Team-BHP - Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/34194-will-ya-stop-passenger-habits-you-hate-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aah78 (Post 690876)
How is that possible? - Unless, you have a column shifter - or: your front passengers are either very tiny, or children. :)

Seeing is believing.. Some people rotate in all possible directions when they are fast asleep !! I will not say more becoz the concerned person is also a TBHPian :)

@ ajit - nice and interesting thread !!

It seems most of the habits are commonly annoying to all of us.
My list goes like this :
1. Sleeping in the passenger seat - no matter how tired you may be, the passenger dozes off and wakes up after some time to ask you - aare bahot jaldi pohoch gaye hum log !
2. Eating in a car - its fine when your hand knows where your mouth is.. but eating in a moving car is something i hate.
3. Spitting out of a window - some people have a habit of chewing paan and spitting out on the road, from a moving car. Its the worst habit one can have !
4. Adjusting seat position - Hate it.
5. Keeping stuff on the Dashboard - it keeps sliding from one corner to another. Also, glare caused by things such as Paper/ books etc.
6. un necessary fiddling with ICE / AC knobs
7. Gettin in with dirty feet - mud/ soil is ok.. but gettin in a car with poop covered footwear.. yuk !

Not adjusting the seat position, and then complaining about being uncomfortable!

Wow! This list is amazing!
I have just started driving and here's mine so far.

Mom:
- No music.
- Stop in the middle of the road so we can go shopping
- it's ok if the driver waits in the crowded road but not her.
- If there's a jam she's like go faster. don't let him come in front of you. If the road is free, you revv to 2.5K while driving in second - drive slower.
- I'm 6'1" + and my mom is some 5'5" and if i sit in the driver's seat in the accord and she's behind me, i still need to adjust the seat so she has more than enough space.
- If i swerve or honk too much to avoid someone cutting across my lane it's my fault.

Dad:
- He's actually pretty chilled.

Sister:
- Reduce the A.C. it's too cold. And this in Mumbai's 35 degree weather.
- Let the driver drive, we need to reach there fast. I mean like it's 6.30 PM. No one isn't going anywhere fast!

Others:
Kids fiddling around in the front seat. I have experienced this as a passenger and I got irritated when my niece was fiddling with the controls from the front seat. i surely feel bad for the driver.

People putting their hand on the handbrake. That sure inspires confidence.

People opening their doors/unlocking it before the car comes to a halt. This messes up the central locking.

People standing behind the car in order to help you get out of a tight spot even if the car has reverse sensors. It can be really frustrating to have someone behind you, not letting the sensors do their work thus forcing you to bend in wierd angles to look at their hands.

People removing their seat belts minutes before reaching their destination. After all, everything is pre destined.

People calling while you are driving and the person who is supposed to pick up your calls and tell the person that you'll call back because you're driving keeps on handing the phone to you.

People asking you to blast the music when you are driving in traffic. I like loud music, but only in the nights, with the windows down in order to hear other road users.

Will think of more and get back.

BTW, i don't like people messing up the car by eating or drinking or smoking. Even though i smoke, i don't do it in the car. Water is ok. Everything else is not.

I get really cheesed off with this one friend of mine,..some nice song might be playing on the radio and he presses the volume button fully.

Literally Presses and holds it and by the time he realises, the speakers are jarring.

One day im going to take out those cheap oem speakers and throw it at his crotch.That'll teach him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binz (Post 691121)
I get really cheesed off with this one friend of mine.He gets,..some nice song might be playing on the radio and he presses the volume button.

Literally Presses and holds it and by the time he realises the speakers are jarring.

One day im going to take out those cheap oem speakers and throw it on his crotch.That'll teach him.

hahaha...lol:
How about this? Another 'specimen' who used to travel with me couple of years ago would either increase/decrease the volume depending on the song playing..i.e, if he liked a song on the radio,he'd crank the volume up. And if it was something he didn't like,it would almost be in 'mute' mode. One particular radio station used to play superb songs (mix of all kinds of music,which made it a very popular station). I used to be hooked onto this station, and thanks to this wierdo,half the time I'd miss out on a portion of a favorite song.
:Frustrati

Four tire - that was hilarious.

