Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2005, 21:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Valet Drivers = Your car's worst nightmare

Guys,

remember we had a thread about the valets and their parking earlier?

well this happened in front of me -

i had been to Tian for dinner and gave the valet my car and he reversed it and parked it properly , i stood there till zulu was parked. after a while i remembered that i had left my cell in the car and i went down to get it - as i collected my phone and was walking back i hear a loud THUD

i turn back and see - the valet in a zen has banged head on in to a cycle !!

what happened was the valet saw there was no traffic coming from behind , so he made a quick u turn and proceeded in the wrong direction dint see the cycle and crashed into him !! the poor zen had scratches on the bonnet and the head light bent too but this guy just went ahead nonchantlyand parked it.

i waited for him but then he had jammed the door on impact - God knows what he did after that !! i gave a piece of my mind to the management about the valets !!

but no use - its always written - car parked at owners risk , we are not responsible for theft , damage or anything else!! that clause lets them get away !!

we gotta do something about this guys !!

wat say?? and now i read that a C klasse gone from a colaba hotel !!

*** !!

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th January 2005 at 21:48.
normally_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2005, 21:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

yeah,
a friend of mine had gone to a hotel in chembur .and and his brand new Flair had its bonnet dented and the number plate broken.
as it was already late he did not notice it,and to his shock when he saw it the next day,the hotel simply refused to accept their responsibilty.
Old 11th January 2005, 23:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

I always think many times before I give my car to the valet. Mostly i park it myself. Dont trust these guys esp with my AT transmission. Btw NC the C Class which flicked has been found

Dippy
Old 11th January 2005, 23:13   #4
bhp
BHPian

and the way these guys rev the car to hear that free flowing sound !!! sick they are
Old 11th January 2005, 23:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

yeah dips

read abt that too !! that was quick work by the cops
Old 11th January 2005, 23:31   #6
BANNED

ITC valets are rash and JW the bridge on tops takes a lotta revving for these. either i take the qualis now or stop going places like those lol
Old 12th January 2005, 03:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hey NC,

You should have found the owner of the zen and told him. Because i am 100% sure the hotel would tell him that the car was parked and some1 came and banged it.

I just NEVER EVER give my car to the valets.
Once my friends were all complaining about that when we went to the taj, and my other friend gave his new baleno to the valet, came back, and the rear bumper had a HUGE dent. They claimed the valet was parked in the car and a esteem came and banged it (claimed the driver was drunk) and then sped off. Suprisingly they said they got the number plate..... however i seriously doubt that story! looked more like the valet reversed into something to me.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2005, 07:45   #8
Team-BHP Support

Three years ago, I was out pubbing and my car had just been polished. The valet parked her at some godforsaken place and when I got her back, she was covered in bird droppings. I was well and truly put off. Since then, I've not given her to any valet. My friends complain too, but, I just ignore them.
Old 12th January 2005, 10:04   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
The valet parked her at some godforsaken place and when I got her back, she was covered in bird droppings.
Same thing happend to me last night. I had to clean the car late in the night after getting back.
Bird droppings leave strong marks on paint.
Old 12th January 2005, 13:57   #10
BHPian

hi totally agree with u ppl and do not ever hand it over to the valet for parking except for a hotel which i frequent to in ghatkopar (its called Meghdoot), there the valet has been working for years and he always manages to park the car well in small place and has never damaged any of our family cars ( accent and M800) the management although has put up this clause, always takes care of the cars which are givrn to be parked and thus the customer as well as the management is happy.

shubbhi
Old 12th January 2005, 23:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well,i dunt mind giving the car to the valets,as such an untoward incident has never happened with me.I usually give the valet around 10rs-20rs before he parks my car,and after i get it back too.So they do take good care of the car.

X
Old 26th February 2008, 11:09   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Never trust people who assist you with parking!

Have to make a trip to the dealer soon because got a big ugly scratch on the front left bumper. Luckily fog light did not break. There was a water pipe I could not see and this guy kept signaling me to inch forward, so drove into the pipe Hope heaven has wide open roads and parking lots :-)
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 11:22   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

And how! An attendant "assisted" in my backing up my car and before I know it the top edge of by rear bumper has kissed a protruding pole edge. Needless to say, gave him a watering down and had that part of my bumper re-done the next day.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:25   #14
Team-BHP Support

Somehow i have always been lucky with these so-called attendants. Usually, i ask my wife to help, if i feel its required.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

This reminds me of the "kaccha aam" ads where the driver is backing his amby and tells the kid there to see "chotu lagg raha hai kya" and nce the car his the wall, the kid says, lagg gaya!!!!

Sorry to hear about your car's bumper issue. Hope you gave the parking attendant your piece of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks