I hate passengers who adjust the left side mirror for their visiblity,i really appreciate the person who came with the idea of electrically adjustable mirrors and placing controls on driver side.
I'd probably jump out of the car and escape..:uncontrol
I had a GF who was, in many respects, a better driver than me, I always felt 100% safe when she was driving --- but she always used to check her hair and make up using the RVM before setting off.
No skin off my nose (or cream on it!), it was her car and her face --- but why?
I guess there should be a separate thread for the habits of drivers that annoy us when we are the pedestrians...
Why is it that I jump to 5 Directly and NO 1 choice for me. I have seen many of my recently married friends doing 5 at First only. stupid:
I have driven the car with A/C on for some distance only to realize that someone has a window open at the back seat! How about that?
I have a couple of friends that just can not seem to keep their knees away from my shifter. I do not like grabbing for a gear and shifting a knee cap instead. If it happens to be a girl of the feminine persuasion then it is absolutely no problem at all.
...except for her, of course! :eek:
I need to add one more point here. Its my brother turning off the AC and opening the windows in the most polluted part of roads. I hate it when he do it. He keeps saying the sound of the blower is unbearable.:Frustrati
Irritating habits per person
- Gets into the car from left back door only, Thinks the right leg should be put in first... its auspicious..No wonder US is so advanced. the drivers their enters with right leg
- Does not like the windows open even 1%, she will get cold, she doesnot allow A/C to be switched ON... again Cold/Fever... So its air proof..
- Does not like ICE to be switched ON .. it hurts.
- If stuck in traffic, will constantly nag the driver (Me), doesnot mind exiting and catching a BMTC
- Keeps reminding me that buying a car is a waste of money and it was easier going in a bus
- Following the Mother-InLaw, No Windows, No AC fortunately likes ICE
- She doesnt end complaining on how she was duped because of marrying me
- Likes to start anthyakashri.. ends up in a fight,
- She likes backseat on average and bad mood
- She likes banging my daughter .. I will tell later what my daughter does
- Her hand reaches my mouth from back with all short eats picked up on road, even after i advise that iam driving
Daughter (4 yrs)
- if in front seat, pulls the glove box, slams it WHAM!!!
- Play with the volume knob on the HU... tear it basically
- push all button she can on the dash... Up Down window etc
- leave all trash..popcorn. icecream cup, plates, slippers etc in the car
- when in back ... Close my eyes from behind, pull ears, etc .. (Do RTO have rules for this)
- switch on and off the roof lights
SON.. 9 months
- loves cars bikes right now... wants to play with the gear lever in a running car
- pulls the steering wheel
- shift into my lap when driving
- ofcourse pee everywhere in the car
- No problem, except when mother is there, they have a nice fight.. my mother fights with everybody on earth
- He says my car is fine, only i have a problem... .cant discuss car related problems.. he owns a swift.. he loves music.. fantastic ICE he has ..
General habits are
- No one knows which place to go in city.. so we drive up till end of the street ... switch off the engine.. discuss for 15 mins then start driving in an undecided route
- when everybody is ready, I start-off cleaning windshield, then front of car, okay then back, then top.. So u see... its not acceptable for people sitting inside.. They start off complaining
fortunately we dont get too many guests.. but even if i did.. I make sure they know who is the boss....
1. NO SMOKING - Period. I am a smoker myself and this rule applies to me as well.
2. People getting in with muddy/dirty footwear. I insist on well known people - family mainly - that they tap their feet to gether after sitting in the car, with the legs still outside. Cant do it with some people though.
3. People who sing along with the ICE - especially out of tune.
4. People who ask me some questions and expect answers, when I am planning a nice overtake manoeuvre.
5. My kids trying to feed me chips and titbits when I am driving.
Here are my worst ones.
1) Most of you guys know that I have some gauges on the dash. Tacho, Vacuum, fuel pressure and air fuel ratio. When people who don't understand anything about cars get in my car, they start saying things like "yeh sab kya timepass lagaya hai" "yeh sab se kya speed badhta hai?" Some people point at the tacho and say "issey power badhta hai kya?" "Yeh kya silencer se boom boom awaaj aata hai? They try to reason saying "yeh sab lagane se gaadi Ferrari nahi banega"
The moment I hear this, I just stop the car and ask that person to get out, catch a cab and go home. Believe me, I've done this quite a few times.
2) People who refuse to wear seatbelts saying "Idhar koi nahi pakdega" These fools will never understand that it's for their own safety, not for some traffic cop. I refuse to start the car until and unless that person is not belted.
3) Backseat drivers. People who keep nagging, saying things like "slow kar, bhaga mat." etc. For these people, I downshift and floor the gas when they start nagging like that. Either they ask me to stop the car and get down or they shut their mouths and sit.
Back Seat driving tops the list for me -- even after me driving for the last 18 years my dad never stops to advice on how i should watch out for the cyclist and the motorist even though the guy is like half a KM away.
Couple of other things that annoys me are
*People treating the roads as dust bins and dropping trash on the road sitting in the car - more often than not these are the guys who complain about our dirty roads and cities
*On long drives your fellow passengers asking you to stop the car every now and then for some reason or the other - Somebody wanting to answer nature's call, somebody wanting to click pictures etc.
Can you hold it there a minute... I just need the loo... that tree will do fine.
Yep! It's usually me, that one!
ajmat - this is a very interesting thread. Loving it!
A lot of us BHPians share so many similar passenger woes.
Few posts did stand out in the crowd, though.
Two of them below:
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:36.|