Team-BHP - Have people lost it??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Have people lost it?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/34700-have-people-lost-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 700751)
please please please can i also vent my frustration regarding these two wheeled manical morons?

Nope...Please wait for them to upgrade to Nano:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 700751)
I heard in Delhi they make traffic rule offenders watch a 3 hour video as punishment. and also heard that its very effective.

Video of what? May be Fast and Furious, just to show how to drive fast and still be alive. If they are showing some rona-dhona serials, then I quit driving

Ill give you two incidents.
The first:
First im in my Innova with the driver driving, at tardeo opp Heera Panna taking the road to Mahalaxmi. The signal there is really short so all are on tenderhooks. This biker dude just cuts in from the front and my driver has a tough time saving him. As we take the turn i head something banging from the rear of the car. I turn around and would you believe it that this jerk was kicking the car bumper from behind and the same time saving himself from falling down. I got out and by this time he got his Helmet of to reveala young guy but looked educated and from a good family. He had some ID on and around his neck. My first thought was to just go and punch him in his face but I just spole to him and said that he looked educated and from a good family and that my driver had saved him, not run over him. If he was not ready to behave civil then I specified that i would just love to take t ahead from there in the way he chose. I think this had an impact on him and he immediately muttered "Sorry". I was so stunned that we both smiled, shook hands and went our ways. I hope he had learnt his lesson.

Incident two:

Place: Opp National Garage, im heading in lane three to peddar road when from the extreme right lane a cabby with a woman and some children, without any regard to any other person and the law just speeds in my way. I just about missed hitting a car on my left and also the cab. Since the signal just turned red We ll stopped. I looked behind to see a man with white (probably 55ish) and waved to him to take it easy, all the time smiling (I dont usually get agitated with senior citizens). To my surprise he started waving his fists at me and appeared to be letting out a volley of profanities. I got out to reason with him and tell him that i had not said anything even remotely aggressive and to my surprise he starts and takes off at my religion. At this juncture I again reprimanded him politely that it was enough and he should no more say anything further or else I would forget that he was and elderly person. What do you think he does??...he started making obscene gestures at me telling me off in the choicest Hindi profanities.
That was enough and even though I regret what I did, I know he was asking for it. I just put mu hand in through the window and yanked hard at his collar, pulling him towards the B pillar around six-seven...i dont know how many times. Each time his head went "THUD" at the B pillar. when i left him he must be in another world. The lady in the cab begged me to let go and I did. I think it was a bit overdone by me but as the signal turned green he sheepishly and delibretely looked away and waited for me to go ahead even though he had ample space. He was plain scared now. I again told him that if he had shut up this thing would have never happened and that next time he should be careful where and when he opens his mouth. He was definitely embarrassed, so was I. I dont think it as a heroic feat, especially when it involves a less fortunate and older person.
I hope i dont get into this kind of situation again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 700782)
Nope...Please wait for them to upgrade to Nano:)

Video of what? May be Fast and Furious, just to show how to drive fast and still be alive. If they are showing some rona-dhona serials, then I quit driving

may be ekta kapoor's serials....6 episodes back to back lol:

Regards,

I was 19.
driving my 800, fast and rash. was an errand I did not like and my driving was bad.
swiped a fiat car, very close.
I guess the cars came within a hair breadth of each other.
The driver flashes his lights and waves his fist.

I stop my car right in front of the fiat, get down ready for a fight.
There is an old lady sitting in the rear seat of the fiat. She looks at me all angry and ready and calmly says a simple sorry is enough.
I stop, confused and start walking back to my car.
Return back to the car, thank the old lady and apologise to both her and the driver.

I learnt my lesson that day.
you cannot behave badly because someone else behaves badly with you.

anger is very much a part of me, but its too personal a thing for public show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohit (Post 700807)
may be ekta kapoor's serials....6 episodes back to back lol:

Regards,

Nope. Mr.Bean back to back 6 hours.:D. By the time he comes out of this. He will be certainly acting like Mr.Bean.

Even I have a small incident to share, today morning rather around noon I was returning from a local grocery shop after buying some stuff.

There is a local pre-school on the way back, Junior section had just finished their school day and toddlers were slowly trickling into their school buses, it is a very narrow road hence I was moving at a very slow speed. As I was passing the school, I noticed a maruti omni van standing right in the middle of the road, completely blocking the traffic coming from other direction so I stopped and asked the van driver to move his vehicle, without any reasons he came out and started all MC/BC in his favorite Haryanavi style, I was taken aback, still asked him to move on which he refused. Started blaring horns loudly and after 5 minutes he suddenly started his vehicle and took off and hit a cow. Few kids were petrified. And just Vanished. I just did not understand the behavior.

I went inside the school, talked to Principal about it , but he only said.."these are private operators, we can't do anything" and walked off. Now I was totally perplexed. Not knowing what to do, drudgingly came home.

have people lost it!!! your kidding me?

this is my incident that happened here in trivandrum on the nh47

i was on my alto on the way back from a horrible meeting.
so i always pump up the volume loud well insane loud!
on the way back to kovalam where i live

so after the bridge at thiruvallom is this very famous Tody shop which stinks up that section of the nh47 so i normally increase my speed to avoid that stench.
in front of me is a red santro just come out of the tody parking lot.
so i overtake him and speed up, this is what happens he waves a fist at me and says somthing but the music was too loud. so i pulled down my window reduced the volume and said thankyou fer some wierd reason.
and then i sped up ahead of him.