As India reaches critical mass in terms of over population, and North America and the rest of the world follow closely behind, we see the future of the world in microcosm inside a car. Put enough people in a car and leave them there for two hours at close quarters....and they will drive each other to madness and kill each other. This is the grand design of the Earth Mother Gayne who will soon tire of us and shake us off her like so many fleas. Except for me who she likes very much. All Hail Gayne.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 690710)
generation gap, never sems to end. high time you accept it as your fate (I did).

hmm, so what starts with 'fight'?

seriously, invest in a car seat. you already see how annoying and dangerous it is.

now, we didn't ask about your annoying habits, didn we? lol:

It takes loads of patience, if we need to enjoy every small moments of life

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 691117)
- I'm 6'1" + and my mom is some 5'5" and if i sit in the driver's seat in the accord and she's behind me, i still need to adjust the seat so she has more than enough space.

OT: :Shockked: 6 feet and I had a mental image of a small kid !!

four_tire, that was an awesome post. Your pain comes through.

In this matter, I am quite fortunate. Nobody does anything to irritate me in my car.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 691117)
People putting their hand on the handbrake. That sure inspires confidence.

That you should ban absolutely; do not worry about offending people, whoever they are. nobody should touch the car controls except the driver. Some idiot getting nervous and pulling the brake on could easily cause a bad accident.

Even if they are just using it as an arm rest; don't let them.

And if they get upset, and don't come in your car again: that's bonus! ;)
Quote:

People standing behind the car in order to help you get out of a tight spot even if the car has reverse sensors. It can be really frustrating to have someone behind you, not letting the sensors do their work thus forcing you to bend in wierd angles to look at their hands.
If they stop the traffic for me to back out onto a busy road, then that is great and they have earned their obligatory Rs.5. Standing behind me waving, just means I have to worry about avoiding them too. Never mind the sensors, we should all be able to back into a parking space. I feel like telling the guy, thanks, but I can drive!

And, never mind the sensors.... you should be looking behind you when reversing!

I dropped a friend at her hotel the other day; steep incline up to the front door --- the security guy asked me if I was ok to hold the car on the handbrake and start. Errr.... yes? Again, I can drive! Although I have to admit that hill starts is something Chennaiites don't get to do very often.

My sisters kids (2 sisters, 4 kids) are real devils.
On my wedding day, we had gone to pick up the mangalsutra from the goldsmith & I had left my 3 yr old nephew in the car & by the time we were back he had peeed on the drivers seat. imagine that.
On top of that my sisters are yelling at me not to get angry as it was my wedding day.
these kids insist on standing on the seats with thier shoes on.
and on long drives just when we hit a smooth strech they want to pee or go potty.
when I complain my sisters say wait till you have kids, let's see how you react with your own kids

Previously i get annoyed when someone speaks when i drive. But now got conditioned [No way i can ban my wife speaking :). But what gets into my nerve is the passenger right side door being open without looking out and behind.

I kinda agree with Thad's post earlier. Reading about some of the exhibits who travel in our cars, i have come to realize how sensible my wife is when it comes to things related to the car, and how i intend to keep it. :)

Music volume is kept at a pre-agreed level.
No fiddling with any knobs. If required, she asks me to do it.
Clean/dust footwear before entering the car.
Digging in the glove box? Nopes.
Switching ON A/C when overtaking? Nopes.
Discussing something important when overtaking? Sometimes, although i ask the person to wait.

There is a certain relative/family friend who slams the door shut so hard i once had to get the rear door realigned. Now, i never offer the concerned person a ride in the car. :D

One can also assume i am usually quite accomodating, and that i speak my mind out when it comes to something relating to how someone treats my car.