Things that drive me up the wall:
- 1 - There is an intersection coming up, slow down! Well, I'm certainly not blind, I can see it for God's sakes! My parents are the culprits here. My father, especially, sounds like a driving-school-instructor when I'm behind the wheel.
- 2 - Increase the treble and decrease the bass! One particular friend of mine has this awful habit of playing with my stereo in my car. He tries every button and knob on it, not knowing that he is one himself.
- 3 - I'm just looking around. Well, it doesn't look like you're JUST looking around. The same friend who features in my above point has the habit of opening the glove compartment and taking out all its contents! He knows how to tick me off!
- 4 - WHAM! BAM! See, I might not particularly like my Santro that much, but that doesn't mean you slam the Goddamn door shut! Be gentle, ok please?
- 5 - I can't wear the seat-belt, it just suffocates me and I've just eaten! Well, in that case, visit the little men's loo and come back. And deal with the suffocation. It's better than having your head splattered on the windscreen, God-forbid.
- 6 - Ushooo! You're going too fast for these roads! See, I'm 1st/2nd gear and I'm doing 20! It just so happens that I got to 20 a little quicker than everyone else! (can be attached to point no. 1)
- 7 - Stop here! No turn there! Seriously, a GPS configured in Japanese will be more helpful! And for Heaven's sake, don't ask me to stop in the middle of the road or make a sudden turn. I like my indicators and I like switching them on at least 30 feet before making the turn!
hate it when friends adjust my rvm(manual adjusters on the palio) to check out a chick who just passed by..!
so made it a point that next small car should have electric adjusts.
The very day I picked up my car, went out with friends and this one lady friend swung the door open and wacked the car parked next to me. :Frustrati
Slamming the door:
Me: Dude, please be gentle.
They: cmon, its a mahindra, a truck!
Dirtying the interiors:
Me: Hello, what the hell are you doing?
They: Dude, you got leather seats, you can wipe it off. Dont be so arrogant.
This one is exclusively for my mom. she uses my car as a mini truck for carrying anything from plantation soil to furniture to trucks. and if its soil, its not just one or two sacks, its a full 10-15 sacks, so much that the scorpio's rear end bows down in respect!
Me: Mom, dont overload the car like this, the suspension will be damaged. why not hire a truck?
She: when we have a big car, why to hire a truck?
Me: but this car is not meant for such heavy duty applications. moreover, you are spoiling the beige interiors.
She: shut up.
These are few really irritates me -
1. Slamming the door as hard as one can
2. Kicking/thumping on the driver seat (specially kiddos) from rear seat or movements around gearbox/handbrake
3. eating/feeding the kids in car (goes to wifey)
4. too many instructions on traffic/periphery
5. rubbing/scratching the dash board using key, book , pencil or similar:Frustrati
I really hate it when,
1. Back seat passengers play with the power window switches, finger print the glass in an attempt to clean the glass inspite of AC or demister ON.
2. sitting with legs folded as if they are sitting on a bed or sofa at home. my poor seats.
3. Driving and road guide instructions by the minute (Why cant they join Radio stations and educate the public on the same instead of spoiling my drive).
4. Silly excuses to not wear the seat belt,
my mom: Spoils my saree iron and if I try to talk more, one word: Shut up and drive.
my wife: I trust your driving skills, so will not wear one. (Ya rite).
5. Asking for the ICE remote and chaning stations and settings.
6. Co-passanger in the front seat, deciding when to turn on the wipers during a rain/drizzle, checking what's in the glove box.
7. Advising on better mods on the car, why no family member name stickers on the rear glass, blue lights(Xenon), why no pioneer woffer(Me: Woff! Woff!)
8. Questions on why no audi style led's on the headlights and nfs style stickers on the front doors.
When will people learn.
1. Back seat driving. Come drive and I will do back seat driving, get a taste of your own medicine and you will know why I ask you to shut up.
2. Fiddling with door lock, power windows. I control all the operation after those annoying moments.
3. Slamming the door. How would you feel if I slam your head with the same force against a wall?
4. Opening a door without seeing if you are about to touch other car/footpath/obstacles. My uncle got my door jammed on a foothpath:Frustrati
5.Complete disregard for the car and using it carelessly.Torn seat cover at the edges, finger nail scratches on the door trims, what not!!
When others drive my car (I give all sort of excuses not to hand over the wheels, but mom cuts in sometimes, "Too much traffic, you are not experienced enough":Frustrati):
1.High revving (mine is a Diesel). God damn, make use of all the available torque and stop unnecessary throttling.
2.Abrupt release of clutch. The car jumps like a frog.
I have friend who keeps telling me, go to left when there is a opening on left, go on right when there is opening on right. Typical like auto and two-wheeler guys.
Other thing is people sit next to you like Maharajas, with right arm on waist which makes gear changing in hatches little difficult.
I also hate when people try to adjust the volume for their convenience. Cant it be what I want in my car?
- Be it Wife, friends or relatives, I hate when people bang the doors when closing
- Can never tolerate back seat driving
- Forced to tolerate Wifey & kiddos dirtying the interiors with food
- Cannot tolerate hearing song that I don't like to hear
1) Slamming doors shut, like they are still closing ambassador doors. It's something similar to some older people still talking loudly on the phone. What makes it worse is that I own a swift and it needs half a reason to start rattling 2) Single co-passenger talking on the mobile (yeah, am married so wont say who it is). I feel like a driver 3) Fiddling with anything on the dash. My rule, don't touch anything. If you want something, ask me 4) Last minute direction change. It usually goes like this "oh oh oh, that was the turn, we just crossed it". I say "Are you sure". "Yes, ofcourse!" comes the reply. You are already miffed a bit since your nearly jumped out of your skin when they did the oh oh oh loudly. and then when you take the turn it turns out to be the wrong one.
I remember that once I was driving from Delhi to Chandigarh on my Alto with one of my friends and we saw a guy asking for lift near our office and we thought of helping that poor soul. This guy hopped on and in about 10 minutes of riding with us he says, please lower the volume of the stereo as I need to take this call. My friend stares at me and this guy starts taking the call. Once he finished his good 20 minute call I again raised the volume of the stereo and thats when my friend told that he wants to drive as he needs to take a slight detour, I could sense some mischief in his eyes and gave him the wheels. Within 5 minutes again this guy whom we offered the lift asked the volume again to be lowered. My friend totally ignored the request and kept on driving and also did not let me do that either. That guy jumped from the rear seat and lowered the volume himself.
Now my friend left the highway around Gannaur and drove on some dirt track for about good 8 Kilometers and then forced this guy out of the car and started the car and gave him gyan that it was our vehicle and not his and we are being courteous enough to offer him a lift and he needs to be grateful to us for this fact. There on he drove me back to highway and once we were back on track, I took the wheels again from him and we couldn't stop laughing all the way. This I would say is a nice way to treat such morons.
I remember my friend who offered a lift to an old man on his scooter somewhere near pune/mumbai in 1995 or so. Lonely area and the guy actually denied to get off the vehicle after reaching a junction where my friend need to take a different route from this old man. The old man insisted he being dropped off close to his house, forcing my friend to detour for about 2kms or so.
This incident forced me NOT to offer ride for any strangers, but my heart still makes me think otherwise. Once (somewhere in late 90s) I got very late (like 2am) on my way back home from the office, wanted to try if I can get a bus(did not own a vehicle then and was kanjoos to hire a taxi :D). After a long wait, decided to ask for lift and a Ashok Leyland lorry stopped. I was not sure, if I should take the ride, but braved into it. Ride was majestic and felt all other vehicles tiny. After reaching close to my destination, I tipped the driver (where usually they take money, I was told), but here the driver was annoyed (mildly and telling me that is not required). All along the journey it was nice company they gave, nice old songs, engaged with little conversations in general etc.
I can't tolerate Back-Seat Driving. And sometimes when I have to drop mom somewhere, she'd peek at the speedo and ask me to slow down. I ignore nevertheless.
@NFS: I've had a similar experience when I was in school. But it was on the trailor of a tractor. I was clinging on to my dear life all the way, because the trailor doesn't have a suspension and this guy was driving at full steam (it was late at night) on the uneven road. Needless to say, I was literally jumping up and down all throughout.
I hate it when people in the back lower the glasses cause its automatic and the get out without closing it.
Also putting on songs in their mobile with high volume when the radio is playing someting else.
Singing along with a lousy voice.
2 people giving different directions to the same place.
My wife is extra cautious with her car but does not care to dirty my car:Frustrati
one of my cousin has never owned a car or a bike but offers all kinds of suggestion on how to maintain my car.
Re: Will ya stop that!! Passenger habits that you hate!
Though my people at home are very good in terms of not interfering in my driving style or anything, there are still some irritants that I hate-
1. Changing FM station: like to listen to my kind of music and do not like when some one keeps pressing another channel. Also disturbs the rythm.
2. That other route was quicker: in case there is some jam etc, suggesting that the other route was quicker. Please I know (mostly) which route works better and don't tell this only when things go wrong:Frustrati
3. Sitting in the back seat: especially if the person is a non family member it becomes irritating to find some one continuing to sit in the back (if the front passenger alights). Come on I am not your driver.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:06.|