now way ahead of him i see a car in my rear mirror flying towards me horning with blazing lights. i let him pass me.
and then the unexpected happens i am on the left and from the right he tries to bang my car i brake with the handbrake and was gasping for air after couple of mins i see 5 drunk strong built men walk out, fearing for my life i drove the **** out of the car to kovalam and i see them again following this time they where very close to me and they wouldn't let me slow down trying every time to rear end me push me of the road they did hit me a couple of times in the rear, i thought of heading to the police station on the way i see a huge group of my friends along with my dad and manager near the hotel i brake and skid the car into the parking space.

then it was like heheheee those people are so outnumbered they stop the red santro yank them out and beat the living crap out of them and i am not 1 bit sorry bout this.
i later learn they where local gundas of my colony and had no clue who i was.

that evening they came to my house and apologized to my father and then hugged me and said sorry.
i was i don't need your sorry repair my car and let me be!
my father gave them tons of advice of living a better life.

i have a banged door with a fist, a scrapped side wall and a dented rear bumper.

thats my incident or more of a Action flick from a movie

Last evening, My wife and I were on the way out near Shalini grounds (Jayanagar 4th block) and waiting in the 1st row along side a M800 for the traffic from the cross road to pass . The cop signals our lane to start. As soon as we start, the guy on my right hand just swerves his M800 to the left. Since i had just started moving, i steered to the right to avoid a crash, but he just seemed to be coming on more to the left.

i finally had to brake since there was a biker to my left, and any more movement to the left would mean hiting him, and as a result i was left with scratches from the scaping received from the other car. And he did not even bother braking or slowing down.

Intentional? Have people lost it? Yes - a few of them, definately.

Looks like i opened a bag full of peopes woes.
Well reparing the panel below the quater panel would be quite a bit expensive so all i did was removed the right tail light/stuck a rod inside and removed whatever part which had gone inside.Although it does not look all that good but i ll live with it since i dont want to spend on looks part of the car as i ll be selling it in sometime.
Also learnt a lesson that ' INDIA MAIN AISA BHI HOTA HAI'
This is taking road rage to the next level.
Guys feel free to use this thread in posting your road experiences.

As it stands, common sense & all forms of logic have been missing for a long long time. People think that its alright to turn things around & blame others,and getting away isn't a problem at all.

Fellow-BHPians..there are just a few things we can all learn from these experiences:
1) if ever you get into a situation where some moron cuts you off/swerves into you, stay as calm as possible & try not to get angry. If possible, let things go (as long as your car/bike isn't damaged).

2) If someone does cut you off,look at the driver & see if the guy's under the influence,or is in an emergency that's making him/her drive like a nut. If nothing seems apparent,keep a straight face and hope that an apology comes your way. Avoid honking,or repeating what that person did,just to get back at them.Its really not worth it.

3) If you make a mistake,be absolutely quick to acknowledge it. Wave your hand,have a 'i'm so sorry' look, and try to get the message across. Keep your calm. If someone stops you & starts shouting,try your best to explain. If not, be hasty & just leave-its not your problem to deal with someone else's anger.

4) Last but not the least, try to move away from a scene/incident ASAP. Really,ignorance is bliss,and if it means having to run away from a situation,its better to do that than have a lot of zeal & get into trouble. Most people think they'd be a coward,if they were to accept a mistake even if they didn't do it. Its only sensibility that will tell you to turn the other way,and move on with life.

I do hope that someday everyone on the road uses their brains, and these kinds of incidents cease to exist. Till that day,God help everyone!
Stay safe,and hope for the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost
fast and rash. was an errand I did not like and my driving was bad. swiped a fiat car, very close. I stop my car right in front of the fiat, get down ready for a fight. you cannot behave badly because someone else behaves badly with you.

I am not sure I understood this. You were fast, you were rash, your driving was bad, you swiped a car and on top of that you spoil for a fight. And then you say that someone else behaved badly with you. :Shockked:

Man, just think yourself lucky that it was a lady.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 700729)
I have no muscle; I don't know how to hit someone, and I don't know how to shield myself. My wife, wisely, says, "If you go for fighting, first learn to fight". But still I find it hard not to react.

Couldnt help replying to this post. Its not about fighting but about 'thinking' before getting into a fight. For a few thousands Rs of damage, are we prepared to hit some one, involve the police, may be legal hassles, if at the minimum? I dont think so. If we keep our egos in check, we all would see its no big deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachelongbow (Post 701226)
Couldnt help replying to this post. Its not about fighting but about 'thinking' before getting into a fight. For a few thousands Rs of damage, are we prepared to hit some one, involve the police, may be legal hassles, if at the minimum? I dont think so. If we keep our egos in check, we all would see its no big deal

Right said. Before anything being done,its always best to ask yourself, 'is it worth fighting with someone/taking this big risk all to prove myself to be correct' ? Nah..95% of the time,I don't think its worth it. The remaining 5% probabily constitutes the times when we down right know it wasn't our fault,and the other individual is going overboard & turning things around,putting you in a tight spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 700801)
Ill give you two incidents.
Incident two:
That was enough and even though I regret what I did, I know he was asking for it. I just put mu hand in through the window and yanked hard at his collar, pulling him towards the B pillar around six-seven...i dont know how many times. Each time his head went "THUD" at the B pillar. when i left him he must be in another world.

:D I like this guy !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachelongbow (Post 701226)

Right, of course.

And often it is for no damage at all, except, as you say, to the ego.

There is no way I am going to change anybody's driving by getting mad.

And, as of now, I'm working on it.

Even yesterday, as I started hitting the horn, my wife reminded of me my resolve, and I stopped.

Just have to remember for myself next time!