press.

Nice thread I dug in. Here is what I think my passengers should do/not.
  1. No ramming doors. Absolutely no. Nada!
  2. Eat whatever you want but do not throw wrappers/waste right out of the window. I keep covers in door pockets for this purpose alone.
  3. Windows closed -pollution or not I want my car dust free.
    • Unless we are driving a scenic route.
  4. No Smoking.
  5. Asking me to jump signals or take one-ways etc even when there are no cops or it is past 2AM.
  6. Wear seat belts.
  7. Telling me it is OK not to fuel even when it is below 1/4th.
    • I just try to keep my tank beyond 1/4th.
  8. When navigating, knowingly asking me to make abrupt stops or turns. I always ask at least 50mtrs heads-up in city and 300mtrs in highway.
  9. Please tap your feet before you sit in any car not just mine to reduce amount of mud gets collected in the car.

Here are some things that I don't like happening with my car:

1. Slamming the doors.
2. Eating anything inside the car.
3. Passengers who chew pan masala or smoke inside the car.
4. Passengers who scratch the interior plastics.
5. Passengers who talk too much or ask me to change the route for their convenience while asking for a lift.
6. Someone sitting on the bonnet of my car or keeping their foot on it.